Vikings sign Bills PS DE Eddie Yarbrough

MAJBobby

Just now, Chandler#81 said:

This brings up a question. Can we pilfer off PS players from teams out of the playoffs?

If they haven’t signed them to their futures contract they are still UFAs and free game (from my understanding) 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

If they haven’t signed them to their futures contract they are still UFAs and free game (from my understanding) 

And don't these futures contracts happen at some fixed date, like the start of the NFL year, March 1 or so?

2 minutes ago, Poleshifter said:

And don't these futures contracts happen at some fixed date, like the start of the NFL year, March 1 or so?

Jets signed all their PS players to futures today.

after some research. I do think you can still poach them as technically they are not contracts until the new NFL year. So they are still technically UFAs at this point for Playoff teams 

Edited by MAJBobby

2 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Wonder how the pay works? Players get 17 checks, they already paid in full. Any one know?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hogshaven.com/platform/amp/2019/5/11/18536423/salary-cap-nuggets-no-5-how-do-nfl-players-get-paid-for-the-post-season-and-the-pro-bowl

Players get paid outside of their regular season salaries, none of which will count on the salary cap. They get paid for participation in both Preseason and Postseason games, [and, those players who get selected] get paid for the Pro Bowl, even if they...don’t already have an incentive already built in.

According to Article 37 (Postseason Pay), players who are on the active, inactive or placed on the injured reserve list may qualify to receive payments for games in which their team participates in the postseason (playoffs).

The postseason has four games: wild card game, divisional playoff game, conference championship, and the Super Bowl. Depending on which round a team is able to advance through, qualified players may earn a maximum of $210,000 for winning the Super Bowl in 2016.

If a team has a first-round bye, qualified players will not receive payment.

Edited by MAJBobby

10 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hogshaven.com/platform/amp/2019/5/11/18536423/salary-cap-nuggets-no-5-how-do-nfl-players-get-paid-for-the-post-season-and-the-pro-bowl

Players get paid outside of their regular season salaries, none of which will count on the salary cap. They get paid for participation in both Preseason and Postseason games, [and, those players who get selected] get paid for the Pro Bowl, even if they...don’t already have an incentive already built in.

According to Article 37 (Postseason Pay), players who are on the active, inactive or placed on the injured reserve list may qualify to receive payments for games in which their team participates in the postseason (playoffs).

The postseason has four games: wild card game, divisional playoff game, conference championship, and the Super Bowl. Depending on which round a team is able to advance through, qualified players may earn a maximum of $210,000 for winning the Super Bowl in 2016.

If a team has a first-round bye, qualified players will not receive payment.

Thanks for the info. I would appreciate it if you would post the actual link, and not an amp link, in the future, in order to give your posts more credibility.

• Haha (+1) 1

Curious if their GM called Beane for his insight before the transaction.

This FO has a different feel about them & I wouldn't be surprised, given that it was out-of-conference, if Beane/McDermott put in a good word for him.