Bills at Texans: Predict the Score

Magox

Bills win17-10.  On a side note:  here it is 9:15AM on Friday, and ESPN is all Cowboys.  Bills do not exist.  Hope they don't name a Cowboys coach later tonight since it will pre-empt all Sat pre-game coverage.  Geez!!

12 hours ago, krf139 said:

Allen throws 2 picks and fumbles

Roberts breaks off a long punt return

JJ Watt is a non-factor

The refs make a couple big calls against us

We have a hard time stopping the run

Our DL can't get to Watson, and his scrambling ability turns into big plays that determine the outcome of the game

We don't score a TD, but kick 3 FG

The game isn't close in the 4th quarter - I get to leave early to beat traffic

Why are you even going then?

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, krf139 said:

Allen throws 2 picks and fumbles

Roberts breaks off a long punt return

JJ Watt is a non-factor

The refs make a couple big calls against us

We have a hard time stopping the run

Our DL can't get to Watson, and his scrambling ability turns into big plays that determine the outcome of the game

We don't score a TD, but kick 3 FG

The game isn't close in the 4th quarter - I get to leave early to beat traffic

There's a kind of perverse psychosis akin to masochism that enjoys this sort of thing.

The other side of the same coin are the trolls who are always willing to entertain fetishes of that nature.

53 minutes ago, krf139 said:

Rooting for the Bills of course, but just being realistic.

The Texans have made a habit of losing wildcard Saturday. They're not one of the NFL darlings that routinely get calls. They have a porous defense. Josh Allen has faced a string of tough defenses. The Texans are not that. They are a team that can play well, but also is mercurial and throws out the occasional clunker. They lost big to the Broncos, for example. Especially if Fuller is out or unable to contribute beyond a decoy, which will become evident fairly quickly, they are not an offensive juggernaut. On balance, the Bills are probably the more talented team and they are better coached. It's not implausible that Buffalo wins. The Texans could also win, but a blowout Houston victory is not the most likely scenario and so it is not at all "just being realistic" to subscribe to that narrative.

19 hours ago, corta765 said:

538 should've stopped predicting anything after they whiffed on the 2016 election

Actually they didn't ... sort of.  They do not take electoral college into consideration.  Trump lost the popular vote.

In any event the Bills have been so healthy all season 538 has great data on them.  But as they say, "any given Sunday",  or Saturday ;)

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Who said:

The Texans have made a habit of losing wildcard Saturday. They're not one of the NFL darlings that routinely get calls. They have a porous defense. Josh Allen has faced a string of tough defenses. The Texans are not that. They are a team that can play well, but also is mercurial and throws out the occasional clunker. They lost big to the Broncos, for example. Especially if Fuller is out or unable to contribute beyond a decoy, which will become evident fairly quickly, they are not an offensive juggernaut. On balance, the Bills are probably the more talented team and they are better coached. It's not implausible that Buffalo wins. The Texans could also win, but a blowout Houston victory is not the most likely scenario and so it is not at all "just being realistic" to subscribe to that narrative.

I would argue that they’re due for a big playoff performance.  They beat NE and KC.  Let’s not kid ourselves.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, krf139 said:

Rooting for the Bills of course, but just being realistic.

Ya, I don't think so.  How many games have the Bills not been close in down to the wire in their FIVE losses this year?  You think you will be able to leave by the 4th quarter and make it sound like a blessing.  Yeah that's rooting for the team and being realistic.

Edited by Scott7975

3 hours ago, krf139 said:

I would argue that they’re due for a big playoff performance.  They beat NE and KC.  Let’s not kid ourselves.

There is no such thing as being “due” in this context at all. A total non issue. A Bills win would not be a true upset. I read your post about leaving the stadium early when the Bills get clobbered. Sounds like emotional self protection to me. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mojo44 said:

There is no such thing as being “due” in this context at all. A total non issue. A Bills win would not be a true upset. I read your post about leaving the stadium early when the Bills get clobbered. Sounds like emotional self protection to me. 

Don’t say it’s not possible. What happened vs Philly this year? Or against NO on Year 1 of McDermont? It’s absolutely possible with the explosive offense they’re playing