Browns interview Brian Daboll for HC; have interest in pairing with Bills Asst. GM Joe Schoen

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

you think the playoffs just happen?

They happen despite Daboll.  He hasn't put together a gameplan that has beaten any playoff team (don;t mention the Mariota Titans).  Every team seeded ahead of the Bills has beaten NE.  The Bills, at their maximum power at the near end of the season, lost their second game to the team Fitzy messed with yesterday.

Edited by Mr. WEO
  • Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Picture should really be of Jaba the Hut.

If Daboll leaves, I'll really miss the 3rd and short situations where he dials up a 30 yard pass with a QB that overthrows the receiver by 5+ yards.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Utah John said:

So Daboll hasn't been a great O coordinator but he's the guy Josh Allen knows, and seems to respond to.  A lot of young QBs struggle after a change in HC or OC.  I would hate to see Allen's development interrupted by a change to someone else, even if that someone else is a better play caller.  

The guy I'd really hate to see leave is Frazier.  As DC he's exactly on the same page as McD, and the results are brilliant.

the D will be fine with McD here

Just now, Reed83HOF said:

I don't think Daboll would take the job - I sure as hell wouldn't. I would wait for a better opp

yep ANY coach with any vision of Success would stay away from that Toxic Cesspool. 

GM and Team Advisor In fighting for power

a Weak minded QB that hears EVERYTHING said about him. 
No Offensive Line to Speak of. 

Once again Cleveland would rank as the last resort for any coach. 

Thank God DePodesta lost the power struggle the first time otherwise McDermott would be in Cleveland right now. 

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I truly believe an equally convincing argument can be made that Daboll has held back Josh.  His second half of the season has been a struggle as a passer.  

Needs a new look, someone other than Daboll, a guy who has been eating lunch on his association with the greatest coaches in college and the NFL.

Who is this mystery man? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I'm ambivalent on Daboll right now. I'd rather he stay but I wouldn't lose sleep if he went elsewhere. That being said I don't think he's a serious head coaching candidate at this point.

If I was McD, I would be meeting with Pegula to be crafting that excellent Letter Of Recommendation.

Just now, That's No Moon said:

Chad O'Shea gets fired and Daboll is getting HC interviews. Smh

I would scoop Chad O’Shea up in a heartbeat if Daboll leave. 

he turned Parker into a legit WR. And that offense had absolutely NOTHING for him to work with. 

9 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

it's really not leaps and bounds.  she's still a sub 60% passer, a couple more YPG and only 20 TDs.

Josh is a stud.  Daboll is stunting his growth because Daboll is a nobody.  He is a guy who knows great coaches.  Josh needs someone who can ACTUALLY take him to the next level.  

Daboll is completely out of his depth as a developer of a great QB talent.  He's has no history of doing this.  

Pat Shurmur might be a better developer of QBs than Daboll. These QBs had their best seasons under Shurmur (Keenum, Bradford, Foles, McNabb). Keenum with the Minnesota Miracle. He made Daniel Jones look decent also

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, the skycap said:

Pat Shurmur might be a better developer of QBs than Daboll. These QBs had their best seasons under Shurmur (Keenum, Bradford, Foles, McNabb). Keenum with the Minnesota Miracle. He made Daniel Jones look decent also

I agree.  Great point.

53 minutes ago, Gary Busey said:

I hope not. I agree with Joe B. - Daboll has been huge in getting Allen from where he was last year to this year. Daboll will make Allen better next year, too. Allen's progression is more important than a few bad play calls.

While I agree directionally, the use of the term "a few" strikes a chord of dissonance from reality as I perceive it. I for one, would be very happy with a change. Sad to say, Daboll won't get the gig and so he isn't leaving, I can only hope he gets better. 

9 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I truly believe an equally convincing argument can be made that Daboll has held back Josh.  His second half of the season has been a struggle as a passer.  

Needs a new look, someone other than Daboll, a guy who has been eating lunch on his association with the greatest coaches in college and the NFL.

You can argue that, but it's not very convincing. To Gary Busey's point, Allen has progressed from last year. Quite a bit. It's pretty obvious in watching him play this year. If you can't see the difference, not sure what to say. As for the 2nd half, his play in the 2nd half of this season helped us to the playoffs. Josh cut his turnovers down in the 2nd half of this season. He didn't do that on his own. Dabol had a hand in that. The 2nd half of this season is where we played 5 games in a row vs. top 11 defenses. His numbers were not going to blow up playing that 2nd half schedule. I'm happy with the work Dabol is doing with Allen, along with a new oline, all new wrs, all new te's and all new rbs. Not sure how you don't see that. 

• Like (+1) 2