Bills at Texans: Predict the Score

Magox

1 hour ago, Golden*Wheels said:

Bills at Texans

MDS’s take: Deshaun Watson will be the difference in this game. The Bills have a good defense and an offense that can control the ball, and because of that I see them keeping it close for most of the day. But in the end, Watson will make some big plays that put the Texans over the top and send them on to the divisional round.

MDS’s pick: Texans 27, Bills 20.

Florio’s take: Deshaun Watson has playoff experience. Josh Allen doesn’t. Although the Bills arguably have the more talented team, Watson will use last year’s loss to help him understand what he needs to do to avoid falling to 0-2 at in the postseason, with both losses at home.

Florio’s pick: Texans 20, Bills 17.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/01/02/pfts-wild-card-picks-9/

Meh.  They are just too chicken to not pick the favorite here.

Bills 24

Texans 19

Houston comes out and scores on their first drive to make it 7-0 thanks to a Watson QB keeper. But the nervous Buffalo faithful calm when Allen matches with a Bills TD with a pitch to McKenzie tying the game 7-7. In the 2nd quarter Hyde picks off Watson and Beasley takes a 10 yard pass on 3rd down to put Buffalo up 14-7 at half. The Bills get the ball and actually do something with it in the 3rd quarter getting a FG after Allen hits J. Brown for 30 yards deep to go up 17-7. Watson moves the ball twice downfield but the Bills defense hold both times allowing FG's to make it 17-13 at the end of the 3rd quarter. At the start of the 4th Allen and crew get past mid field when Singletary breaks a 39 yard run for a TD putting Buffalo up 24-13. Each team trades three and outs before the Texans go downfield and Watson throws a TD to Hopkins in the redzone. Houston goes for two so they are only down by a FG with 4 minutes to go but the Bills hold. Buffalo runs the clock pretty much out and the Texans last ditch effort to win fails late at mid field.

Allen 213 yds 19-30 2 TDs 40 yds rush

Singletary 118 yds 1 TD 16 carries

Brown 96 yds 4 recs

5 hours ago, CodeMonkey said:

fivethirtyeight says:

image.png.adfe1da219b118e6348348bbb6362430.png

538 should've stopped predicting anything after they whiffed on the 2016 election

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I played my son at Madden earlier. Bills v Texans. Game ended 14-7 Texans. 

We picked Watson twice but couldn’t do anything on offense. Zay Jones dropped at least 5 passes. 

So taking into account Jones won’t be playing I’m going to say 24-14 Bills. 

• Haha (+1) 4

On 12/30/2019 at 11:19 PM, transplantbillsfan said:

Exactly.

Just don't think it happens.

If Allen throws for a lot of yards, it clearly means we're playing from behind A LOT!!! Unfortunately, that's just the conservative nature of our coaching staff. It's worked so far... let's hope it continues in the playoffs. :thumbsup:

I do, however, think it would pretty amazing for Allen to have that type of breakout game on a national stage on the road in his first career playoff game.

....or he hit a few deep ones- I like that scenario better ?

Allen throws 2 picks and fumbles

Roberts breaks off a long punt return

JJ Watt is a non-factor

The refs make a couple big calls against us

We have a hard time stopping the run

Our DL can't get to Watson, and his scrambling ability turns into big plays that determine the outcome of the game

We don't score a TD, but kick 3 FG

The game isn't close in the 4th quarter - I get to leave early to beat traffic

Edited by krf139
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, krf139 said:

Allen throws 2 picks and fumbles

Roberts breaks off a long punt return

JJ Watt is a non-factor

The refs make a couple big calls against us

We have a hard time stopping the run

Our DL can't get to Watson, and his scrambling ability turns into big plays that determine the outcome of the game

We don't score a TD, but kick 3 FG

The game isn't close in the 4th quarter - I get to leave early to beat traffic

Why bother going?

No, really, if you're THIS miserable about our chances, why do you spend the money on the trip and ticket?

I'll never understand people.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Assuming Fuller is out, the pass defense does its job and the majority of us feel surprisingly/pleasantly confident in not letting Hopkins beat us.Texans play great against teams that don't have a great pass rush, too, and we play better cohesively than having players that can single-handedly generate pressure, so that's a little bit of a concern as well for a QB as gifted as Watson. Hyde/Johnson are a good tandem and whether or not they can get into a rhythm early on will be important for them sustaining drives, especially since we sometimes have fits defending screens and the occasional runs up the gut. 

Which JA shows up? If it's the one that can barely complete 50% of his passes against tougher opposition, kiss this game goodbye. If we can sustain drives and turn 3's into 7's, it's easily a winnable game. From what I've seen, heard, and read, the Texans defense is awful (around 400 YPG which is bottom 5) and their short/intermediate passing game should be very exploitable. Big games needed from 10, 88, and 26 along with 19 and 16 keeping them on their toes. 

I think the lack of experience and star power of the Texans gives them the slight edge, and even though I think the Bills are in a good spot they usually do better whenever I downplay them around everyone else. 

First team to crack 20 wins; 23-20 Texans