Bills offense with WR Duke Williams has been bad

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

The question is why should he play Saturday? Just to try something different? It's not because Josh Allen is better with him on the field.

For the playoffs.

I don't care if he starts or not. I trust the coaching staff to make the right decisions. My point was this:

If you are going to start a thread stating that Williams was the reason for the lack of offensive points, then at least attempt to give some supporting reasons why. Especially if you then challenge everyone to prove you wrong - when you have done nothing to prove yourself right.. 

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, billsfan1959 said:

I don't care if he starts or not. I trust the coaching staff to make the right decisions. My point was this:

If you are going to start a thread stating that Williams was the reason for the lack of offensive points, then at least attempt to give some supporting reasons why. Especially if you then challenge everyone to prove you wrong. 

It could be many reasons why the offense couldn't score and struggled to move the ball when Duke Williams played a significant amount of snaps. I never said it was his fault. I said the offense struggled with him. I'm pretty sure most people that want him to play believe he will help improve the passing game.

The Bills offense has been bad because:

1. Allen who only started 2 yrs at Wyoming (2016-17) and is in his 2nd yr as a Bill is still learning the pro game.

2. Beyond Brown and Beasley none of the other WR have distinguished themselves. Foster seemingly has regressed from last year.

3. While Knox seems to have a lot of natural talent he is still a rookie and like most rookies at this stage of his 1st season is probably worn out. Rookies are not used to playing this many games while in college.

4. Singletary, a rookie like Knox is probably also starting to feel a bit tired though he was out several games early on in the season  which may have helped somewhat. RB's though take a lot more abuse than big body TE's absorb.

5. Gore is essentially a between the tackles RB and is not young anymore. He's gotta be getting tired as well.

6. Hauschka hasn't had a great season either. Is he over his accuracy troubles? Time will tell.

Still let's remember the Bills are in the playoffs for the 2nd time in the last 3 seasons. They have a topnotch Defense and stand a decent chance of beating Houston and advancing in the playoffs. It's helped that they haven't had a ton of serious injuries this season.

This team needs another good draft class that will hopefully provide among other things a young top notch WR who can stretch out opposing defenses and give Allen another reliable target. Stay tuned...

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

It could be many reasons why the offense couldn't score and struggled to move the ball when Duke Williams played a significant amount of snaps. I never said it was his fault. I said the offense struggled with him. I'm pretty sure most people that want him to play believe he will help improve the passing game.

You literally said, "Bills offense scored 14, 9 (Left at the end of the 3rd down 14-9 to Miami with injury), 13, and 6. Let's hear why it wasn't his fault."

Let me try this: Maybe it would have been better if you started a thread just simply asking people to give a reason, based on Williams' play, as to why they think he should play against Houston? Or maybe you could have asked that question in the other Duke Williams threads that exist?

• Like (+1) 1

Of all the receivers, only McKenzie has a better % of per attempt completions. He is tied with Beasely. 
    I think if you put him in Beasely’s roll he has better numbers.

I don’t think DW is the answer but seeing him, Yeldon out of the backfield and Sweeney or Croft over Knox( 10 drops!!!) makes sense if the goal is to complete passes.

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

No I mean Foster.  You’d have to sit him or Mckenzie for Williams.  McKensie does more than Foster.

Foster has proved effectively useless this year. As an aside, when he does get the ball he wusses out right at the point of contact.

I swear McKenzie’s only purpose is the Jet sweep. 

8 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Weasel words to avoid shouldering the burden of proof.  Already admitted to this thread just being "bait".  He knows he can rustle some jimmies just by just by invoking Duke's name and vaguely implying he's bad, then suckering people into circular arguments. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Why activate Robert Foster? Or Isaiah McKenzie? They aren't starters either

We know why Foster plays. Mckenzie is the guy in question. It's a pretty big difference playing Williams vs Mckenzie. Foster is mainly there for a couple deep shots a game. Mckenzie is kind of a gadget player. Williams is a more traditional X WR but I don't know if he's good enough for that role. Should the Bills change what they've been doing to give Duke Williams the opportunity to prove himself?

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

We know why Foster plays. Mckenzie is the guy in question. It's a pretty big difference playing Williams vs Mckenzie. Foster is mainly there for a couple deep shots a game. Mckenzie is kind of a gadget player. Williams is a more traditional X WR but I don't know if he's good enough for that role. Should the Bills change what they've been doing to give Duke Williams the opportunity to prove himself?

I have no problem with playing Duke Williams. I'm not talking about starting him but playing him, yes. Foster has done nothing and we activate him every week. Duke has at least caught a game winning touchdown this season. I mean, our offense hasn't scored more than 17 points 3 straight games before he played on Sunday. How is that any different? The offense isn't worse because he plays

Edited by Buffalo03

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Bills offense scored 14, 9 (Left at the end of the 3rd down 14-9 to Miami with injury), 13, and 6.

Let's hear why it wasn't his fault. Maybe it was Josh Allen's fault? Yeah he had a hundred on 12 targets vs the Jets, but with Barkley. He caught 50% of his targets, not good. 

I'll hang up and listen.

You have made 11 subsequent posts just to bait people into arguments since "hanging up to listen".  Clearly just a troll.  Almost half of the posts in this thread are you just baiting people to respond to your undefined ramblings.

3 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

You have made 11 subsequent posts just to bait people into arguments since "hanging up to listen".  Clearly just a troll.  Almost half of the posts in this thread are you just baiting people to respond to your undefined ramblings.

Maybe. It's really something no one can answer with any type of confidence. So maybe it was a troll thread. Most people are focused on Foster when talking about Williams so I just wanted to get everyone's attention.

Mckenzie has started 8 out of the last 10 games. So if Williams is activated it's likely he'll start opposite Brown. He's not going to be activated to play Foster's role.

42 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

If you are going to start a thread stating that Williams was the reason for the lack of offensive points, then at least attempt to give some supporting reasons why. Especially if you then challenge everyone to prove you wrong - when you have done nothing to prove yourself right.. 

Classic strawman argument where OP tells you to prove something that cannot be proved due to circumstances out of your control then uses the fact you can't to bolster his argument.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

The guy hardly played in his rookie year in the NFL. How was the production of Foster and McKenzie in the games he was inactive?What is your problem with a guy that is over 6ft with good high point receiving skills? He got over a hundred yards against a defense that has been good the second half of the year. Some of you one dimensional personnel gurus get a negative bent on a player and you look to bury the guy. Duke is a highly motivated,  talented player. Let him play on the big stage and he'll make us proud. 

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Bills offense scored 14, 9 (Left at the end of the 3rd down 14-9 to Miami with injury), 13, and 6.

Let's hear why it wasn't his fault. Maybe it was Josh Allen's fault? Yeah he had a hundred on 12 targets vs the Jets, but with Barkley. He caught 50% of his targets, not good. 

I'll hang up and listen.

So you are blaming the lack of scoring in certain games on a seldom used WR, Really! You can't make this stuff up!

• Haha (+1) 1