How does St. Doug Still Have a Job? Who does he have nude photos of?

Virgil

1 hour ago, apuszczalowski said:

Cue the tantrums from the ex girlfriend Bills fans who care so much about seeing him miserable and fail and can't get over him. They just can't let him go.....

There's plenty of discussion about other coaches.

Doug Marrone is just not a good coach and deserves to be fired. He's not a good offensive coordinator or offensive line coach either.

Edited by MJS

28 minutes ago, Real McNasty said:

Change of ownership that would have benefited him? Pegulas were gonna let him stay. He flat walked out on the team to become a OL coach for the Jags. 

He thought he was walking out to be the Jets HC, but, yeah that didn't work out. 

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

The Jags had a lockerroom full of players that hated Tom Coughlin with every fiber of their being. They quit on the team and the organization, and in some cases forced their way off the roster. Coughlin was clearly the probelm, not Doug Marrone. 

For some reason, whenever a franchise fails, fans assume that every person that touched that failure are themselves failure too.  That is super myopic and, frankly, dumb. 

Doug is the coach. He has a record of 22 wins, 28 losses in Jacksonville. One winning season out of three. Despite his offensive background, his offenses always suck. Despite his offensive line background, his lines always suck.

What makes you or anyone else think that he is a good coach? He inherited an elite defense and rode them to a 10 win season and then after that everything unraveled.

What exactly does Marrone bring to the table? Is he is good leader? No. Is he smart? No (he cant even get out coherent sentences have the time). Is he a good offensive or defensive coach? No. Do players like playing for him? No.

I don't quite know how he became an NFL head coach...

• Like (+1) 2

Douggie was a good coach in a tough spot. He had a clause in his contract that paid him good money if there was an ownership change. He and Whaley weren't seeing eye to eye at the time because Whaley was trying to shove EJ Manuel down his throat. He had overachieved the year before and he wanted out before Whaley and EJ ruined his career..

Can you really blame him for not wanting to hitch his wagon to EJ Manuel and Doug Whaley?

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

The Jags had a lockerroom full of players that hated Tom Coughlin with every fiber of their being. They quit on the team and the organization, and in some cases forced their way off the roster. Coughlin was clearly the probelm, not Doug Marrone. 

For some reason, whenever a franchise fails, fans assume that every person that touched that failure are themselves failure too.  That is super myopic and, frankly, dumb. 

...fair assessment...thought da Fuhrer mellowed a bit with NYG....but went back to his old habits.....read an article that said Khan fired him because he was set to retire at the end of the year, wanting to upstage him so he didn't go out on his own terms......maybe the Czar has Gettleman on speed dial.......

Cue the tantrums from the ex girlfriend Bills fans who care so much about seeing him miserable and fail and can't get over him. They just can't let him go.....

No tantrums, Doug has kind of grown on me.  I think he’s learned from what happened in Buffalo.   

But I don’t think it’s a good decision to retain him.  He has shown that he’s an average coach but what he’s done the past 2 seasons is not impressive.  If I were a Jags fan, I would be super pissed, but oh well - not my team.

Almost like in 2008 when Ralph announced he was retaining Dick Jauron.  That was worse but still disgusting. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, TuelTime said:

Douggie was a good coach in a tough spot. He had a clause in his contract that paid him good money if there was an ownership change. He and Whaley weren't seeing eye to eye at the time because Whaley was trying to shove EJ Manuel down his throat. He had overachieved the year before and he wanted out before Whaley and EJ ruined his career..

Can you really blame him for not wanting to hitch his wagon to EJ Manuel and Doug Whaley?

No and he also had to deal with the a non-football guy who had no idea of that side of the NFL (Russ Brandon) sharing his input into football decisions.  It was a bad situation, working with a bad GM and team president.  

Still Doug could have handled this differently and I think even he would admit it

Call me naive as I usually try to assume the best intentions in people.  But his apology to the Jaguars fan base for the last few disappointing seasons seemed heart felt.  I guess ownership gave him one more year or done kind of thing.

And let’s be honest getting to the AFC title game got him 3 years in Jax.  Even if the Bills stunk this year Sean probably still would’ve have gotten 1 more year for breaking the drought 

Edited by Another Fan

People around here have an unhealthy hatred for him and are just jilted lovers who can't get over not being the ones to get the upper hand and break up with him first......

It's like you and your unreasonable hatred of common sense for having left you first

You've got a problem, man.

16 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

No tantrums, Doug has kind of grown on me.  I think he’s learned from what happened in Buffalo.   

But I don’t think it’s a good decision to retain him.  He has shown that he’s an average coach but what he’s done the past 2 seasons is not impressive.  If I were a Jags fan, I would be super pissed, but oh well - not my team.

Almost like in 2008 when Ralph announced he was retaining Dick Jauron.  That was worse but still disgusting. 

If you were a Jags fan, you’d remember going 14-48 under Bradley and say life with St Doug ain’t all that bad.

29 minutes ago, MJS said:

Doug is the coach. He has a record of 22 wins, 28 losses in Jacksonville. One winning season out of three. Despite his offensive background, his offenses always suck. Despite his offensive line background, his lines always suck.

What makes you or anyone else think that he is a good coach? He inherited an elite defense and rode them to a 10 win season and then after that everything unraveled.

What exactly does Marrone bring to the table? Is he is good leader? No. Is he smart? No (he cant even get out coherent sentences have the time). Is he a good offensive or defensive coach? No. Do players like playing for him? No.

I don't quite know how he became an NFL head coach...

Yeah, coaching is complex. If you define a coach simply by looking at his background and then looking at that position group, you are doing it wrong. The question is how is he as a manager and guiding the team towards wins. Marrone has shown he can do that. At this point, the Jags decision has more to do with continuity than anything else. Coughlin seemed to be the primary source of the locker room problems, which were in turn the reason the team failed. This will be Marrones do or die season.