Broncos for sale?

Virgil

14 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I’m not sure what “circumstances” there are.  But this sounds crazy to me. 

THE WHOLE DAMN FAMILY IS FIGHTING FOR CONTROL, PAT'S KIDS, HIS BROTHER ETC...

Edit:

Edited by Reed83HOF

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

I’m not sure what “circumstances” there are.  But this sounds crazy to me. 

Someone make a 30 for 30 about the guy who went from dime bags to entrepreneur to NFL Team owner 

Some rumors.

https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/could-amazon-billionaire-jeff-bezos-be-interested-in-purchasing-denver-broncos

Jeff Bezos, through his billion-dollar Amazon empire, has decided his next project could be pro football and he has the financial muscle to make it happen in a heartbeat, should an opportunity arise, according to a CBS Sports report. Bezos is certainly a man who believes in making constant and bold acquisitions to expand his interests, even ruffling the feathers of President Donald Trump when he acquired The Washington Post newspaper a few years ago.

Connecting the dots to name the most attractive buy is fairly simplistic, with both the Seattle Seahawks and Broncos dealing with flux at ownership due to the deaths of Paul Allen and Pat Bowlen, respectively.

Both franchises are valued in the region of $2.5 billion, so for a man who liquidates $1 billion of Amazon stock every year to fund his Blue Origin space rocket enterprise, the dangling of mega quick cash could find willing suitors in a hurry.

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I also have a Bronco for sale, slightly used.

was-the-oj-simpson-trial-to-blame-for-th

Is OJ in the back?

Spilled reports of family infighting have been around for the past few years, even before Bowlen's passing.  I'm not surprised that selling the team is being considered as an option. 

However, Denver is a town with deep pockets, and I bet that the team will not be on the market for very long.  As part of their reboot, perhaps John Elway can be exiled to his steakhouse (which, by the way, is pretty good!).

Cliff Notes Version:

Bowlen set up a trust in 2002. Although it is still secret, it is believed that this trust would transfer ownership equally to his children when he died.

Bowlen set up a new trust in 2009. This would transfer ownership to three people, two of which were Broncos employees. One of the employees is CEO Joe Ellis.

Bowlen died of Alzheimers.

The three people are trying to get one of Bowlen's daughters to be set up as the sole owner.

The other kids are fighting this.

They say that Bowlen was showing effects of Alzheimers around 2005.

They say that Ellis recognized this and started to influence an incapacitated Bowlen. Ellis fired many employees who were loyal to Bowlen.

They say that the trust are setting up the one daughter as a figurehead so that the trust can remain in power behind the scenes.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2