Pooka Williams in 2021

Kirby Jackson

I put it in the Chubba thread but wanted to break it out. I saw him as a freshman or sophomore and thought he was the best HS athlete that I had ever seen. In fact, I wrote that on here about 5 or 6 years ago. He’s not eligible this year but will be a fun player to track for those of you looking for a guy to watch in 2020. He will be a star IMO and I don’t care that he weighs 170 lbs. I’m on record that I will be banging the table for this guy to be on the Bills in 16 months. At any rate, enjoy some highlights from HS and his freshman year. Start salivating now!!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I put it in the Chubba thread but wanted to break it out. I saw him as a freshman or sophomore and thought he was the best HS athlete that I had ever seen. In fact, I wrote that on here about 5 or 6 years ago. He’s not eligible this year but will be a fun player to track for those of you looking for a guy to watch in 2020. He will be a star IMO and I don’t care that he weighs 170 lbs. I’m on record that I will be banging the table for this guy to be on the Bills in 16 months. At any rate, enjoy some highlights from HS and his freshman year. Start salivating now!!

He'd be a nice Darren Sproles type weapon

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He’s Reggie Bush at USC and plays with trash.

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Pooka is a star. 

You mean a college star with  a mediocre pro carrer, especially considering Bush's athleticism and talent. Because Sproles was better as pro than Bush

8 minutes ago, poblano said:

You mean a college star with  a mediocre pro carrer, especially considering Bush's athleticism and talent. Because Sproles was better as pro than Bush

Nope, I mean Pooka will be what Bush should have been. He’s Tyreke Hill as an RB. He’s going to be a star. I’m not taking about a solid NFL player. I’m talking about a guy that’s different.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Nope, I mean Pooka will be what Bush should have been. He’s Tyreke Hill as an RB. He’s going to be a star. I’m not taking about a solid NFL player. I’m talking about a guy that’s different.

I was just asking for yours responses, but this make clear your point

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, poblano said:

I was just asking for yours responses, but this make clear your point

Yeah, I may be wrong but I’m adamant on this one. He just EXPLODES through the hole and in the open field. He only weighs 170 lbs. I just haven’t ever seen anyone like him. I may end up being wrong but I’m not changing my mind. The 1st time I saw him play my mind was made up. 

On 1/1/2020 at 8:05 PM, Kirby Jackson said:

Yeah, I may be wrong but I’m adamant on this one. He just EXPLODES through the hole and in the open field. He only weighs 170 lbs. I just haven’t ever seen anyone like him. I may end up being wrong but I’m not changing my mind. The 1st time I saw him play my mind was made up. 

Sure looks a lot like Noel Divine............who a lot of people in Florida will say was the best HS player they've ever seen.

47 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Sure looks a lot like Noel Divine............who a lot of people in Florida will say was the best HS player they've ever seen.

He really does!! My cousin used to get high with that guy in Ft. Meyers. 

IMO, he’s much better on his feet than Divine but similar explosion. You used to be able to blow on Noel Divine and he went down. Pooka runs through tackles believe it or not. I guess time will tell. I saw some early projections that have him coming out and going late 1st early 2nd. I may be wrong but I’m not changing my mind. 

11 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He really does!! My cousin used to get high with that guy in Ft. Meyers. 

IMO, he’s much better on his feet than Divine but similar explosion. You used to be able to blow on Noel Divine and he went down. Pooka runs through tackles believe it or not. I guess time will tell. I saw some early projections that have him coming out and going late 1st early 2nd. I may be wrong but I’m not changing my mind. 

There is going to be a huge exodus of playmakers from college football in this draft so people who produce may get pushed up the board in 2021-2022.

• Like (+1) 1

Man I was hoping LSU would get him, so much so that I almost showed up at his commitment announcement wearing LSU gear, but LSU didn’t really seem interested until late. I did watch a lot of him at Hahnville, but Almost completely forgot about him at Kansas. Looks like he’s been tearing it up there though.

He's the fastest guy on a filed full of guys who aren't that fast.

Maybe he could make some money as a kick returner in the NFL.  Likely will need that running start.

Sproles is solid ball of muscle.  Could take a hit.  This kid looks like he hasn't been hit much---pretty scrawny.

Fun to watch though.

• Thank you (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/7/2020 at 3:18 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

There is going to be a huge exodus of playmakers from college football in this draft so people who produce may get pushed up the board in 2021-2022.

I think on offense definitely. After a run of drafts where I think defense has been deeper this year is significantly deeper on offense I think.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.