Levi Wallace - sprained ankle, day to day

YoloinOhio

If it's D-T-D then it likely isn't the dreaded 'high ankle sprain' that keeps guys out for months.  I'll take that as good news.  And besides, I think Kevin Johnson probably wants to show his former team what they're missing.  Every bit of motivation helps.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I hope our training staff can work miracles and that Wallace is willing to do whatever they recommend in and out of facility.  But I have to say for my kid's sprained ankle while she could play on it in a few days, she didn't have her full vertical leap nor her best cutting ability back for a couple weeks.

39 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I guess that means no IR for Wallace. EJ Gaines is still a FA I believe. 

I thought it was Achilles after rewatching that play again today....Yes, EJ, Cam Lewis and Cpt Munnerlain are all easy plugins if needed.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, SEOhio Bills Fan said:

Would we even be able to sign Gaines since he was placed on IR earlier in the year and then cut?

Yes, he is an UFA. 
Last team he worked out for was Houston back in October. 
When Gaines played in 2017 and was on the field the D was noticeably better. He knows the scheme but has been out for the entire year. No clue what shape he is in. 

9 minutes ago, SEOhio Bills Fan said:

Would we even be able to sign Gaines since he was placed on IR earlier in the year and then cut?

I was just looking at info about that.  The rule is a 6 week waiting period for the team that cut the player.

That period starts after the "settlement" period is over.  I can't find info on how long that was agreed to.

They cut EJ back in Aug so I do believe he is eligible to come back to Buffalo.

40 minutes ago, Nester said:

It’s crazy to get hurt on an INT with no one touching you, but stuff happens. So glad it’s only sprained 

I agree.

Sincerely,

Slipped on Wet Mat