Browns interview Brian Daboll for HC; have interest in pairing with Bills Asst. GM Joe Schoen

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Makes Sense Browns with Mayfield would pick Dabol’s brain on his exercise of how to develop the top QBs the Bills gave him before hiring him. 

also makes sense to pick his Brain of the process that has been implemented here. 

now all that said he won’t get hired. 

however if he does go find another OC. 

This job might appeal to him.  And he might get it.  Close enough to home (OP) where the family can commute back and forth easily.  I believe that he has kids/step kids late in high school and Cleveland might be the second most desirable situation for him, next to Buffalo.  

The interview request also tells us that there are those in the NFL who are impressed with his work with Allen.  As well they should be.  Josh has come leaps and bounds from where he was last year.  It would be a big loss for Daboll to go.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

This job might appeal to him.  And he might get it.  Close enough to home (OP) where the family can commute back and forth easily.  I believe that he has kids/step kids late in high school and Cleveland might be the second most desirable situation for him, next to Buffalo.  

The interview request also tells us that there are those in the NFL who are impressed with his work with Allen.  As well they should be.  Josh has come leaps and bounds from where he was last year.  It would be a big loss for Daboll to go.

he isn’t going anywhere. And no coach in their right mind would go to a team with an internal power struggle between their GM and their Advisor 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, the skycap said:

May take Gaine with him to be GM?

I still think McCarthy makes the most sense for them, established HC who has had success (which will buy him time to fix the mess) - he also has a history with Dorsey, if Dorsey stays...

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

it's really not leaps and bounds.  he's still a sub 60% passer, a couple more YPG and only 20 TDs.

Josh is a stud.  Daboll is stunting his growth because Daboll is a nobody.  He is a guy who knows great coaches.  Josh needs someone who can ACTUALLY take him to the next level.  

Daboll is completely out of his depth as a developer of a great QB talent.  He's has no history of doing this.  

Edited by Mr. WEO
  • Like (+1) 3

So Daboll hasn't been a great O coordinator but he's the guy Josh Allen knows, and seems to respond to.  A lot of young QBs struggle after a change in HC or OC.  I would hate to see Allen's development interrupted by a change to someone else, even if that someone else is a better play caller.  

The guy I'd really hate to see leave is Frazier.  As DC he's exactly on the same page as McD, and the results are brilliant.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

it's really not leaps and bounds.  she's still a sub 60% passer, a couple more YPG and only 20 TDs.

Josh is a stud.  Daboll is stunting his growth because Daboll is a nobody.  He is a guy who knows great coaches.  Josh needs someone who can ACTUALLY take him to the next level.  

Daboll is completely out of his depth as a developer of a great QB talent.  He's has no history of doing this.  

you think the playoffs just happen?

• Like (+1) 1