In honor of a Buffalo/Houston playoff game

6 hours ago, DBilz2500 said:

Yea the NFL on NBC which did the AFC games didn’t have score on the screen. CBS took over the AFC games in 98 and I was glad to finally be able to see the score. I did however miss that iconic NFL on NBC theme song. 

I miss the old school announcers.  Better than what we have today.  Enberg, Summeral, Trumpy, Macguore, Madden, Criqui, etc.

12 hours ago, sullim4 said:

- Norwood's leg strength was clearly a liability.  I've watched a number of these games from the late 80s-early 90s on Youtube and he struggled to hit 50 yards.  Polian should have been looking at options here - while I don't blame him for the loss in XXV, he didn't help us win either and getting a better PK could have made the difference.  Hauschka's recent struggles make me think about this more.

Hard to say if Polian could have found a better kicker at that time. 

As laid out pretty clearly in this article from a few years back, the quality of kicking has improved dramatically since circa 1990 so comparing Norwood and his peer group to a 2015-2019 kicker isn't really appropriate:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/kickers-are-forever/

• Like (+1) 1

First playoff game ever at Rich Stadium. Will never forget the electricity. Masses of fans gathered at the gates chanting in unison, “Let us in! Let us in!” We actually opened the gates earlier than normal that day. 

On 12/30/2019 at 7:15 PM, Ray Finkel said:

New Years Day game I believe.

We were so hungover.  I sat next to a guy from England who was in town for work.  Great day.  We nursed beers to ease the pain. Epic tailgate after.

• Like (+1) 1