Joe Thomas wants Daboll for CLE HC - Mary Kay Cabot confirms request

Reed83HOF

1 hour ago, Rc2catch said:

I know daboll is the hated flavor of the week for say almost all season, but I would expect he may be a successful head coach. He may not be the best coordinator but that doesn’t always mean you’ll be bad as a head coach. Interesting to see 

As young as McD might be I think good coaches spin off of good coaches and Daboll is taking notes on how McD is building a championship caliber football team.

I for one am not at all a fan of losing Daboll...

2 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

This one?

"I told my psychiatrist that everyone hates me. He said I was being ridiculous - everyone hasn't met me yet."

I like this psychiatrist joke: My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Haha (+1) 3

Frankly, I wouldn’t want Daboll to leave unless there was a clearly better option waiting to step in. To have him leave without a seriously good replacement would be a big negative for Allen and the team. This is coming from one of those “ he should be playing Duke guys”.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rico said:

Mike Pettine, then Brian Daboll. Nice!

I thought they pulled the trigger too soon on Pettine in Cleveland.They were a dumpster before he showed up. They got better under him. 

Edited by Mango
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BobChalmers said:

"2) tough, disciplined, holds players accountable"

Under no circumstances describes Hue Jackson EVER.

Meh, he was screaming at those players all the time on Hard Knocks.

And it really doesn't obviously describe Daboll either.

I'm not saying Daboll is the greatest offensive mind, and I've hated a lot of his play calls - but can people here please come to grips with the fact that the offensive talent is still no better than mediocre, even with the replacement of 9 of 11 starters.

Josh Allen is the only first round pick on the offense.  Think about that for a minute.  The defense has 7!  Just because they upgraded the OL and WR from absolute trash (last season) to average doesn't mean they are actually good now - they are mediocre.

Some others for comparison, 

Jets 2

Ravens 4 (not counting RG3)

Texans 4

Titans 4 (not counting Mariota)

Chiefs 3

Tampa Bay 3

Vikings 2 (not the qb)

Eagles 4

Bears 1 (though they have a pile of 2's)

Cowboys 5 (and not the QB)

Seahawks 4 (All 4 are on the OL!!!)

Edited by BobChalmers
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Lineman can't count to 10...

Anyway, this would be a cruelty to the Browns fans.  He just described Hue Jackson and Pat Shurmur.

Hey now. Olinemen are the smartest position group outside of QB’s.

also, did anyone else think of Doug Marrone while reading Thomas’ reasons why?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Have you seen this team try to run a screen? 2 things we suck at are screens and playaction. I'm sorry to say it's mostly because the QB is terrible at running them.

I'll potentially give you screens, but Josh Allen is amazing at play action.