Levi Wallace - sprained ankle, day to day

YoloinOhio

14 minutes ago, Augie said:

I think they start doing that in high school, and then up the ante at every level after that. 

To be fair, it may look a little different “in game”, but whatever works is what they will try. 

Wow as early as high school? Holy smokes I guess I shouldn’t be surprised due to how competitive and desire to win so high but dang *cringe* well the players acquiesce and go along with it I was thinking maybe it was an archaic concept. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Was it Kevin Johnson with that helmet to helmet penalty yesterday?

If so, a suspension "could" happen. Lets hope it just a fine..

Yeah it was Coleman but wasn't helmet-to-helmet.  Won't be a suspension and probably won't even be a fine.

9 minutes ago, Margarita said:

Wow as early as high school? Holy smokes I guess I shouldn’t be surprised due to how competitive and desire to win so high but dang *cringe* well the players acquiesce and go along with it I was thinking maybe it was an archaic concept. 

Both of our boys lined up directly against guys currently in the NFL in their HS days.  Florida HS football is serious stuff! 

Everybody knew the most popular smoothie joint to go to for PED’s. There were painkillers with legit scripts to get you past surgeries and injuries and back on the field. My younger son had a friend who‘s dad is a neurologist and he would make houses calls to be sure our QB/MVP son could be passed to make a big Friday game after a stinger the previous week. Of course, the kids lie making things that much easier to get ugly, but most adults knew. 

One kid had a neck injury, stopped action forever while he was strapped helmet-on to a board and the ambulance took him away....for his 2nd or 3rd time. 

It is INSANE and I’m SO happy our son elected to get on with his life rather than play for some middling college program. He was going to college regardless, so he didn’t have to do it for the scholarship. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Augie said:

Both of our boys lined up directly against guys currently in the NFL in their HS days.  Florida HS football is serious stuff! 

Everybody knew the most popular smoothie joint to go to for PED’s. There were painkillers with legit scripts to get you past surgeries and injuries and back on the field. My younger son had a friend who‘s dad is a neurologist and he would make houses calls to be sure our QB/MVP son could be passed to make a big Friday game after a stinger the previous week. Of course, the kids lie making things that much easier to get ugly, but most adults knew. 

One kid had a neck injury, stopped action forever while he was strapped helmet-on to a board and the ambulance took him away....for his 2nd or 3rd time. 

It is INSANE and I’m SO happy our son elected to get on with his life rather than play for some middling college program. He was going to college regardless, so he didn’t have to do it for the scholarship. 

Thanks for sharing Angie very interesting first hand knowledge ?

• Like (+1) 1

People that want Gaines probably forget that he gave up a 41 yard PI with 2 minutes left in the game when we played Houston last year.

That was a killer penalty.  Gave up 131 yards in PI on the year.  You don't want him covering anyone with speed and Houston has beaucoup speed this year.

12 hours ago, Margarita said:

I have a question. In the NFL these days do you know if it is common for an injury such as this For a medical staff to conceivably shoot his ankle up with painkillers , tape it and get him out there to play? It sounds bad and perhaps something that was done even in the past only rarely and for situations like the playoffs or super bowl. Thoughts? Thanks. 

A cortisone shot can help

Edited by Manther
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, hemma said:

People that want Gaines probably forget that he gave up a 41 yard PI with 2 minutes left in the game when we played Houston last year.

That was a killer penalty.  Gave up 131 yards in PI on the year.  You don't want him covering anyone with speed and Houston has beaucoup speed this year.

Wrong Gaines

7 minutes ago, hemma said:

Gaines wasn't on the Bills last year.