Allen or Watson ( Who would you rather have leading your team Saturday)

Buffalo716

Who would you rather have   

311 members have voted

1. 1. This Saturday: If you had the choice of either QB, who would you want leading your team

• Josh Allen
    • Deshaun Watson

I picked Watson,  but I'm torn. If it's just X's & O's and strictly numbers its Watson, but there's something about Allen and his will to win, his heart and how he rallies the team that makes it kind of a toss up. 

Edited by RaoulDuke79

18 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Not sure how you can say that he’s a better leader?  Allen is a great leader.  I’m happy with him, but I think some people make things up because they want it to be so.  Watson put a team (albeit very talented team) on his back and won championships in college and makes the playoffs almost every year in the nfl.  

im not saying Watson IS the better leader.  I’m saying that we don’t know if Allen is the better leader.  That’s a tough one to quantify considering we’re bills fans and don’t necessarily follow the Texans to the same extent 

very fair. Hard to quantify but from what we can see on the outside, and what people tell us about them it seems both guys have excellent leadership qualities.

• Like (+1) 1

This thread is fantastic. 

To those who are arguing that Josh is better right now than Watson, stop. He’s really not. And anyone whose around here enough to know me knows that I’m a huge huge Josh supporter. But that’s just a dog that can’t hunt. 

Subsequently, to those who are arguing that Josh is to Watson what JP Losman is to Aaron Rodgers (or fill in your other comps) you’re also wrong. It’s a clear gap between the two, but it ain’t that big.

For those who compare the effect of having a top D vs having one of the most elite WR’s in the game as it relates to a QB’s performance and statistics, stop it. That’s idiotic. Of course Watson benefits greatly from having Nuk. If you doubt that, look at how he plays with Fuller in the game vs. when he’s out. When Fuller is there and the defense can’t elimanate Nuk, Watson and the offense are much better. 

All that to say, Watson right now is the better choice. I don’t think that will be the case for much longer, and I think Allen looking very good this Saturday while Watson struggles (granted vs very different defenses) will open the eyes of some people going forward. 

To the OP- well done. Any time you can make a thread leading to people arguing like crazy that ends in both sides looking ridiculous, you’ve done a good job. ;)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Since the first Pats game, where he sucked, Josh Allen has been very consistent.  Not brilliant or dominant, but effective, in all the games except the final Jets game which doesn't count.

Watson has been wildly inconsistent.  I have a theory why, but there's no question that when he's on his game, he's better than this year's Josh Allen.  When he's not playing well, he isn't effective. 

My theory is that the Texans' coaches aren't as good at figuring the opposing defense's strengths and weaknesses, so they don't find the best way to put Watson into the best position to win. 

Anyway, the Bills did better than anyone else in containing Lamar Jackson, so they should be OK dealing with a really good player who's not quite as good as Jackson.  So for this game, against this Bills defense, I think Watson will not be the dominant guy he has been on occasion.  For this game, I would taken Allen.

44 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I’m not trying to knock Allen here. Love him going forward. But where on earth are you getting your numbers? 

watson has 800 more yds passing.
A rating 13 pts higher. 

a better YPA by a full yard

comp rate a full 9% better 

6 more pass td and 5 more total td. 

their numbers aren’t even close to being similar. It’s not even really debatable. 

And more interceptions and more sacks. I notice how you keep those out. 

fact I would rather have Nuk Hopkins over Watson 

44 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

This.  Loved watson in college and follow him now.  Having said that all the guys who think picking allen is a homer move havent watch enough watson.  Like I said.  Love the guy.  Think hes great but he is severely limited where allen isn't. Watson has same limitations as josh with less arm strength.  

Same limitations?  This seems like a stretch considering Josh is a bottom tier QB and Watson is not...

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1

If I could have either for a game now, the choice for me is clear, Watson. However, which would I rather have for the rest of their careers? That is very hard to choose.

16 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

He also kept out number of fumbles- I didnt check, but I believe Josh has more.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

And do those 2 numbers actually change how inaccurate your statement was? How about we look at total turnovers just like I looked at total td. Both have 13.... so that’s about the only number they are close to being similar. Congrats you finally nailed one. 

Somebody else earlier in the thread called out how the numbers aren’t even close as well. 

I love Josh Allen, man. He very well could turn out to be better than watson down the line. But he’s not right now. you saying their stats are similar is extremely inaccurate and uninformed. I have to wonder if you even looked at their stat lines before you said that. It’s scary to me if you actually looked and still came to the conclusion that their numbers were similar 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Same limitations?  This seems like a stretch considering Josh is a bottom tier QB and Watson is not...

He locks onto receivers, makes bad decisions and doesn't throw with the touch that top tier QBs do.  

He however has DeAndre Hopkins which allows him to get away with some of the issues he has. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Watkins101 said:

If I could have either for a game now, the choice for me is clear, Watson. However, which would I rather have for the rest of their careers? That is very hard to choose.

He also kept out number of fumbles- I didnt check, but I believe Josh has more.

Total to’s for each is 13. That’s the only similarities of note from their numbers this year. 

Anyone saying their numbers across the board were similar, this year, quite literally must not have even checked any stats at all. 

Josh Allens arm strength is unmatched by anyone in the history of the NFL and its not even close. It gives Allen the ability to reach distances and at a higher velocity then anything we have ever seen.

A longer learning curve goes with the territory.

We're just scratching the surface...

Edited by Figster
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1