Browns interview Brian Daboll for HC; have interest in pairing with Bills Asst. GM Joe Schoen

YoloinOhio

Just now, TheFunPolice said:

Depodestas list:

Stefanski

Stefanski

Stefanski

Has to be weird going to an interview and suggesting that a member of the committee be fired as McDaniels will likely do

There are people insisting Stefanski is the guy and McDaniels needs to blow them away today to change that. The issue is depodesta is a lame duck and no one knows who is making decisions 

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

There are people insisting Stefanski is the guy and McDaniels needs to blow them away today to change that. The issue is depodesta is a lame duck and no one knows who is making decisions 

I'll head that way now and pose as a homeless person to tell Haslam to sign Daboll.

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It’s McDaniels’ job to accept or deny.  Will come down to whether he gets what he wants regarding the organizational structure.  If he’s going home to coach the Browns, it’ll be on his terms.  He is going to succeed or fail doing things his way.  Or he heads back to NE. 

6 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

What are you basing that on?  Seems like it’s all conjecture on your part 

Just connecting dots. McDaniels' wife being there = him being the favorite IMO. Stefanski being the choice last year = probably being the fallback. And I just don't think Cleveland can live with the optics of it if they hire Daboll, who failed as an OC in Cleveland and also looks like Kitchens.

1 minute ago, DCOrange said:

Just connecting dots. McDaniels' wife being there = him being the favorite IMO. Stefanski being the choice last year = probably being the fallback. And I just don't think Cleveland can live with the optics of it if they hire Daboll, who failed as an OC in Cleveland and also looks like Kitchens.

This is what I never understood about the browns interviewing daboll, he failed miserably there and the fans were happy to see him go

It would be a very browns thing to do

14 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Roman is JAC without a QB that can run. Roman would have no Jackson or Kaepernick   

in Cleveland.

I will keep my fingers crossed that Daboll doesn't get it and returns for a third year.

While you make some valid points he also did it with Alex smith who can run, but not like the guys you mentioned. In 2011 they went 13-3 and smith didn’t run much at all. 
Our buddy Gore ran quite a bit.  
It’s not all about the quarterback, helps they can run but it’s all misdirection and Baker isn’t exactly a statue he can run when needed 

I think we can do better than Daboll at OC, but I also want Josh to focus on other things this off season that he needs to improve on, rather than working on learning a new offense. I think our offense can get better just with better execution.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Why, why, why would McDaniels ghost the Colts just to take a job with the Browns 2 years later?

I get ownership in Indy isnt great, but it's better than Cleveland. He still had Luck there at the time... I thought he was promised to be the heir apparent in New England and would stay until he got the job...

This is very confusing. Great for us to have the Pats lose more staff. But still very confusing.

14 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

This is what I never understood about the browns interviewing daboll, he failed miserably there and the fans were happy to see him go

It would be a very browns thing to do

I think he's a legitimately good candidate, but the optics just won't be good with Cleveland in particular.

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Why, why, why would McDaniels ghost the Colts just to take a job with the Browns 2 years later?

I get ownership in Indy isnt great, but it's better than Cleveland. He still had Luck there at the time... I thought he was promised to be the heir apparent in New England and would stay until he got the job...

This is very confusing. Great for us to have the Pats lose more staff. But still very confusing.

The window was still open in NE and he makes 4 mill/he there as an OC. Now the window is starting to shut and Cleveland is his hometown team. There is pull there from that standpoint that wasn’t there with Indy. His family is in NE Ohio and from what I understand, so is his wife’s. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

It’s McDaniels’ job to accept or deny.  Will come down to whether he gets what he wants regarding the organizational structure.  If he’s going home to coach the Browns, it’ll be on his terms.  He is going to succeed or fail doing things his way.  Or he heads back to NE. 

If the Browns do hire McDaniels, how does that effect Brady's decision to look for a new team? 

22 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Depodestas list:

Stefanski

Stefanski

Stefanski

Has to be weird going to an interview and suggesting that a member of the committee be fired as McDaniels will likely do

Add Daboll to that.

DePodesta - Stefanski and Daboll

Haslams - McDaniels

Just now, Bferra13 said:

I still think McDaniels has much better options if he stays put. Career killer job that Browns hc vacancy. We will see though.

He is only going to get ONE more shot at HC in the NFL.  He has to be very smart where he picks

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

He is only going to get ONE more shot at HC in the NFL.  He has to be very smart where he picks

I wonder if Josh McDaniels is BB's successor in NE?  Not sure how much longer Belichick wants to stay as coach.  I can also see him moving up to a FO role soon.