What are your expectations for the game this Saturday

Steptide

On 1/1/2020 at 9:20 AM, DuckyBoys said:

Texans offensive line is a weak spot  especially the right side I expect the D line to be aggressive and be able to get after Watson  Hopefully we can run early and not have the run, run,incomplete drives to start the game .  I imagine Josh will be wound tight at least in the start

We need to get 7-8 yards on those run, runs?  Those 3rd and 8 plus yards are killers.

On 1/1/2020 at 1:41 PM, CardinalScotts said:

24-16 mcd will give Watson trouble if we tackle well and dont allow any special teams tds or big plays i think we win it fairly comfortable.

Josh has to be willing to take off...protect the football

Texans have struggled with scrambling QBs.  McD and Daboll know that.  I hope they've planned accordingly.

We have the D to shut the Texans offense down. Our offense is a wildcard, we have a mobile QB with a cannon with a lot of speed at WR. Knox and Singletary could play huge roles and if they perform in the playoffs Beanie will be viewed as a genius. I personally think the Texans are going to get a case of the Beasles and we win by 2 TD's.

A Bills win (Hopefully) !

I think this is a even match up.

A good/great offense vs  a  good/great defense

An average offense vs a  average defense 

This match up is similar to the Cowboys game.   We can give all the yards, but not the score...and if our offense can come out of the gate hard, we have a chance.

Can Special Teams make a big difference tomorrow.   On Locked on bills Podcast, there was one stats that stood out.  The Texans challenge the opponents to return the ball in both KR and Punting...They have a strong feel for their  blocking teams and are challenging teams to return the ball.  Andre Roberts MIGHT be the most important Bills player tomorrow. 

Edited by ganesh

On 1/1/2020 at 11:20 AM, DuckyBoys said:

Texans offensive line is a weak spot  especially the right side I expect the D line to be aggressive and be able to get after Watson  Hopefully we can run early and not have the run, run,incomplete drives to start the game .  I imagine Josh will be wound tight at least in the start

Give him 2 easy passes to start.  A wr screen.  Swing pass to the back.  A curl or out to a TE.  Get Allen in rythem.  Imo Allen is a rythem passer.  When he finds it look out.

Two keys to the game

1) Josh doesn't play like a playoff rookie and has a solid game

2) We stop Hyde from running all over us ... not worried about passing attack with their OL, Tre covering Hopkins, and Fuller being out.

WHEN these two things happen ... next stop Kansas City!!!

On 1/1/2020 at 4:10 PM, MJS said:

They run on first down only like 54% of the time. Is that so high?

I would be interested to see the split in more specific situations. For example, running on 3 straight plays in fg range after an interception or at first and goal from the 9 is just frustrating.

I say send the receivers to the end zone, let josh make a quick read or two then run to the pylon. It’s just too effective even if the defense knows it’s coming. Instead they run him off tackle with everyone bunched at the line. Or singletary up the middle. It just feels like a waste of a play. 

I expect a win today. Houston secondary not too good and they are down a safety. My only negative thought is that’s what was said before the Eagles game and we know how that turned out. 

33 minutes ago, WideRightRevenge said:

Two keys to the game

1) Josh doesn't play like a playoff rookie and has a solid game

2) We stop Hyde from running all over us ... not worried about passing attack with their OL, Tre covering Hopkins, and Fuller being out.

WHEN these two things happen ... next stop Kansas City!!!

if we win and the titans beat the slumping Patriots, then we will play  KC. However, if the Titans lose and the Bills win, we will go to Baltimore for a re-match