A generation of Qbs coming to a close.

TwistofFate

With the stench of Black Monday in the air and many Qbs of the old guard facing uncertainty, it's a moment to reflect on two decades of some really good Qbs. 

You can't help but to not get a tad bit sentimental or emotional watching some of these end of the year pressers. 

Philip Rivers...a gamer.  Watching him break down in his final presser was moving.  A guy who gave "everything I have."

Eli Manning...the Giant who toppled the Evil Empire....twice.  Facing the end, unsure, miserable...knowing this could very well be it. 

Ben Roethelisberger....Big Ben...a force, a play maker, Big Guns and big Bombs highlight his career...now injured, abused and a shell of his former self. 

Drew Brees...Possibly the GOAT no one gives enough credit to.   Consistently overshadowed by Rodgers and Brady while quietly shattering record after record. 

Aaron Rodgers....the Hail Mary King.  Consistently stalking the sidelines in GB for years leading his team with pinpoint accuracy and dynamic big play capabilities. 

Tom....Brady... The Sith apprentice who has terrorized the NFL for two decades.   One of the scariest Qbs in history with two minutes to go and the game on the line. 

We've watched these guys for the better part of two decades in amazement, anger, frustration, and sometimes...with joy. (thanks Eli) 

We are coming to a close, imo, of one of the best Qbing era's of all time. 

I look forward to the up and coming Qbs to forge their own destiny's and make history for themselves, but the Qb landscape is going to take a big hit when Titans of old pass the torch. 

Thanks for the memories! 

Now let's destroy HOUSTON!!!! 

GO BILLS!!! 

Edited by TwistofFate
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Happy that we actually have one of the possible up and coming replacements. 
Allen has the tools to be a mvp caliber guy, we shall see if he can put those tools together. Glad we’re not Washington or Tampa or one of those teams in weird situations. 

• Like (+1) 2

Brees is still going strong. I could see him playing 2 or 3 more years if he is up for it. 

His last 3 years have the best completion %'s of his career at 72.0, 74.4 and 74.3.  

Those numbers at age/s 37-40 are just insane. 

Edited by Real McNasty
  • Like (+1) 4

I have mixed feelings on the era and glad its coming to a close.  Largely, the bills were irrelevant spectators during all these careers until this season.  

It didnt even feel like the bills were part of the nfl much of the time in the darkest days of jauron, gailey, brandon, and nix.

• Like (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Peyton Manning goes in that group, IMO, even though he retired a few years ago. 

IMHO, he was the real GOAT.  People compared him in his last year or two to the Brady of those years, and of course Brady was better.  But when Manning was cruising he was incredible.  The best passer I've ever seen, very smart, very tough.

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, skibum said:

Don't forget Fitz. 

YES!!

The atypical NFL player who is really just playing for the fun of it.  My favorite--guy is a total baller.  His career is unique in the NFL.  Always playing hard, balls out--with a smile on his face.

I hope he keeps going.

28 minutes ago, Utah John said:

IMHO, he was the real GOAT.  People compared him in his last year or two to the Brady of those years, and of course Brady was better.  But when Manning was cruising he was incredible.  The best passer I've ever seen, very smart, very tough.

7 career playoff one and done's with the Colts.

Beat out Rex Grossman in his only Colts SB win despite a billion regular season wins.

Gifted an SB win in Denver in a historically bad season.

Great guy, great QB, no GOAT.

Brees is the best passer ever, without a doubt.

Edited by Mr. WEO
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, TwistofFate said:

With the stench of Black Monday in the air and many Qbs of the old guard facing uncertainty, it's a moment to reflect on two decades of some really good Qbs. 

You can't help but to not get a tad bit sentimental or emotional watching some of these end of the year pressers. 

Philip Rivers...a gamer.  Watching him break down in his final presser was moving.  A guy who gave "everything I have."

Eli Manning...the Giant who toppled the Evil Empire....twice.  Facing the end, unsure, miserable...knowing this could very well be it. 

Ben Roethelisberger....Big Ben...a force, a play maker, Big Guns and big Bombs highlight his career...now injured, abused and a shell of his former self. 

Drew Brees...Possibly the GOAT no one gives enough credit to.   Consistently overshadowed by Rodgers and Brady while quietly shattering record after record. 

Aaron Rodgers....the Hail Mary King.  Consistently stalking the sidelines in GB for years leading his team with pinpoint accuracy and dynamic big play capabilities. 

Tom....Brady... The Sith apprentice who has terrorized the NFL for two decades.   One of the scariest Qbs in history with two minutes to go and the game on the line. 

We've watched these guys for the better part of two decades in amazement, anger, frustration, and sometimes...with joy. (thanks Eli) 

I look forward to the up and coming Qbs to forge their own destiny's and make history for themselves, but the Qb landscape is going to take a big hit when Titans of old pass the torch. 

Thanks for the memories! 

GO BILLS!!! 

Yep their time has come most of these guys drove the bills and their fans crazy when we played them now it’s our time to unleash said punishment on their fan bases for awhile 

• Like (+1) 1

Honorable mention to Carson Palmer, who perhaps had the skills and cojones of the aforementioned future legends, but suffered from bad team ownership and injuries. I mean, he got drafted by the Bengals. That's the NFL kiss of death. Had he been drafted by a competent franchise, who knows what he might have done. 

3 hours ago, TwistofFate said:

Thanks for the memories! 

GO BILLS!!! 

Well done. And I agree about Brees. 

• Like (+1) 2

The new generation definitely moves a little better, and doesnt give up the too much of the accuracy that those guys do. 

Guys like Wilson, Mahomes, Watson, Allen, Lamar, etc need to keep working on diagnosing defences at the line like the older crowd and they can be just as successful. 

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

If Rodgers wins another in the next 2-3 years I could see him retiring on top regardless of the money still on the table. He doesn’t seem like the type to hang on once his performance/success drops below a certain point. 

• Like (+1) 1