Browns interview Brian Daboll for HC; have interest in pairing with Bills Asst. GM Joe Schoen

YoloinOhio

6 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Maybe I am missing something....but are you actually saying Rex Ryan is a good coach?

IMO no,  but there was a lot of support for Rex when he was hired in fan forums.

Personally I thought his comment about being able to improve the already good Bills defense was BS and it was.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

My dad said the same exact thing about the 3rd and 18. He didn’t want to talk about the refs, nothing. Just that. 

people forget that deshaun didn’t have a good game but made a Houdini play (we’ve seen josh do this). Also he lost his 1st playoff game last year too.

Watson didn't start off well but got better. Our QB was the opposite. 

Edited by london_bills
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Like I said before, Daboll can be great (Josh Allen receiving TD) one minute and utterly a moron the next (Gore draw at end of half before Duke TD attempt).

I wont hate it if he is back in Buffalo next year (hopefully having learned some tough lessons of being a dumb a** at times), but I also do kind of hope he gets a HC job so we can find a new OC.

2 things I cant stand about Daboll:  His stubborn stupidity (obsession with running Gore on first and second down over and over again) and running one of the most complicated and challenging offenses on a team with 9 new offensive starters, rotating RT's, and a young QB with mediocre at best group of receiving weapons to throw to.  Brown and Cole are good, especially Brown.  But everyone else was mostly useless or mistake prone.  I love Knox's potential still, but he had a lot of drops and his whiffed block on the Allen run Saturday may have lost us the game.  

I want an OC who will focus on building an offense around the players on the team.  Daboll seemed to force his scheme too often rather than focusing on best utilizing the players talents and putting them in the best positions to succeed.  Felt like he spent a large part of the game setting some specific play to use later in the game rather than just getting Josh and the offense into a rhythm.   

Personally, I think Daboll was too focused on trying to be seen as a "genius" or "innovator" and that caused him at times to not call a smart football game.  And there were times he pulled it off, but too often it bit him in the backside and cost us drives or points IMO.  

I am in the camp 100% Thanks for writing this so I didn't have to.

15 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Follow up question:

IF Daboll goes, who do you want to replace him? Keeping in mind we have a young, raw, project at QB...

I don’t know who I “want” but some available OCs out there are ken whisenhunt, Jay gruden, hue, pat shurmur, Jim Caldwell, Todd Haley. You could also go after a college guy like Joe Brady.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Do you ever talk to other fans about their players?  Dallas fans hate Witten for coming back.  Cardinals fans think their QB is too short.  Packer fans were getting fed up with Rodgers last year.  Bears fans think Trubisky sucks.  on and on. Eagles fans don't like Wentz.  The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.  That's part of it. 

I hope he shined his shoes and wore his best suit.

Spoiler alert:. Bears fans are on to something.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Spoiler alert:. Bears fans are on to something.

I don't know. I saw several Bears games this year and it appeared to me Trubisky was far from the problem with their team and the losses.  A lot of dumb mistakes and penalties.  Coaching.  Maybe he didn't do as well as last year, but the teams demise is not only his fault.

If we have a year like them next year look for Josh to get the same treatment.  When you win, QB gets the glory. When you lose, it's the QBs fault.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

Last I heard "stickum" is illegal

Don't need it anymore. Pretty much incorporated into modern gloves.

I have some and you can hold a football with two fingers at the very tip of the ball.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, H2o said:

I think it will be McDaniels and they will try to pry Nick Caserio away as well. 

If they truly empowered DePodsta it will be Kevin Stefanski.

If Jimmy and Dee over rule again it will be McDaniels

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

I think it will be McDaniels and they will try to pry Nick Caserio away as well. 

I doubt McDaniels would go there. Right? It's the Browns. When his time comes, he will have a lot of options (be it warranted or not).

28 minutes ago, H2o said:

Ziegler is the guy he will bring 

24 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

I doubt McDaniels would go there. Right? It's the Browns. When his time comes, he will have a lot of options (be it warranted or not).

I do think that he would. He’s a NE Ohio guy and would look at it as an opportunity to turn the team around. Will want full control 

4 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Any updates in Cleveland?  HC spots are filling up with names other than DABOLL.

Not sure if that is good or bad.

From what I’ve read, it sounds like Cleveland was Daboll’s only interview. That should probably tell you something. Looks like they are just kicking every tire.