This team needs to put all of their best weapons on the field and go for the jugular

5 hours ago, Steptide said:

I'd sit foster for williams absolutely. Mckenzie isnt great, but he runs those jet sweeps which are pretty effective. I'd like to see yeldon active. He seems to be open on the screens (at least this past week) and those can kill a defense. 

McKenzie has 16 first downs on 35 offensive touches this year. He absolutely plays an important role on this offense. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

Yeldon is a talent but is a turnover risk.   He will not see the field Saturday.   That guy can single handedly lose you a playoff game with his propensity to fumble.  He fumbles every 40-50 touches, defenses know it, and he is due.   Gore is solid.   Go with the solid guy.  

Go play playoff football on the road and work to get out of there with a win.   Do not open it up and turn it over 2-3 times in the process.  Sure fire way to lose a road playoff game. 

Yeldon has a total of six (6) fumbles for his entire career in the NFL. 

Ya need to rethink your notions on this. 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

McKenzie has 16 first downs on 35 offensive touches this year. He absolutely plays an important role on this offense. 

Yes, I agree with you, but I'd argue that he still isn't great. However, I'll still take Duke over foster 100%

13 hours ago, Steptide said:

I'd sit foster for williams absolutely. Mckenzie isnt great, but he runs those jet sweeps which are pretty effective. I'd like to see yeldon active. He seems to be open on the screens (at least this past week) and those can kill a defense. 

Both guys have to be active and used. It's do or die and these 2 offer offensive plays we've rarely used this year.

13 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

Gore: 45 fumbles on 4016 touches = a fumble every 89 touches.

How Yeldon is deemed a proven fumbler over Gore escapes me.

Yeldon averages 5 yds per touch, Gore 4.7. Yeldon could help too.

Recency bias.  Fans see preseason only.  I've been guilty of it also

I agree that I'd like to see Duke dress over Foster. I'll take a little hit on special teams for more potency on offense.

Knox and Kroft will get the majority of any TE targets, so playing Sweeney probably doesn't help much. Smith hasn't had a penalty in a while and is a very good blocker. So...

I wouldn't mind seeing Yeldon get more touches, but if you don't dress Gore, who is your short yardage, power back. I'm not saying that Gore has consistently succeeded in that role, but can Yeldon be that guy? I'm not sure. And most of what Yeldon does, Singletary can do. So, as long as Singletary stays healthy, there wouldn't be that many touches for Yeldon. 

13 hours ago, Steptide said:

Exactly, for a guy who catches 40-50 balls a year @ 9yds a pop, we have drastically underused him in the passing game where we could use it most. 

These types of plays move the chains and open up some one on one coverage on deeper routes.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, folz said:

I agree that I'd like to see Duke dress over Foster. I'll take a little hit on special teams for more potency on offense.

Knox and Kroft will get the majority of any TE targets, so playing Sweeney probably doesn't help much. Smith hasn't had a penalty in a while and is a very good blocker. So...

I wouldn't mind seeing Yeldon get more touches, but if you don't dress Gore, who is your short yardage, power back. I'm not saying that Gore has consistently succeeded in that role, but can Yeldon be that guy? I'm not sure. And most of what Yeldon does, Singletary can do. So, as long as Singletary stays healthy, there wouldn't be that many touches for Yeldon. 

play all three and sit Perry Or sit Roberts and let someone else handle PR's  I'd dress three rbs you can count on regardless

17 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

Yeldon is a talent but is a turnover risk.   He will not see the field Saturday.   That guy can single handedly lose you a playoff game with his propensity to fumble.  He fumbles every 40-50 touches, defenses know it, and he is due.   Gore is solid.   Go with the solid guy.  

Go play playoff football on the road and work to get out of there with a win.   Do not open it up and turn it over 2-3 times in the process.  Sure fire way to lose a road playoff game. 

Or, more accurately, Yeldon fumbles once every 111 touch compared to Gore's once per 89 touches.