Allen or Watson ( Who would you rather have leading your team Saturday)

Buffalo716

Who would you rather have   

311 members have voted

1. 1. This Saturday: If you had the choice of either QB, who would you want leading your team

• Josh Allen
    • Deshaun Watson

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Huh? He got hurt his first year and lost last year. How many does Allen have? What’s the point of this?  

you guys realize football is a team game.  You don’t think Watson would have benefited playing with the number 3 defense instead of the number 28 one like Houston is ranked?

its cool to love our guy but Watson and Allen are asked to do different things.  It’s like Mahomes last year.  He had the second worst defense in the nfl but he must be a loser because he couldn’t get them to the SB.  

The point is that with a poor supporting cast Watson does poorly.  Allen has a ***** line, and poor pass catchers and mediorce backs. His results are impacted by that. Its not complicated. 

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Huh? He got hurt his first year and lost last year. How many does Allen have? What’s the point of this?  

you guys realize football is a team game.  You don’t think Watson would have benefited playing with the number 3 defense instead of the number 28 one like Houston is ranked?

its cool to love our guy but Watson and Allen are asked to do different things.  It’s like Mahomes last year.  He had the second worst defense in the nfl but he must be a loser because he couldn’t get them to the SB.  

Playing w/a good defense can just as easily depress a QB's stats. Similarly a bad defense can inflate them.

Just now, Chaos said:

The point is that with a poor supporting cast Watson does poorly.  Allen has a ***** line, and poor pass catchers and mediorce backs. His results are impacted by that. Its not complicated. 

Houston had a worst o line. That’s why they traded a 1st for LT.  the bills spent a ton of money on olive help.  Why isn’t it better? So does our GM nit good enough?

again, no other fanbase would even debate this. It’s pretty dumb at this point. Watson was a college legend against Alabama and Allen wasn’t even All MWC. Allen is improving but he a game manager who makes big plays.  Watson is carrying a team with the 28th ranked defense.  

but again, the great thing is it’s not Allen vs Watson.  It’s the Bills vs the Texans.  But no one but bills fans would take Allen over Watson at this point.  

4 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Playing w/a good defense can just as easily depress a QB's stats. Similarly a bad defense can inflate them.

I salute the way Bills fans defend their qb with every excuse and rip down other teams.  Come on, you’re reaching hard.  But I’m bowing out. I just hope the Bills are better than the Texans (and they might be). 

I have been critical of Watson since his days at Clemson. I still believe he improvises and extends too many plays instead of executing it as designed. The Bills have a defense built to take advantage of that. 

Much the same could be said about Allen although he has improved from last year and even as this year has progressed. 

Watson gets picked 2+ times, Allen 0. I’m taking Allen for this one. 

• Like (+1) 1

It's kind of a push for me. Watson, at his best, is one of the greatest in the game and he's further along in his progress. However, even at this point, he's much more inconsistent than Allen (who has been putting up mostly 2 td/0 int games), who has just two fewer 4th quarter comebacks in far fewer games. Watson is one of the few quarterbacks I wanted the Bills to draft in the past few years, but Allen won me over pretty quickly post draft, and based on how he has done in the clutch, I'm giddy to see how he reacts to his first playoffs.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

this year their numbers are very similar are the not?  Yep they are.  I like Watson I wanted him drafted. 

but comparing THIS year because that is all that matters to me. Yep they have very similar numbers. And having the best WR in the game does hide flaws. 

so if you want to be objective like you claim? Those are the realities of this year 

watsons got like 8.5% higher completion percentage, over a yard per attempt better, a full point better in TD percentage, 45 more 1st downs on just 30 more throws. Passer rating is 14 points higher (11th vs 24th ranked) and QBR is 23 points higher (6th vs 25th). Watson threw 3 more picks though. Allen makes up with a few more fumbles. Allen’s got a little more volume rushing but they are relatively similar there per carry.

objectively, I’m not sure you are being objective. We’d all trade for the other guys stat line. That said, Allen’s a little younger, a bit more of a project, and shows promise.

Edited by NoSaint
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

I’d rather have Watson every day all day

i love Josh but let’s not get carried away. Jordan Palmer, Josh’s Parents and some Bills fans are probably the only people who would choose Josh

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 4

Right now, in their careers, Watson is the better QB- no question...but that doesn’t mean that Josh can’t eventually reach his fullest potential...just at the moment Josh is not on the same level...

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Allen.  If I wanted watson leading my team, I’d be a Texans fan ?‍♂️ 

Not necessarily...

Edited by JaCrispy

1 minute ago, SF Bills Fan said:

I chose Allen. The reason being that even though Watson is more polished and the better QB (not glaringly so), Josh Allen is a better leader. There is a big difference. That quality elevates the players around him. 

Not sure how you can say that he’s a better leader?  Allen is a great leader.  I’m happy with him, but I think some people make things up because they want it to be so.  Watson put a team (albeit very talented team) on his back and won championships in college and makes the playoffs almost every year in the nfl.  

im not saying Watson IS the better leader.  I’m saying that we don’t know if Allen is the better leader.  That’s a tough one to quantify considering we’re bills fans and don’t necessarily follow the Texans to the same extent 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

this year their numbers are very similar are the not?  Yep they are.  I like Watson I wanted him drafted. 

but comparing THIS year because that is all that matters to me. Yep they have very similar numbers. And having the best WR in the game does hide flaws. 

so if you want to be objective like you claim? Those are the realities of this year 

I’m not trying to knock Allen here. Love him going forward. But where on earth are you getting your numbers? 

watson has 800 more yds passing.
A rating 13 pts higher. 

a better YPA by a full yard

comp rate a full 9% better 

6 more pass td and 5 more total td. 

their numbers aren’t even close to being similar. It’s not even really debatable. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, wppete said:

My 3 favourite QBs in the NFL in this Order:

1. Josh Allen

2. Deshaun Watson

3. Lamar Jackson

These 3 QBs along with Mahomes are the future of the NFL. All studs!

This.  Loved watson in college and follow him now.  Having said that all the guys who think picking allen is a homer move havent watch enough watson.  Like I said.  Love the guy.  Think hes great but he is severely limited where allen isn't. Watson has same limitations as josh with less arm strength.  

• Like (+1) 2

I'll never understand why some posters are surprised to see that there are a lot of Bills "homers" posting on Two BILLS Drive!  And for the record there's nothing wrong with the folks on this board being Bills homers.  Seems like the natural thing to be.

Next thing we'll see are complaints about all the damn Bills fans at New Era field on Sunday's!

• Haha (+1) 2

I don't consider such things because I'll be rooting for Allen, but COME ON MAN!

At this moment in time, Deshaun Watson is better than Josh Allen. Sorry! 

Having said that, the only thing matters right now is THIS GAME. Track record, pedigree, all that stuff is out the window. Playoff football is all about pressure busting pipes.

• Like (+1) 2