Browns interview Brian Daboll for HC; have interest in pairing with Bills Asst. GM Joe Schoen

YoloinOhio

41 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Weak sauce, Hindsight.  Yes, other teams have professionals on the other side of the ball.  It's the job of the OC to set his players up for success in beating them.

As @SDS points out, Daboll is a very smart and very hardworking professional.  Therefore it remains a puzzlement why he feels lining up DiMarco and Smith out wide, or repeatedly trying to run Gore, is the best way to position our players for success in beating them.

Quite possibly so, but Daboll's "fine" OC qualities have to date failed to reveal themselves in a number of opportunities. 

Lining up Demarco or Smith wide helps identify the coverage for his young raw QB. If a LB goes with one of them, its probably man coverage. if not, its probably a zone

How is that not setting up Josh to succeed? 

I wont try to defend running Gore so much. That probably comes from the HC more than the OC IMO

Edited by Captain Hindsight

1 hour ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Other teams have professionals on the other side of the ball.

Daboll is a fine OC. If/When JA throws for for 30TDs next year everyone is going to call him a genius 

And Allen doesn’t, everyone will just blame Daboll for it.

12 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Sounds like a story there.  Maybe the same 'ol same 'ol one.

But he clearly spends some time with the kids

Back when he was TE coach of the Pats his daughter and mine were on the same soccer team.  He came in to Buffalo from NE to spend time with her and see her play when he could.

When in Cleveland I got to know the Special Teams Coach (at the time) and his family a little bit.  He worked a lot but pretty much spent all of his free time with his wife and kids.

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Like (+1) 1

How is it the Browns haven't hired someone yet?  Giants, Skins, Panthers wasted no time.  Knew who they wanted and got them (even the Giants moved quick when Tepper stole their man).  Are they getting turned down (like the year they went to Pettine as their 5th choice)?

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

How is it the Browns haven't hired someone yet?  Giants, Skins, Panthers wasted no time.  Knew who they wanted and got them (even the Giants moved quick when Tepper stole their man).  Are they getting turned down (like the year they went to Pettine as their 5th choice)?

They are trying to meet with everyone but I think McDaniels is their first choice per reports so they scheduled him last. I’ll be surprised if the hire isn’t announced today or tomorrow 

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Being last they can now take their time.

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

They are trying to meet with everyone but I think McDaniels is their first choice per reports so they scheduled him last. I’ll be surprised if the hire isn’t announced today or tomorrow 

Think he would take that job/  I'm saying yes.

Just now, SWATeam said:

Being last they can now take their time.

They've been taking their time all along.  Everyone else got their people.