Browns interview Brian Daboll for HC; have interest in pairing with Bills Asst. GM Joe Schoen

YoloinOhio

The Browns have requested an interview with Colts assistant GM Ed Dodds to fill their GM spot, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported Saturday, per a source informed of the situation.

As the Browns continue the search for their newest head coach, they interviewed eight potential hires, including 49ers defensive coordinator Robert Saleh. Saleh is said to be interested in Dodds, among other potential GMs, to be paired with, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported.

Just now, Scott7975 said:

The Browns have requested an interview with Colts assistant GM Ed Dodds to fill their GM spot, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported Saturday, per a source informed of the situation.

As the Browns continue the search for their newest head coach, they interviewed eight potential hires, including 49ers defensive coordinator Robert Saleh. Saleh is said to be interested in Dodds, among other potential GMs, to be paired with, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported.

People are starting to follow the Bill's model it looks like. Get your coach and have him recommend the GM he would like to work with.

• Like (+1) 2

It seems like the browns are all over the place in their coaching + GM search.

I just hope they pilfer another team. I’ll be pissed if they mess with what we have going, only to fire Schoen and Daboll in a year or two (which seems like a pretty realistic possibility). 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Whkfc said:

People are starting to follow the Bill's model it looks like. Get your coach and have him recommend the GM he would like to work with.

I still kinda hate this model.  It gives the coach way too much power.  And time and time again, besides like Belichick, coaches with too much power often fail. 

3 minutes ago, Tcali said:

its so hard to judge bills' o coordinators...they seem like crap when having to deal with our qbs . then we run them outta town & they go to other teams and look like geniuses

Well the good news is Daboll has been like crap his whole career. Super smart guy I’m sure but the results say he is a bad OC.  I hope they hire him. Get a creative young mind. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Well the good news is Daboll has been like crap his whole career. Super smart guy I’m sure but the results say he is a bad OC.  I hope they hire him. Get a creative young mind. 

thats a good point.

50 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Many of those plays are run-pass options Josh has chosen pass.  Or were you in huddle and we did not see you?

I was. I'm much smaller than those dudes, so I can see how you misses me.

My retort would be, how do you know many of those plays were run-pass options. Were you in the huddle also, I didn't see you in there? If you were, we should've went and got a drink afterwards.?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

I was. I'm much smaller than those dudes, so I can see how you misses me.

My retort would be, how do you know many of those plays were run-pass options. Were you in the huddle also, I didn't see you in there? If you were, we should've went and got a drink afterwards.?

They are run-pass options because the Bills have said so.  Now maybe they brought in an OC because they needed experience in lying but I take them at their word because lying is more useful if you do not use it that often and this does not seem to be a high value case.

Oh if you were small you must be a WR since Bills signed smurfs since their blue skins and white outfits go well with Bills' colors.

19 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

They are run-pass options because the Bills have said so.  Now maybe they brought in an OC because they needed experience in lying but I take them at their word because lying is more useful if you do not use it that often and this does not seem to be a high value case.

Oh if you were small you must be a WR since Bills signed smurfs since their blue skins and white outfits go well with Bills' colors.

Let's say you're correct in the scenario you gave and Josh was given the option of run-pass, but passed on almost every single play for the last 34+ minutes. Don't you think Duh!boll and McDermott would've gave him an earful and told him to run the damn ball? Again they never trailed until there was less than 5 minutes to go in the game. No handoffs on the 9 play drive in OT.

They have a history with McDermott of running too much with a lead in the second half. That's something no one can dispute.

7 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

They have a history with McDermott of running too much with a lead in the second half. That's something no one can dispute.

I do not dispute this but with changes they made (a lot more of players a lot of posters dislike) it is clear that they were attacking something they saw with scouting of Texans.

It is funny and tragic how Bills have been slow start and hot 4th quarter team and in this case it was the opposite - the Bills had not adjustments to make DURING HALFTIME and the Texans made one hell of an adjustment. 

Maybe their head coach learned something from his former head coach on spying and locker room should have been checked. :devil:

I called Daboll coming after Schoen 

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Why would losing Brian Gaine again be considered to fall in our favor?

What about all the conditions McDaniel is reputed to demand?

I could be wrong, I often am....but for better or worse I think we see Daboll next season.

I hope that right now Daboll, McDermott, and Frazier are sitting in a film room and the others are giving him unvarnished feedback about instances where his play calling appears to confuse our team more than the opponent, and from a defensive POV, just why that is.

losing Gaine again would be the much better option over losing Schoen or Morgan 

6 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

yup.  reported yesterday in the other Daboll/Browns thread.  he's not a finalist.

Was Pettine a finalist this point?

I'm not worried.  Once McDaniels leaves them at the altar and a few others bow out they'll have to take who they can get, ie Daboll.

52 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Stefanski then? Or Stefanski vs Saleh?

maybe they’re battling for the Browns job today. Winner gets the job. Or wait, maybe it should be loser gets the job. Seems more appropriate. ?

Edited by BillsFan4