Browns interview Brian Daboll for HC; have interest in pairing with Bills Asst. GM Joe Schoen

YoloinOhio

30 minutes ago, The Senator said:

Daboll's play calling and game management puzzle and frustrate me at least half the time.

Mike Leach would have made a great OC for Josh Allen, but Mississippi State just eliminated that possibility.

You're generationally consistent with your desire for Leach.

33 minutes ago, wppete said:

Oh snap.

This kind of tweet indicates something. What? I'm not sure.

16 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

You're generationally consistent with your desire for Leach.

Oh snap.

This kind of tweet indicates something. What? I'm not sure.

Don't think it means anything.  That site also has "5 things to know about " other coaching candidates too.

What's Funny is Browns fans that are actually hating on the Daboll chance site the Offenses he has had, specially with them and how the players hated him.  But love McDaniels with no second thought of his Denver HC Stint.

Fact is Daboll was OC for them 10 years ago.

He also is very respected by players here (maybe he learned how to treat players in 10 years)

Also he would be a 1st time HC similar to McD, one would easily assume he would do what McD did as well, hire experienced OCs and DCs

They are not hiring him to be OC they would be hiring him to be HC and Change Culture, out of all the candidates he would be leaving an Organization and HC that did JUST that here, you would think he picked up some pointers.

They are very shot sighted over there in Cleveland

4 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I think it is gonna be Stefanski. 

It would be cool to watch McDaniels fail to get the Browns' job after he spent the last couple of years spurning other people. 

First they must call and tell him he has the job.  Then let him tell the Pats he is out, let him fly to Cleveland for a contract signing, and let him walk in on the signing of another HC instead.  That would be kind of the equivalent. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I think it is gonna be Stefanski. 

It would be cool to watch McDaniels fail to get the Browns' job after he spent the last couple of years spurning other people. 

A 37 year old white guy with one years experience as a coordinator.  Stephen. A will love that hire.

• Haha (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Lining up Demarco or Smith wide helps identify the coverage for his young raw QB. If a LB goes with one of them, its probably man coverage. if not, its probably a zone

How is that not setting up Josh to succeed? 

I wont try to defend running Gore so much. That probably comes from the HC more than the OC IMO

So you think lining Smith & DiMarco up as your 2 wideouts and having them both run deep routes is a good idea? The only other option on the play was Singletary who was covered short. 

Some people are killing Josh for the pass to DiMarco on this play, but with 2 slow guys, who were running deep & double covered on the play, Singletary was blanketed short and the Texans had a spy on Josh, what was he to do. For the record the pass was on the money to DiMarco, who jumped way too soon for the pass.

This play is the perfect example of Duhboll out smarting himself, rather than his opponent. He has some good calls also, but way too many of these for my liking. Smith, DiMarco, Kroft & Gore should've rarely, if ever, seen the field. I would've rather run Singletary till he puked and had Knox & Sweeney play every down for the TE position. DiMarco is worthless on this team, in this offense.

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

What's Funny is Browns fans that are actually hating on the Daboll chance site the Offenses he has had, specially with them and how the players hated him.  But love McDaniels with no second thought of his Denver HC Stint.

Also concerning with the Denver HC stint would be the OC stint in St Louis for McDaniel.

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Fact is Daboll was OC for them 10 years ago.

He also is very respected by players here (maybe he learned how to treat players in 10 years)

Also he would be a 1st time HC similar to McD, one would easily assume he would do what McD did as well, hire experienced OCs and DCs

They are not hiring him to be OC they would be hiring him to be HC and Change Culture, out of all the candidates he would be leaving an Organization and HC that did JUST that here, you would think he picked up some pointers.

The whole thing in Cleveland is just weird.  Who's going to be the GM again?  Is it functionally DePodesta, out in Cali somewhere?

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Also concerning with the Denver HC stint would be the OC stint in St Louis for McDaniel.

The whole thing in Cleveland is just weird.  Who's going to be the GM again?  Is it functionally DePodesta, out in Cali somewhere?

I think they want to set it up like we did here, hire the HC and bring the GM in after that he could work with.  This is slightly concerning because if it is Daboll I would fully expect him to Raid our FO staff. Which could mean one of these could be gone

Joe Schoen (Ouch)

Malik Boyd

Dan Morgan (ouch)

Brian Gaine (again)

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I think they want to set it up like we did here, hire the HC and bring the GM in after that he could work with.  This is slightly concerning because if it is Daboll I would fully expect him to Raid our FO staff. Which could mean one of these could be gone

Joe Schoen (Ouch)

Malik Boyd

Dan Morgan (ouch)

Brian Gaine (again)

Whether it be Daboll or McDaniels I’d have to think Caserio is the guy in Cleveland (assuming he’s given the power). He’s from there and has ties to both guys. Makes too much sense.

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

Whether it be Daboll or McDaniels I’d have to think Caserio is the guy in Cleveland (assuming he’s given the power). He’s from there and has ties to both guys. Makes too much sense.

Yeah Caserio would be in play with Daboll too.  so if it is Daboll I hope it is Caserio, 

Don't take our OC and Schoen or Morgan

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Dave Ziegler (if McDaniels) 

Edited by YoloinOhio