The reason Knox has drop issues

2 minutes ago, HansLanda said:

Well, FWIW, he's had almost as many yards and more TDs (granted he had zero) in his rookie NFL season than in his ENTIRE NCAA career. 

His college and NFL TD total is 2 more than mine!

The problem is that he's not played as a receiver, really, until he got to the NFL.  It shows.

• Like (+1) 2

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/buffalo-bills-team-stats?season=2019&week=0&category=RECEIVING

Ten drops in fifty targets is unacceptable!

Worse yet, easily catchable ball drops. 
Even worse, drive killers.

I don’t care how tough he is or what kind of circus catches he makes, I don’t trust him because he is the opposite of reliable.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/buffalo-bills-team-stats?season=2019&week=0&category=RECEIVING

I don’t care how tough he is or what kind of circus catches he makes, I don’t trust him because he is the opposite of reliable.

He wasn’t used as a receiving option in college and played QB in high school. He also missed time during training camp. Give him another off-season. Year 2 will be a big change for him. He might not be Kittle, Ertz, or Kelce, but he’ll be a valuable receiving tight end. 

34 minutes ago, Doc said:

His problem is he looks to run before he secures the catch.

All receivers run before they catch the ball, that's how most pass patterns are designed. The better ones don't drop the ball though.

I think Knox will turn out to be a good player,  just needs to be more consistent ,which should come with more experience.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

And I mean, this is his ceiling, right?

NO room for improvement! *mad panda*

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

And I mean, this is his ceiling, right?

NO room for improvement! *mad panda*

...unfortunately, you have forgotten where you are....a rook appearing in 15 games with 11 starts fits the "Gospel According To TBD Experts" definition of an NFL career....hence, he's a bust period.....

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...unfortunately, you have forgotten where you are....a rook appearing in 15 games with 11 starts fits the "Gospel According To TBD Experts" definition of an NFL career....hence, he's a bust period.....

.. He's a bust, PERIOD. You forgot the all caps. You can't expect to be taken seriously without them. 

• Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, DRA3196 said:

An offseason with the coaching staff and he will be a very special weapon. Like most of the contributors on this team he is young and needs time and opportunity to develop.

I think we could use that improvement from him in the next 5 weeks. Pretty important next 4 games.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, klos63 said:

All receivers run before they catch the ball, that's how most pass patterns are designed. The better ones don't drop the ball though.

I think Knox will turn out to be a good player,  just needs to be more consistent ,which should come with more experience.

That is a great point! Standing there flatfooted not looking/moving forward is just as bad, amiright?

Gotta catch the ball though!!!

Edited by BUFFALOKIE