Dolphins hire Chan Gailey as OC

FluffHead

Chan and fitz, the two best friends that anyone could have! 

@TomPelissero: Blast from the past: Chan Gailey is coming out of retirement to become the #Dolphins’ offensive coordinator, sources tell me and @RapSheet.

Edited by FluffHead
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, FluffHead said:

Chan and fitz, the two best friends that anyone could have! 

@TomPelissero: Blast from the past: Chan Gailey is coming out of retirement to become the #Dolphins’ offensive coordinator, sources tell me and @RapSheet.

Aye, bands back together again. 

love it

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, aristocrat said:

why?

Chan was good with the offensive side of the ball, he just wasn't a good head coach. If they get a couple more playmakers and fix that OL I would expect them to take a nice 2nd year step forward under Flores. 

• Like (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Chan's retirements never last long. Retired after fired by KC as OC. Retired again after fired by the Bills as HC. Retired again after fired by the Jets as OC.

Nice guy. And his spread style offenses are ironically a better fit in the NFL now than they were 10 years ago. Nobody knows Fitz like Chan.

• Like (+1) 16

6 minutes ago, H2o said:

Chan was good with the offensive side of the ball, he just wasn't a good head coach. If they get a couple more playmakers and fix that OL I would expect them to take a nice 2nd year step forward under Flores. 

Definitely a better OC than a HC.  This move seems to say they are all in on Fitz for next season at least.    

Most likely draft a QB and wouldn't be surprised if Rosen if given his outright release.  No need to have him and the new guy slugging it out.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, davefan66 said:

Definitely a better OC than a HC.  This move seems to say they are all in on Fitz for next season at least.    

Most likely draft a QB and wouldn't be surprised if Rosen if given his outright release.  No need to have him and the new guy slugging it out.

I think it will depend on what they see through the offseason program with Rosen. I also believe that Gailey will have some input into that. He's still a relatively cheap option for a backup on a rookie deal and I think the Dolphins may be trying to hold out one more year, maybe even moving around some picks this coming year to acquire assets for 2021, so they can go after Trevor Lawrence. 

8 minutes ago, H2o said:

I think it will depend on what they see through the offseason program with Rosen. I also believe that Gailey will have some input into that. He's still a relatively cheap option for a backup on a rookie deal and I think the Dolphins may be trying to hold out one more year, maybe even moving around some picks this coming year to acquire assets for 2021, so they can go after Trevor Lawrence. 

I agree that ditching a high round pick like Rosen may be shortsighted, but he has shown pretty much nothing on the field.

If they draft a high round QB this year, that competition could ruin the new guy. 

1 minute ago, JMF2006 said:

Looks like Fitzmagic is pencilled in for starter....again.

He goes to every team as BU QB then wins the starting job gets a contract then falls on his beard ;)

He started the season as the starter and was awful...became the backup...replaced the starter and all of the sudden he is good again as soon as the Fitzpatrick Cycle was restored. 

• Haha (+1) 4