Bills at Texans: Predict the Score

Magox

Pete Prisco's 2020 NFL Wild-Card Playoffs odds, picks: Eagles handle Seahawks, Bills upset Texans

Buffalo Bills (+3) at Houston Texans

Saturday, 4:35 p.m. ET (ESPN/ABC)

The Bills have been one of the surprise teams this season, but they have the defense to back up being in this spot. Deshaun Watson will challenge them in a big way, but I think they will be up for it. Josh Allen will be playing his first playoff game, but the Texans defense has major issues lately – even if J.J. Watt is back. Look for Allen to play well and the Bills to move on behind the defense. Upset special. 

Pick: Bills 20, Texans 17

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/pete-priscos-2020-nfl-wild-card-playoffs-odds-picks-eagles-handle-seahawks-bills-upset-texans/

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/30/2019 at 10:12 PM, Augie said:

No 300 yard passing game expected. Winning on the ground will be critical, and the D and ST have been saving up their points to score for a while now! Balanced offensive attack, let our D be OUR D!   

This. bills want change nothing now we should no this by now. We will make them play a smash mouth football game that they’re not use too. There D is soft and we need to punch them in the mouth on defense and slow the game down and run right down there throat that’s how we win that’s who we are. If we’re passing for over 300 yards we’re playing there game 

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/30/2019 at 11:05 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

I just hope they go out and play to win.

They aren't good enough to beat playoff teams otherwise.

Their 1st quarter offense has been PATHETIC all year and while McD may be comfortable punting the first 5 times his team he has the ball.........the defense he has built works better when the opponent falls behind and feels compelled to abandon the run.

Play it more like Thanksgiving in Dallas and not like the entire last month when their scoring offense was the worst in the NFL.

If they play it like Baltimore/Pittsburgh/New England games then I expect that the storyline will be about how embarrassing/disgusting the offense was and how not opening up the offense more in December games was a mistake. 

Nothing else to say. Right on here 

30 minutes ago, 97bills said:

This. bills want change nothing now we should no this by now. We will make them play a smash mouth football game that they’re not use too. There D is soft and we need to punch them in the mouth on defense and slow the game down and run right down there throat that’s how we win that’s who we are. If we’re passing for over 300 yards we’re playing there game 

Singletary for MVP! 

Isn’t it time to get some points from the D and/or ST? That could be the difference. Ask New England. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2

I'm gonna double down on Stampede's prediction 24-16 Texans, but if the Bills can get pressure and White shadows DeAndre all day, that could easily change. I can see this game going either way. The real question for Buffalo is which QB shows up? Will it be good Josh that beat Dallas or bad Josh who can't handle pressure. I expect the Texans to do all they can to pressure him.

26-23 Bills. I actually think the AFC games are going to be close that could go either way. As for the NFC I can't see the Vikings winning at NO. I think the Seahawks will beat the Eagles.

Pats 30-24. NE won't go to the SB but they won't go away quietly either. The Pats at NE (playoff time) I think they survive for one more week.

Saints 31-17.

Seahawks 24-14.

Edited by Greg S

9 hours ago, Locomark said:

Wacky prediction ....shootout... 31-30 Bills 

ONE team  - Philly scored 31 points.  The Pats*** and Ravens only scored 24. The Dolphins scored 20, 21 and the Bills scored 37 and 31.  

All other teams have scored less than 20 points. 

Wacky is right 

11 hours ago, Augie said:

Isn’t it time to get some points from the D and/or ST?

I've been thinking this as well.  It is pretty unlucky that a defense this good hasn't gotten a pick-6 or fumble return, and I feel like Andre has been close to breaking one over the 2nd half of the season.

I can't repeat enough how much I want the Bills to come out and be the aggressor on both sides of the ball Saturday.

2 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

ONE team  - Philly scored 31 points.  The Pats*** and Ravens only scored 24. The Dolphins scored 20, 21 and the Bills scored 37 and 31.  

Wacky is right 

Texans have some firepower. They scored 28 on the Patriots. They scored 53 on the Falcons. They have the offensive capabilities to hang points on any team. They just don't seem to be very consistent.

But I agree with you. I don't see the Texans OR the Bills scoring 30 or more points. It'll probably be another low scoring slug fest.

• Like (+1) 1

Bills at Texans

MDS’s take: Deshaun Watson will be the difference in this game. The Bills have a good defense and an offense that can control the ball, and because of that I see them keeping it close for most of the day. But in the end, Watson will make some big plays that put the Texans over the top and send them on to the divisional round.

MDS’s pick: Texans 27, Bills 20.

Florio’s take: Deshaun Watson has playoff experience. Josh Allen doesn’t. Although the Bills arguably have the more talented team, Watson will use last year’s loss to help him understand what he needs to do to avoid falling to 0-2 at in the postseason, with both losses at home.

Florio’s pick: Texans 20, Bills 17.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/01/02/pfts-wild-card-picks-9/

Edited by Golden*Wheels

4 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Wacky is right 

It was actually a dream I had and wasn’t  based on anything logical. 

• Like (+1) 1