This team needs to put all of their best weapons on the field and go for the jugular

This team lacks fire power and scoring, its time to cut bait and unleash our best players. Put them all on the field and let’s go. Put Singletary, Yeldon, Knox, Sweeney, Smoke Brown, Beasley and Duke Williams out there in different combinations and let’s start scoring some points.  That is some serious fire power and weapons if you put them on the dam field and unleash them. Stop f-ing around and playing chicken ***** conservative offensive football. I’m tired of scoring 17 points. Let’s take some chances put the best guys on the field and let’s start using all of our weapons. Play a fast pace style of football. Let’s start dictating and using all our weapons. I’m tired of playing 1970’s football. 

Edited by oldschoolfootball1963
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

You really think Sweeney is a top talent ?

They play plenty of five wide no huddle.

I agree they should sit Foster or McKenzie for Williams.

I would also play Yeldon over Perry and Gore but it’s not going to happen. If it’s any other player, Gore would have been cut weeks ago.

Bills win this game with ball control and keeping Watson contained.

2 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I would also play Yeldon over Perry and Gore but it’s not going to happen. If it’s any other player, Gore would have been cut weeks ago.

Yeldon is a talent but is a turnover risk.   He will not see the field Saturday.   That guy can single handedly lose you a playoff game with his propensity to fumble.  He fumbles every 40-50 touches, defenses know it, and he is due.   Gore is solid.   Go with the solid guy.  

Go play playoff football on the road and work to get out of there with a win.   Do not open it up and turn it over 2-3 times in the process.  Sure fire way to lose a road playoff game. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, oldschoolfootball1963 said:

This team lacks fire power and scoring, its time to cut bait and unleash our best players. Put them all on the field and let’s go. Put Singletary, Yeldon, Knox, Sweeney, Smoke Brown, Beasley and Duke Williams out there in different combinations and let’s start scoring some points.  That is some serious fire power and weapons if you put them on the dam field and unleash them. Stop f-ing around and playing chicken ***** conservative offensive football. I’m tired of scoring 17 points. Let’s take some chances put the best guys on the field and let’s start using all of our weapons. Play a fast pace style of football. Let’s start dictating and using all our weapons. I’m tired of playing 1970’s football. 

The bolded part is wrong. Virtually every playoff team has a better running back, a better tight end, and at least one better WR than the names on your list.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, I am the egg man said:

T.J. Yeldon stats including all his fumbles rushing and recieving:

RUSHING
Year Team G Att Att/G Yds Avg Yds/G TD Lng 1st 1st% 20+ 40+ FUM
2019 Buffalo Bills 6 17 2.8 63 3.7 10.5 0 12 5 29.4 0 0 1

2018 Jacksonville Jaguars 14 104 7.4 414 4.0 29.6 1 20 16 15.4 1 0 1

2017 Jacksonville Jaguars 10 49 4.9 253 5.2 25.3 2 58T 7 14.3 2 1 2

2016 Jacksonville Jaguars 15 130 8.7 465 3.6 31.0 1 16 21 16.2 0 0 2

2015 Jacksonville Jaguars 12 182 15.2 740 4.1 61.7 2 45 25 13.7 4 1 0

TOTAL 57 482 8.5 1,935 4.0 33.9 6 58 74 15.4 7 2 6

RECEIVING
Year Team G Rec Yds Avg Yds/G Lng TD 20+ 40+ 1st FUM
2019 Buffalo Bills 6 13 124 9.5 20.7 23 0 1 0 6 0

2018 Jacksonville Jaguars 14 55 487 8.9 34.8 37 4 4 0 21 0

2017 Jacksonville Jaguars 10 30 224 7.5 22.4 20 0 1 0 14 0

2016 Jacksonville Jaguars 15 50 312 6.2 20.8 17 1 0 0 16 0

2015 Jacksonville Jaguars 12 36 279 7.8 23.2 67 1 3 1 14 0

TOTAL 57 184 1,426 7.8 25.0 67 6 9 1 71 0. 

...nice work.........6 fumbles over 5 years on 666 touches?.....thought we were talkin' Tiki Barber type fumbleitis.........

Daniel Wolf-BR

"From 2000 to the 2003 season, Giants running back, Tiki Barber had similar problems with fumbles; he totaled 35 fumbles in those four seasons."

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Yeldon 6 fumbles on 666 touches = a fumble every 111 touches.

Gore: 45 fumbles on 4016 touches = a fumble every 89 touches.

How Yeldon is deemed a proven fumbler over Gore escapes me.

Yeldon averages 5 yds per touch, Gore 4.7. Yeldon could help too.

Edited by I am the egg man
  • Like (+1) 3

58 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

Yeldon is a talent but is a turnover risk.   He will not see the field Saturday.   That guy can single handedly lose you a playoff game with his propensity to fumble.  He fumbles every 40-50 touches, defenses know it, and he is due.   Gore is solid.   Go with the solid guy.  

Go play playoff football on the road and work to get out of there with a win.   Do not open it up and turn it over 2-3 times in the process.  Sure fire way to lose a road playoff game. 

Although I do not agree that Yeldon is some kind of fumbling machine on the field - check out his stats, he is not a high frequency fumbler - I petty much agree with the rest of this post. We have had our best season in 20 years by playing great defense & playing conservatively on offense. I cannot imagine a good reason to break with what has worked for us so far this year. The team is not an explosive offense for a reason - this team is still being built, especially on the offensive side of the ball. Hopefully we can grow into a more explosive offense with another off season of building the roster. Moving a couple of practice squad guys to the active roster will not transform this offense in the 1991 Buffalo Bills offense. Concentrate on what we do well & execute it well -- that is the way to approach a playoff game. Reinventing the offense is an exercise for the off season, but is a potential recipe for disaster entering a playoff game .       

• Like (+1) 1

The point is to put the most offensive skill players on the field. Spread the other team out and let Josh go to work. When you know going in your going to win almost every game if you score 24 points. I don't care about lee smith, Foster or our full back. Are problem is scoring points let’s make it hard for the other team to cover all of our best skilled offensive players. That’s not really a hard concept. I’m surprised ? you guys don’t get that. 

1 hour ago, ProcessTruster said:

simply not true.  why make up a stat that you don't know?

Yeldon should only be used to spell Singletary in a limited number of snaps in passing situations. I don't see the need to make him anything more than a backup piece. I don't hate him as a backup receiving back but let's not get carried away with this. The Bills shuffling around Duke and the other backups are marginal moves that might not make a lot of a difference. This game is going to come down to how well Brown, Beasley, Knox, and Singletary perform in the passing game and how they can get the ground game going with Singletary. 

6 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

If you're considering Dimarco and Lee Smith, yes!! I don't want to hear about special teams, they suck anyways!! Put playmakers on the field

11 hours ago, oldschoolfootball1963 said:

6 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Sweeney compared to "dressed every week" Smith is much more of an offensive threat. Like old school said, I want my best offensive weapons available.  Not worthless players like Lee Smith, Patrick DiMarco, Robert Foster or Perry. If you want to score 16 and curl up in conservative fetal position than feel free to play the 4 above.

3 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...nice work.........6 fumbles over 5 years on 666 touches?.....thought we were talkin' Tiki Barber type fumbleitis.........

Daniel Wolf-BR

"From 2000 to the 2003 season, Giants running back, Tiki Barber had similar problems with fumbles; he totaled 35 fumbles in those four seasons."

I agree with this. I am not sure where this narrative of ball security has generated from but it is very inaccurate. The guy fumbled one time earlier in the year and now all of sudden he's prone to fumbling? 

While we're at it, I'm going to go ahead and fabricate my own stat and say that JA completion percentage is 74.3% over his career, fits my narrative that he will be a sure fire 1st ballot HOF and an elite QB...?

• Like (+1) 1

Yeldon doesn’t even have to touch the ball to change quite a bit in the game. You can literally line him up back there and fake a screen his way (oh crap we can’t do screens) and actually throw it to Knox on the other side and the defense will bite like crazy on it. 

I don’t care what they do for the most part. I would of liked to see Sweeney more this year. The difference in blocking between him and smith can’t be that far off especially when you factor in smiths penalties. 

Our top 3 are still the top 3 and if they get locked down more than likely we lose regardless. 

But I would love to see more formations. Don’t totally care what they run but dang something different. 

Yeldon in the backfield is an auto pass for opposing defenses. IF we could run screens or even the wonderful jet sweep I would expect success. 

Duke yes I said DUKE on one side with smoke Beasley and Knox on the other should create mismatches. 

Houston has obviously watched our tape. We’ve been running the same stuff all year. Rarely have we sustained success running it. 
( that’s on everyone from coaches coordinators allll the way down to DiMarco) 

But change things up. Even if we’re running the same plays just out of new formations Houston would be caught totally off guard. 
Come on daboll you’re coaching for the Cleveland job this weekend pretend like you really really want it. 

• Like (+1) 1