Potential Bills WR scouting heaven in the Citrus Bowl today

78thealltimegreat

1 hour ago, Dr.Sack said:

Having a great punt returner can be huge. Add 2-3 punt return TDs and we could have a division title.

I agree with that but can we name one team anymore that has 3 returns in a season? It just seems ST’s has taken a back seat to player safety. I would like to research this some more my friend.

21 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

You guys should check out Tyler Johnson from Minnesota. Having himself a game. And he’s what we are missing...a bigger bodied receiver than we already have. 

Johnson is my number two guy behind Shenault for the Bills.

As a Bills fan I would be VERY VERY happy if the Bills end up with one of those two after the first round of the 2020 NFL Draft.

Shenault/Johnson, Brown, Beasley and a developing Knox would leave Allen with some nice playmakers at all three levels of the passing game.

• Like (+1) 1

Typically teams overreach to draft wide receivers.  This year will not be an exception, so a couple of the best guys will be gone pretty early.  The good news is that there are several guys that will probably develop into really good players and should be available on day two.  I expect Beane to go after one really good veteran to play on the outside opposite John Brown and draft a guy to develop.  One guy that comes to mind is Breshad Perriman.  He really played well after Evans and Godwin were injured.  Tampa won't be able to afford to sign him.  There are others that will be released in Jacksonville, Rams, and Cincinnati (Green).  Even Amari Cooper could hit the open market if their contract talks continue to go nowhere.  I believe Beane will be looking to draft one of the guys that has some length and speed to go deep.  I don't think another Smurf is in the cards.

3 minutes ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

Typically teams overreach to draft wide receivers.  This year will not be an exception, so a couple of the best guys will be gone pretty early.  The good news is that there are several guys that will probably develop into really good players and should be available on day two.  I expect Beane to go after one really good veteran to play on the outside opposite John Brown and draft a guy to develop.  One guy that comes to mind is Breshad Perriman.  He really played well after Evans and Godwin were injured.  Tampa won't be able to afford to sign him.  There are others that will be released in Jacksonville, Rams, and Cincinnati (Green).  Even Amari Cooper could hit the open market if their contract talks continue to go nowhere.  I believe Beane will be looking to draft one of the guys that has some length and speed to go deep.  I don't think another Smurf is in the cards.

My dream scenario is to draft Tee Higgins and sign AJ Green to a short term deal. Higgins is often compared to Green and who better to learn from?  Sort of like Singletary has learned from Gore. It would be a dream pairing. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, YattaOkasan said:

I don’t have his stats in front of me but from what I saw he looked pretty good. Still pleases as punch with Ed though 

Metcalf was still available when we took Cody Ford, so him instead of Ford is probably the relevant comparison. My take is that short term, Metcalf would have been the better pick. Long term, can't say yet. Ford looks like a keeper, though. 

• Like (+1) 3

33 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Only caught the last 5 mins. How about Najee Harris as that thumper power back? Watching him drag the entire Michigan front 7 down the length of the field was impressive!

I’m a fan.  Would love him in rd 4.  No idea where he’s projected though.  Probably 2-3

1 hour ago, whorlnut said:

My dream scenario is to draft Tee Higgins and sign AJ Green to a short term deal. Higgins is often compared to Green and who better to learn from?  Sort of like Singletary has learned from Gore. It would be a dream pairing. 

Why anyone wants AJ Green after all of his injuries is beyond me. This has been going on all year and hasn’t subsided regardless of the fact that he basically didn’t play. 

Edited by TroutDog

3 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

Why anyone wants AJ Green after all of his injuries And she is beyond me. This has been going on all year and hasn’t subsided regardless of the fact that he basically didn’t play. 

Do you think there is any chance AJ held back because he knew this was a FA year and didn’t want to get seriously injured? Just a question.

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

Having a great punt returner can be huge. Add 2-3 punt return TDs and we could have a division title.

Kick off return man for Wisconsin just had a nice TD return in the Rose Bowl.

I'm going to look up his name later.

3 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Do you think there is any chance AJ held back because he knew this was a FA year and didn’t want to get seriously injured? Just a question.

No it hurt his value by not playing. It’s much more likely that he and his agent knew that if he played it would have had an even worse impact on his next signing. He is toast. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Estro said:

The lesser known of the 3 WR's that play for Alabama really caught my eye this season:

Devonta Smith

Fast, runs good routes, agile, and has great hands.  They say he has the best hands of all the WR's @ Bama.

Jeudy will be drafted long before we pick, but Smith will be a late 1st-2nd round guy, IMO.

Agreed we need to be looking at the big physical WR's that will NOT be drafted for sure before we pick.

THat is what this team is truly missing

Of all the receiver names I've seen, I think I'm most intrigued by Laviska Shenault.  He is used like a Deebo Samuel, but he's about three inches taller at 6'2."  He

s got a muscular build, and one publication predicts he'll run a sub 4.4 40 at the combine.  That is the kind of versatility to make one drool just a bit.  The love child of Deebo Samuel and DK Metcalf?

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I don’t think so as he was hurt most of previous year as well. He is still saying he wants to stay a Bengal but I find it hard to believe. He has been hurt on and off for the last five years...still some great years but doesn’t bode well for the future as he ages. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.