Bills offense with WR Duke Williams has been bad

Bills offense scored 14, 9 (Left at the end of the 3rd down 14-9 to Miami with injury), 13, and 6.

Let's hear why it wasn't his fault. Maybe it was Josh Allen's fault? Yeah he had a hundred on 12 targets vs the Jets, but with Barkley. He caught 50% of his targets, not good. 

I'll hang up and listen.

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Bills offense scored 14, 9 (Left at the end of the 3rd down 14-9 to Miami with injury), 13, and 6.

Let's hear why it wasn't his fault. Maybe it was Josh Allen's fault? Yeah he had a hundred on 12 targets vs the Jets, but with Barkley. He caught 50% of his targets, not good. 

I'll hang up and listen.

Put it in English that makes sense and I’ll give it a shot

• Haha (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Read slowly. Bills offense was bad when Duke Williams gets a significant amount of snaps. How do you explain this?

Bills offense was bad in general many games. Williams played very few games and the last one didn't count as they were backups versus starters. 

The sample size is nowhere near big enough to jump to the conclusion you did. If you were a researcher presenting this topic for peer review you would be getting laughed out of the building.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Bills offense was bad in general many games. Williams played very few games and the last one didn't count as they were backups versus starters. 

The sample size is nowhere near big enough to jump to the conclusion you did. If you were a researcher presenting this topic for peer review you would be getting laughed out of the building.

Offense has been worse with him. Coaches took him off the active roster. People are trying to say he should go from deactivated to a major part of the offense. I think we both get laughed out of building.

One thing I've learned about message boards is when there is no counter argument people turn on thread starter. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

41 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I'll hang up and listen.

This post didn't make any sense to me until I saw that you listed your location, under your avatar, as "Elementary School". Now I understand...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

This post didn't make any sense to me until I saw that you listed your location, under your avatar, as "Elementary School". Now I understand...

Why doesn’t it make sense? I've got one guy saying the sample size is too small, but probably wants to start the guy in the 1st round of the playoffs. That doesn't make sense.

22 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

This.  But I also don’t think he’s on the field Sunday.  They’ll go with what got them to the dance.  If I were Duke I’d figure out how to play special teams.

Edited by oldmanfan
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Offense has been worse with him. Coaches took him off the active roster. People are trying to say he should go from deactivated to a major part of the offense. I think we both get laughed out of building.

One thing I've learned about message boards is when there is no counter argument people turn on thread starter. 

Literally his counter argument was he has played in very few games and the last one should be nullified because it was backups vs starters. And people generally turn on the thread starter when the thread starter makes overly generalized proclamations. 

1 minute ago, BruceVilanch said:

Literally his counter argument was he has played in very few games and the last one should be nullified because it was backups vs starters. And people generally turn on the thread starter when the thread starter makes overly generalized proclamations. 

Think about what you're saying carefully. Why should Duke Williams start opposite John Brown in the 1st round of the playoffs then?

People took the bait.

Sometime ya just can’t rinse the willful ignorance out...

Go Bills!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Why doesn’t it make sense? I've got one guy saying the sample size is too small, but probably wants to start the guy in the 1st round of the playoffs. That doesn't make sense.

Because it is a ridiculous premise. You simply listed the points scored for the games Williams played in and then stated he is the reason the offense didn't score more points - with no supporting facts - and then told the rest of us to prove why it wasn't...

....when you made no attempt to prove why it was.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Because it is a ridiculous premise. You simply listed the points scored for the games Williams played in and then stated he is the reason the offense didn't score more points - with no supporting facts - and then told the rest of us to prove why it wasn't...

....when you made no attempt to prove why it was.

The question is why should he play Saturday? Just to try something different? It's not because Josh Allen is better with him on the field.

Just now, oldmanfan said:

For the last game?  Because they sat two of their starters.

For the playoffs.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

The question is why should he play Saturday? Just to try something different? It's not because Josh Allen is better with him on the field.

For the playoffs.

You don’t know if he’ll be on the active roster Saturday.

When you have too small a sample size you can’t prove something either way.

10 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Yet the sample size is big enough to start him in the playoffs?

I don't think people are saying to start him in the playoffs but people would like him to play. I don't think our offensive struggles have had anything to do with him