If Daboll is looking at HC vacancies Shurmur is one OC I can get behind.

Maine-iac

22 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

You know I was thinking about this earlier today.  There were a number of sites that listed Daboll as a candidate (as well as Frazier).  If Daboll does leave, which I highly doubt, I think that on paper Pat Shurmur makes a lot sense.  He was known as a “QB whisperer” and someone with a great mind for offense.

I also read that Shurmur rated Allen during the draft process, though when they played NYG son Week 2 he didn’t have the most glowing review of Josh.  

...I'm sure Frazier will get some calls....first shot as HC was not successful....he'll be 61 in April and although DC is a tough grind, I'm GUESSING HC is even more so......he may be comfortable back in his DC position like Schwartz, Wade, etc.......think the Colts did interview him before Frank.....often wonder how many interviews are embarrassingly and solely for the Rooney Rule?....sure as hell is demeaning IMO.....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

39 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Find me an OC that has a History of developing QBs and a History of productive Offenses. 

that being said NO ONE and I mean NO ONE is going to hire Daboll as their HC. 

I do believe the oc from lsu fits that bill

1) good offense nope great

2) backup QB yeah who is he heismam trophy winner

Edited by scuba guy

4 hours ago, RiotAct said:

nobody is going to hire Daboll as a head coach this offseason.

Ya know, I thought the same of Pettine. The team is not devoid of talent, yet. No discipline, chemistry or camaraderie on that team with way too many divas. Would take a strong willed veteran coach. Dabolls not it.

8 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

People are completely in denial that Daboll is getting serious HC buzz...

We said that about Pettine. I don't think Daboll will get a job though. The results just aren't there. He's been with some great head coaches so he'll have some big name references but he's likely got to get some results though. A good playoffs could go a long way.

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

no reports anywhere of interest. Except from one LaConjecture

NFL.com had him listed.  I agree with people who say that's crazy.  Doesn't mean some team won't do it.  Last I knew Daboll has one season with a scoring average over 20 ppg.  Most coaches hired out of the Pats organization fail pretty hard as HC's. 

21 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

NFL.com had him listed.  I agree with people who say that's crazy.  Doesn't mean some team won't do it.  Last I knew Daboll has one season with a scoring average over 20 ppg.  Most coaches hired out of the Pats organization fail pretty hard as HC's. 

Twitter has been confirming interests all day. Guess who hasn’t had one peep about?  Yep that would be Daboll 

Daboll is a much better OC than most Bills fans believe. Each coach gets a fair amount of deserved criticism but Daboll should get much more credit for this years success than he’s received. If Daboll stays, I firmly believe that next season’s team will average over 25 points a game. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Bring back Chan Gailey!! 

and water bugs in space

4 minutes ago, Max Fischer said:

Daboll is a much better OC than most Bills fans believe. Each coach gets a fair amount of deserved criticism but Daboll should get much more credit for this years success than he’s received. If Daboll stays, I firmly believe that next season’s team will average over 25 points a game. 

the chance of this happening?

zero point zero

7 hours ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

I would be shocked if Daboll got a HC job. But I was also shocked when Pettine got the Browns job, so who knows.. 

That's where I'm at. Pettine had ZERO business getting a HC gig, but it happened.

I can't for the life of me figure out why someone would view him as a HC candidate, but who knows? It's the Browns I guess.

I'm pretty meh on the whole thing. Was more disappointed to lose Pettine than I'd be to lose Daboll. We could do better. We could do worse. But I absolutely do not view him as some great asset. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Max Fischer said:

Chance of what happening?

Bills.  255 ppg.  Under Daboll.  Next year.

10 minutes ago, Max Fischer said:

why

4 hours ago, Maine-iac said:

If Chan had brought in Pettine or Schwartz like Marrone did he might have had a chance.  We just couldn't play defense under his watch.

That was Chan’s fault.  He stood by George Edwards after a disastrous first year as DC, and it ended up costing him in year two.  He ended up firing Edwards anyway.  

Then rather than trying to bring in a new defensive mind, he simply promoted Dave Wannstedt to DC.  Wannstedt was the coach of the linebackers who certainly were not standouts.  Of course, Wannstedt sucked and Chan got fired the next year. 

He just never could get the defense in order 

12 minutes ago, Max Fischer said:

It’s insane how much blame he gets for Josh Allen’s failings 

17 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Bills.  255 ppg.  Under Daboll.  Next year.

why

Really, 0% chance?   

Accomplishments:

- Helped turn Allen into a competent, improving QB. Allen is an entirely new QB. 

- Created a new offense out of whole cloth with 9 new starters. Including three rookies. That is not easy. 
- Daboll has demonstrated he can adapt and improve. 
- He has created decent game plans that have not been well-excuted. 
- Daboll continues to add new wrinkles each week. 

Next season:

- Offense should return every starter but Spain with possible improvement at RT (assuming goes to G)

- The offense will have entire season and an additional off-season. Chance to massage and add to the playbook. 
- Still a chance to add weapons at WR and RB as well as develop Knox, Sweeney and Singletary. 
- Allen has demonstrated he could improve even more and even if 10% better this team could put up a lot more points under Daboll. 

Edited by Max Fischer

8 hours ago, StHustle said:

Daboll has 0% chance of getting an NFL HC gig this offseason. NCAA is a possibility but I don't think that's likely. 

Also, what has Shurmur shown offensively the last two years that has you so confident he would be an "excellent OC" for us?

Never underestimate the Haslams and Snyders’ ability to do something stupid with personnel or staffing.... They run their own idiocracies.