Vikings sign Bills PS DE Eddie Yarbrough

MAJBobby

Kinda don’t like that they lost him but if he has to go to a contender and gets to contribute, good luck to him. I hope that he does well for the Vikings. Would have been cool, if they traded him for Chad Beebe. Yes, I’m aware that the trade deadline has passed.

Edited by Speedy Beebe

18 minutes ago, egd said:

Thanks for the info. I would appreciate it if you would post the actual link, and not an amp link, in the future, in order to give your posts more credibility.

Don’t worry I won’t help you out with links anymore 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hogshaven.com/platform/amp/2019/5/11/18536423/salary-cap-nuggets-no-5-how-do-nfl-players-get-paid-for-the-post-season-and-the-pro-bowl

Players get paid outside of their regular season salaries, none of which will count on the salary cap. They get paid for participation in both Preseason and Postseason games, [and, those players who get selected] get paid for the Pro Bowl, even if they...don’t already have an incentive already built in.

According to Article 37 (Postseason Pay), players who are on the active, inactive or placed on the injured reserve list may qualify to receive payments for games in which their team participates in the postseason (playoffs).

The postseason has four games: wild card game, divisional playoff game, conference championship, and the Super Bowl. Depending on which round a team is able to advance through, qualified players may earn a maximum of $210,000 for winning the Super Bowl in 2016.

If a team has a first-round bye, qualified players will not receive payment.

Thanks for this, an i may be missing it , does it say anything in there about guys signed off another teams practice squad? If signed in regular season, they are guaranteed 3 game checks at whatever the new team is offering, so 3/17ths of annual salary. Wonder if he is guaranteed 3 weeks salary with this move.

It may be there but i just dont see it, and more curious than anything else

I think he gets the most out of limited ability.  Good for him.  Between Yarbrough and Mike Love, the two defensive ends on the PS I think Love has greater upside.  Yarbrough was signed, I think, because he has more of a track record in the pros.   I wonder if Buffalo will try to replace him on the PS.

Edited by TigerJ

3 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Thanks for this, an i may be missing it , does it say anything in there about guys signed off another teams practice squad? If signed in regular season, they are guaranteed 3 game checks at whatever the new team is offering, so 3/17ths of annual salary. Wonder if he is guaranteed 3 weeks salary with this move.

It may be there but i just dont see it, and more curious than anything else

that I am not sure as the Playoff money is free Cap Free Money so not sure they guarantee the 3 games because at that point season over. 

Eddie just got some karma helping saying goodbye to a Bills fan (when I heard the name I as thinking of the player Damien Covington with the big hands who was good on kick defense team for Buffalo who died in an armed robbery.

https://www.wkbw.com/sports/buffalo-bills/fan-who-was-granted-final-wish-of-speaking-to-the-buffalo-bills-dies

‘That’s when defensive end Eddie Yarborough and offensive tackle Dion Dawkins, fulfilled his final wish by speaking to Covington and his family and friends via FaceTime.’