Browns interview Brian Daboll for HC; have interest in pairing with Bills Asst. GM Joe Schoen

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Whats wrong with you, if you can't read and understand what I was saying then take a class in sarcasm.

Sorry, I don't do sarcasm well.  Even in person.  ?

I hope that doesn't mean there is something wrong with me. ?

Where can I sign up for said class?

Edited by reddogblitz

33 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Even if he's not, there ARE women out there still who want to be stay at homes.

So, yeah.

Mine wants to be a stay at Home Grandma , and going to execute just that shortly.
I like Daboll I liked Roman

I byched about both.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Even if he's not, there ARE women out there still who want to be stay at homes.

So, yeah.

Current social arrangements and mores are always enlightened and retro views are ethically tainted, because schools, Hollywood, twitter, etc.

The groupthink of reputed iconoclasts seems ironic and funny to me, but it will be explained that dissent is only moral when it implicitly agrees with the consensus

of the correct folks and institutions.

1 hour ago, MJS said:

He's in his mid 40's. Chances are many of his kids are teenagers or older. Teenagers don't want to hang out with their parents anyway.

He's 44.

At the risk of sounding like a crazed stalker, based on a Christmas card, he's got an age range of kids.  I think his eldest son is a student (Sophomore?  Junior?)  at Alabama (he's got a Twitter and is obviously Daboll's son, he refers to "5 rings for Dad") and his youngest is a toddler.

While you're right overall that teens would rather hang with their friends, my experience as a parent is that the young teens were the most challenging AND the most time consuming years to parent. 

10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He's 44.

At the risk of sounding like a crazed stalker, based on a Christmas card, he's got an age range of kids.  I think his eldest son is a student (Sophomore?  Junior?)  at Alabama (he's got a Twitter and is obviously Daboll's son, he refers to "5 rings for Dad") and his youngest is a toddler.

While you're right overall that teens would rather hang with their friends, my experience as a parent is that the young teens were the most challenging AND the most time consuming years to parent. 

He got remarried and has little ones. The teens are from previous marriage. New wife also a buffalonian btw

Edited by YoloinOhio

7 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

I think it's both but primarily the former.  13 carries for out best guy who was getting 5 yards per on Saturday was not an execution thing.  We saw this in other games too like the Eagles for example.    Josh Allen already has 2 full season but still had trouble running it.  The other guys had full mini camps, training camps, and 16 games. 

Rex Roman's offense was waaaaaaaay ahead in only 1 season much less the second one where we averages 24.7 per game.

Even with better talent I'm not so sure he can get much better results.

I think we can/should do better than Daboll.

If we had that offense this season we would be SB contenders

Tyrod-shady-Watkins-Woods-Goodwin 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

I think it's both but primarily the former.  13 carries for out best guy who was getting 5 yards per on Saturday was not an execution thing.  We saw this in other games too like the Eagles for example.    Josh Allen already has 2 full season but still had trouble running it.  The other guys had full mini camps, training camps, and 16 games. 

Rex Roman's offense was waaaaaaaay ahead in only 1 season much less the second one where we averages 24.7 per game.

Even with better talent I'm not so sure he can get much better results.

I think we can/should do better than Daboll.

:thumbsup:

Its clear that Daboll has been outclassed all season and it will be even more evident next year with better offensive talent. This season barley beating the bad teams and getting punked by teams we should have beaten, Browns, Patriots at least once and even the Ravens. Daboll was out coached by now unemployed Freddie Kitchens. 

Watching NFL network show how the Vikings OC kevin Stefanski drew up a game plan that the 13-3 Saints at New Orleans who just weren't ready for them and it all works off that play action power zone run scheme that is basically unstoppable with Dalvin Cook at RB. 

https://whodatdish.com/2020/01/03/new-orleans-saints-breaking-down-vikings/

Bills OC Brian Daboll is calling plays like he has an elite six year seasoned veteran QB and he doesn't! Perhaps in another fours years those plays might work if everyone on offense executes them perfectly. Still, calling for that many passes when the team already had a 16 point lead was mind boggling. Daboll doesn't have a young Peyton Manning behind center as he has a raw kid from Wyoming.

Had Daboll worked the run game like he did against the Cowboys, Steelers against the Texans in the second half the Bills would in all probability playing in Kansas this weekend.  

Did I happen to mention that my favorite game to watch this last weekend was the Titans pounding the ball against the Patriots in New England. That Patriots loss took some of the pain away from the Bills loss. Knowing that the Bills record of four straight super bowls will stand. 

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

A person I work with has friend thats 3rd cousin removed (not sure removed for what) knows someone over seas that cousin twice removed (the deuce) knows a fortune teller in Zamboni and she said her Quiji Board, Taro Cards and magic 8 ball (she won a billiards tourney) have all aligned with the North Star indicating the Browns are dumb enough to hire Daboll.

...There ya have it, sounds over and we need a new OC

Sounds Legit!

I for one hope they keep the current band together.  Dabol is fine.

Please please get another DK Metcalf from the Metcalf football tree, and also go into each game with 3 good RBs dressed, that you can use at any time, for any purpose.  Gore as the off tackle, 1 yard, cloud of turf nuggets guy is not a good NFL tactic.  They all need to catch passes, potentially run all 3 downs, and stick their nose in there for pass blocking.

• Like (+1) 2

15 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

He doesnt need a safe space....you need to get with the now

So Beast is a millionare?  Thats GREAT happy for him

I don't know what the Bills paid him, but Daboll earned a reported $1.2M/yr as OC at 'Bama

I wouldn't expect him to have taken a pay cut to move to the BIlls

15 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Well, when you have million$, your wife can afford to be a stay at home mom.

There's that. So maybe NOT out of touch.

She can, and maybe she wants to, but kids still need time and attention from their Dads. 

IMHO, but without wishing to open a can of worms bunch of sociology research and the old Harry Chapin song support that.

14 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

Current social arrangements and mores are always enlightened and retro views are ethically tainted, because schools, Hollywood, twitter, etc.

The groupthink of reputed iconoclasts seems ironic and funny to me, but it will be explained that dissent is only moral when it implicitly agrees with the consensus

I have no idea what this means, but it sounds *perfect* for PPP.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 1/8/2020 at 10:14 PM, SDS said:

I know it’s a fan’s prerogative to assume everyone else is a moron and they alone possess the intellectual horsepower to observe the obvious...

but Daboll is a University of Rochester grad. He’s not a window licking dummy. I can assure you he’s well aware of the various simple observations/complaints so many have expressed here. Whatever he has done, he did for a rationale reason (whether it worked or not) - not because he is intellectually incapable of seeing Singletary good - Gore bad. 

There's no question in my mind that Daboll is a very very very smart man who works extremely hard.

Which begs the question why he would repeatedly call plays that repeatedly don't have the needed result.

14 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

My cats breath smells like cat food.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

There's no question in my mind that Daboll is a very very very smart man who works extremely hard.

Which begs the question why he would repeatedly call plays that repeatedly don't have the needed result.

Other teams have professionals on the other side of the ball.

Daboll is a fine OC. If/When JA throws for for 30TDs next year everyone is going to call him a genius 

43 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Other teams have professionals on the other side of the ball.

Weak sauce, Hindsight.  Yes, other teams have professionals on the other side of the ball.  It's the job of the OC to set his players up for success in beating them.

As @SDS points out, Daboll is a very smart and very hardworking professional.  Therefore it remains a puzzlement why he feels lining up DiMarco and Smith out wide, or repeatedly trying to run Gore, is the best way to position our players for success in beating them.

43 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Daboll is a fine OC. If/When JA throws for for 30TDs next year everyone is going to call him a genius 

Quite possibly so, but Daboll's "fine" OC qualities have to date failed to reveal themselves in a number of opportunities.