Browns interview Brian Daboll for HC; have interest in pairing with Bills Asst. GM Joe Schoen

YoloinOhio

8 minutes ago, Gary Busey said:

I hope not. I agree with Joe B. - Daboll has been huge in getting Allen from where he was last year to this year. Daboll will make Allen better next year, too. Allen's progression is more important than a few bad play calls.

I truly believe an equally convincing argument can be made that Daboll has held back Josh.  His second half of the season has been a struggle as a passer.  

Needs a new look, someone other than Daboll, a guy who has been eating lunch on his association with the greatest coaches in college and the NFL.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

They can`t interview him until after the season is over.

They can interview all the guys on teams with a bye week or eliminated from playoffs

Incorrect

Assistant coach following a win or loss in the Wild Card round

If an assistant coach’s team loses in the Wild Card round, the candidate can interview with any team that goes through the proper channels to secure an interview. However, if the assistant coach’s team wins, teams need approval for an interview, which has to take place before the divisional round.

For example: Lions defensive coordinator Teryl Austin and Dolphins defensive coordinator Vance Joseph had to wait until their teams were knocked out of the Wild Card round before they could interview. As soon as their seasons were over, there were reports that Austin had interviews lined up with the Rams and Chargers, while Joseph had one set with the Broncos.

On the other hand, Seattle defensive coordinator Kris Richard needed the OK from the Seahawks to interview with the Bills after his team beat the Lions. Richard met with the Bills one day later, on Sunday night.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I truly believe an equally convincing argument can be made that Daboll has held back Josh.  His second half of the season has been a struggle as a passer.  

Needs a new look, someone other than Daboll, a guy who has been eating lunch on his association with the greatest coaches in college and the NFL.

Right on.  I hope Daboll goes to Cleveland.  If not Cleveland, then Carolina.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Daboll has been a terrible OC at every stop in his career. We were all expecting him to all of a sudden turn a 180 and be good?  Come on. Shame on us. This guy is single handedly holding Allen back and I can’t believe some of you want him to stay. Watch the games!

• Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Jerry Jabber said:

If Daboll leaves, I’m really gonna miss seeing the Bills try three running plays from the ten yard line when it’s first and goal. 

Exactly. His play calling has been horrendous. I’m not sure why anyone would see this as anything more than an opportunity to improve. 

• Like (+1) 1

Makes Sense Browns with Mayfield would pick Dabol’s brain on his exercise of how to develop the top QBs the Bills gave him before hiring him. 

also makes sense to pick his Brain of the process that has been implemented here. 

now all that said he won’t get hired. 

however if he does go find another OC. 

• Like (+1) 1