If Daboll is looking at HC vacancies Shurmur is one OC I can get behind.

Maine-iac

3 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

no reports anywhere of interest. Except from one LaConjecture

Or Pellisero or Mary Cay Cabot?

Whether you want to admit it or not, but the rest of the NFL, and the guys who sign coaches' paychecks seem to think that Daboll has done a remarkable job with Allen, considering where he started and what he was given.  

6 minutes ago, Max Fischer said:

Really, 0% chance?   

Accomplishments:

- Helped turn Allen into a competent, improving QB. Allen is an entirely new QB. 

- Created a new offense out of whole cloth with 9 ew starters. Including thre rookies. That is not easy. 
- Daboll has demonstrated he can adapt and improve. 
- He has created decent game plans that have not been well-excuted. 
- Daboll continues to add new wrinkles each week. 

Next season:

- Offense should return every starter but Spain with possible improvement at RT (assuming goes to G)

- The offense will have entire season and an additional off-season. Chance to massage and add to the playbook. 
- Still a chance to add weapons at WR and RB as well as develop Knox, Sweeney and Singletary. 
- Allen has demonstrated he could improve even more and even if 10% better this team could put up a lot more points under Daboll. 

2018--JA led Bills 19.8 ppg.

2019--JA LED BILLS 20.5 ppg.

Josh needs a real offensive minded guru to take him to the next level.  Daboll is a striver--a pretender his whole career.  

2 minutes ago, GG said:

Whether you want to admit it or not, but the rest of the NFL, and the guys who sign coaches' paychecks seem to think that Daboll has done a remarkable job with Allen, considering where he started and what he was given.  

One team. And the team that has had like 7 HC under the years of the Haslam Ownership group. 

yippie. Take the Job Daboll you will be on the street in a year. 

4 minutes ago, GG said:

Whose opinions are you going to value, NFL execs or really smart guys like WEO?  :lol:

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

One team. And the team that has had like 7 HC under the years of the Haslam Ownership group. 

yippie. Take the Job Daboll you will be on the street in a year. 

And the Panthers.

There will be more, I remember reading some articles earlier in the year on how a few other NFL execs thought highly of him.

4 minutes ago, Magox said:

Whose opinions are you going to value, NFL execs or really smart guys like WEO?  :lol:

And the Panthers.

There will be more, I remember reading some articles earlier in the year on how a few other NFL execs thought highly of him.

I know

The guy took a kid who couldn't consistently hit the broad side of a barn and turned him into a passable NFL starter in over a year, but it's his fault that Allen isn't Montana yet.  

1 minute ago, GG said:

I know

The guy took a kid who couldn't consistently hit the broad side of a barn and turned him into a passable NFL starter in over a year, but it's his fault that Allen isn't Montana yet.  

I've said it a few times, the offense is not that far away from being a top 10 unit.   Next year

12 minutes ago, Magox said:

And the Panthers.

not gonna happen. Who linked Daboll to Carolina 

19 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

2018--JA led Bills 19.8 ppg.

2019--JA LED BILLS 20.5 ppg.

Josh needs a real offensive minded guru to take him to the next level.  Daboll is a striver--a pretender his whole career.  

if you don’t see the difference between 2018 and 2019 offenses then it’s probably not worth the debate. 

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

not gonna happen. Who linked Daboll to Carolina 

Google it

and for the record I don’t think he will be offered a HC job, he hasn’t accomplished enough as an OC to merit it at this point.   But he is on the right path and next year they will be around 24 pts per game.

Just now, Magox said:

Google it

and for the record I don’t think he will be offered a HC job, he hasn’t accomplished enough as an OC to merit it at this point.   But he is on the right path and next year they will be around 24 pts per game.

Yep LaConjecture as I stated and yet no interview request from Panthers (who have had “interest” since Rob Fired) 

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I see a difference, but not enough to keep Daboll and the rate limiting factor

Ok, I’ll go,there, if you don’t see a significant improvement in all phases of the offense from 2018 to 2019, and even from the first half to the second half of 2019, then you either are a troll, an irrational crusader against Daboll (and likely McDermott) and/or you really don’t understand the game. 

NOW it’s not worth engaging you. 

Edited by Max Fischer

3 minutes ago, Max Fischer said:

Ok, I’ll go,there, you don’t see a significant improvement in all phases of the offense from 2018 to 2019, and even from the first half to the second half of 2019, then you either are a troll, an irrational crusader against Daboll (and likely McDermott) and/or you really don’t understand the game. 

NOW it’s not worth engaging you. 

Their ppg fell to 18 in the second half of the season.

Posters who point out the fallacy of your works aren't, de facto, trolls.

Edited by Mr. WEO

Post in the other thread about Daboll interviewing with the Browns.

Those thinking Daboll has a 0% chance are just plain wrong.

I think the view around the league is that Daboll has done a good job developing Allen.

9 hours ago, StHustle said:

Daboll has 0% chance of getting an NFL HC gig this offseason. NCAA is a possibility but I don't think that's likely. 

Also, what has Shurmur shown offensively the last two years that has you so confident he would be an "excellent OC" for us?

I definitely think the chance is greater than 0%. Think about some of the NFL head coaches hired recently.  Guy has a pretty good work resume and has worked for some of the most well known and successful HCs in both NFL and NCAA. 

14 hours ago, Max Fischer said:

Daboll is a much better OC than most Bills fans believe. Each coach gets a fair amount of deserved criticism but Daboll should get much more credit for this years success than he’s received. If Daboll stays, I firmly believe that next season’s team will average over 25 points a game. 

Kind of late coming back to this but wanted to reply.  I was very skeptical when Daboll was hired but have been pleasantly surprised.  I do think he's done a good job with Allen.  I also would agree we could see a nice jump in scoring next year because even with his improvements Allen left a number of TD's on the field that hopefully he'll capitalize on next year.  With all that said McDermott and Daboll fit because they are both cut from the same conservative cloth.  Largely I don't see us scoring 25ppg because unless the defense collapses we will be too conservative in both close games and with a lead to score that many points.  That said this team would stomp most teams with the current defense and an offense that scored even 23 or 24 ppg.