Ed Oliver is the X factor vs Houston

wppete

I am hoping Big ED has a career game on Saturday vs Houston. He is playing at Home for the first time since leaving the University of Houston and will be playing in front of his whole family and friends. He will be amped up like we haven't seen him yet.  If he and Jordan Phillips can create pressure up the middle and get to Watson on a regular basis we have a very good chance winning this game. The Houston Oline has holes and really hope Big ED tears it up in the passing and run game. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

I agree. Good take on playing in front of home town fans. Oliver still looks fresh. Nice job by McD managing his snaps. Just keep Murphy off the field. He never maintains contain. He will run right past Watson and leave the edge wide open. 

Need to see pressure from Frazier.  Need to see a steady diet of 5 man rushes with White man to man on Hopkins most of the game.  In fact if you want to drop in zone, I'd favor just a 3 man rush a few times during the game and drop 8 in zone. Let someone win a one on one while everyone is covered and the defense is looking at the QB.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Tesla03 said:

our dline has a great chance to absolutely dominate the LOS. I really hope McD uses all our exotic packages to try and confuse their oline and we get to Watson early and often. 

Bills will destroy them playing downhill between the tackles.

Not sure need for exotics. save them for the Patriots and or Ravens

No turnovers from the offense ,  

keep Hopkins in front of you.

as always?  Hands up when pass is coming out ( which they do a nice job of already )

4 hours ago, wppete said:

I am hoping Big ED has a career game on Saturday vs Houston. He is playing at Home for the first time since leaving the University of Houston and will be playing in front of his whole family and friends. He will be amped up like we haven't seen him yet.  If he and Jordan Phillips can create pressure up the middle and get to Watson on a regular basis we have a very good chance winning this game. The Houston Oline has holes and really hope Big ED tears it up in the passing and run game. 

The need pressure up the middle,  we cannot let Watson get comfortable in the pocket.  We need hits and sacks to win this game or Watson with the talent he has at WR will eat us up.  If Frazier comes into this game with a soft game plan then the Bills have no chance.  They need to play aggressive and use safety blitzs that force Watson to make quick decisions and create sacks and turnovers.

If the staff and players don’t let the pressure of the moment best them, then Buffalo wins this game.  The Bills are definitely the most complete football team and “Defense travels” & “Defense wins championships” are both sayings for a reason.

I think you are right, Oliver and the DL will make Watson’s life a living hell, forcing him into bad decisions. Bills Win, 26-13.

Edited by Dr.Mantis_Toboggan

5 hours ago, Real McNasty said:

It's time to let the entire D line wreck Havoc. 

Keep Edmunds and Milano close by to hunt down a scrambling Watson when the their O-line falls apart from pressure.

Let get this!

I haven't seen Houston play this year---will they need a spy on Watson----does he scramble---leave the pocket a lot ??

Didn't Tunsil lead the NFL in False Start penalties this year?

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/texans/article/Laremy-Tunsil-s-dubious-distinction-NFL-s-most-14893344.php

https://www.nflpenalties.com/player/l-tunsil-houston-texans?year=2019

Hughes must be salivating at the thought of exposing LT as the weakest link on the Texan's Oline...

• Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, DefenseWins said:

Didn't Tunsil lead the NFL in False Start penalties this year?

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/texans/article/Laremy-Tunsil-s-dubious-distinction-NFL-s-most-14893344.php

https://www.nflpenalties.com/player/l-tunsil-houston-texans?year=2019

Hughes must be salivating at the thought of exposing LT as the weakest link on the Texan's Oline...

he has for the most part not done much against Tunsil while he was in Miami.  It was also after a Miami game that hughes went off post game on the ref will be an interesting battle but not one i think hughes is salivating at

I believe Houston’s O-Line is weaker on the interior. They allowed I believe 44 sacks this season. Not great, not as bad they were in previous years. Tunsil has helped, which is why I agree with the OP that Oliver will be key. If he can get after Watson, it will shift that matchup in our favor. 

16 minutes ago, LB48 said:

I hope Oliver plays great - BUT - why after 20 games would he suddenly play like a super star and dominate a game???  It seems unrealistic.

Because rookies tend to get better the more games they play and he is playing in front of his family? He dominated a game vs Dallas who has a better line than Houston so I don't think it's too unrealistic.