Allen or Watson ( Who would you rather have leading your team Saturday)

Buffalo716

Who would you rather have   

311 members have voted

1. 1. This Saturday: If you had the choice of either QB, who would you want leading your team

• Josh Allen
    • Deshaun Watson

32 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

He locks onto receivers, makes bad decisions and doesn't throw with the touch that top tier QBs do.  

He however has DeAndre Hopkins which allows him to get away with some of the issues he has. 

Ok...let’s start with your first sentence...even if what you say is true, he is a far more efficient passer than Allen at this stage in their development anyway...so your point is moot..that’s like comparing Empire Strikes Back Luke Skywalker to someone who doesn’t use the force- suggesting he can only lift his fighter part way out of the swamp, he loses his temper, and gets his ass kicked by Vader...yeah, but the point is he’s still able to see into the future, telepathically communicate with others, while also able to levitate things with his freaking mind! so while you can criticize him all you want for not being a perfect Jedi at that point in his development, Luke was still way more bad ass than the average person lol...

Second sentence...I ain’t even gonna try to front...Hopkins is the truth lol...that being said, coming out of school Watson’s development was already was ahead of Allen’s, and continues to be so at this time...and he is just a more consistent passer on basic and long throws.

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I mean this is the definition of being a homer.  I think Allen has done some good things but Watson might be a top 5 qb right now. He has to carry that team to wins.  Watson and our defense would be a SB contender. 

Can you please explain how he "carries" his teams to wins when either one of his top wide receivers would be a 1 on our team?

Doesnt make sense

38 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

He locks onto receivers, makes bad decisions and doesn't throw with the touch that top tier QBs do.  

He however has DeAndre Hopkins which allows him to get away with some of the issues he has. 

He doesn’t throw with touch now.  Hmmm interesting 

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Can you please explain how he "carries" his teams to wins when either one of his top wide receivers would be a 1 on our team?

Doesnt make sense

So you’re saying that a QB can’t carry a team based on the fact that the QB has 2 WRs that are better than Brown? (Even though he only has 1 better than brown.  Fuller is NOT that).

Edited by NewEra

30 minutes ago, Figster said:

Josh Allens arm strength is unmatched by anyone in the history of the NFL and its not even close. It gives Allen the ability to reach distances and at a higher velocity then anything we have ever seen.

A longer learning curve goes with the territory.

We're just scratching the surface...

Okay, but when will that potential be realized? Saturday? Highly unlikely. This question is about one game only, not which player you want for next season even.

This week?  Probably Allen since I doubt Watson knows our playbook.  Although, does that mean Allen starts for them?

Long term.....I'd definitely take Watson over Allen.  He's more of a sure thing at this point.  

Edited by Doc Brown

Love Josh but at this point in time it's Watson..easily.

With that being said hoping for a Bills win on Saturday.

Mahomes, Jackson and Watson seem to really excel in their second year.

Josh has not excelled as quickly as the others but he is progressing and getting better

and winning while doing so. His 3rd year may be the charm.

I said Watson because of the wording of the poll.  I think Watson is ahead of Allen in his development, and is the better QB right now.I don't know that Watson has a lot of untapped upside at this point.  I don't know what Allen's untapped upside is, but the odds are that it's significant.  The problem is, we won't see much, if any of it, on Saturday.

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

He doesn’t throw with touch now.  Hmmm interesting 

So you’re saying that a QB can’t carry a team based on the fact that the QB has 2 WRs that are better than Brown? (Even though he only has 1 better than brown.  Fuller is NOT that).

My point is that Watson's offensive weapons are better then Allens.....period

3 hours ago, jrober38 said:

Shocking how many people don't seem to watch anyone but the Bills play football. 

Both the good and the bad on that to be honest.....like nobody but Josh Allen ever throws a bad pass.....or holds the ball to long and takes a sack.......or watch as offensive weapons cant get separation while other teams have more offensive talent....or

Well....you get it

At first glance Watson should be considered a better QB, but I've watched him last couple years and just am not impressed at all and his playoff record is not very good either.  Even if the Texans win its almost certain they would lose the next week.  I'll take my chances with Josh and at the end of a game would take Allen 100%.