If Daboll is looking at HC vacancies Shurmur is one OC I can get behind.

Maine-iac

3 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

Like the title says.  If Daboll does move on to another team Shurmur would be an excellent OC.  Everyone has their own opinions but I really think he could take the whole offense to another level.

He “has a chance”...

4 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

Like the title says.  If Daboll does move on to another team Shurmur would be an excellent OC.  Everyone has their own opinions but I really think he could take the whole offense to another level.

Daboll has 0% chance of getting an NFL HC gig this offseason. NCAA is a possibility but I don't think that's likely. 

Also, what has Shurmur shown offensively the last two years that has you so confident he would be an "excellent OC" for us?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Daboll? HC? Brian Daboll? Really? 

Go Bills!!!

3 hours ago, Circlethewagon8404 said:

Nobody is looking at him as a HC.  OCs that are generally considered for a HC job usually produces a ton of points.  Averaging around 20 doesn't usually qualify.  Frazier has a better chance than Daboll.

Wouldnt be shocked... teams make dumb decisions all the time. Im sure when Chan Gailey was hired no one thought he would get a HC job... same with Kliff Kingsbury...

2 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

If Chan had brought in Pettine or Schwartz like Marrone did he might have had a chance.  We just couldn't play defense under his watch.

That Defense under Gailey especially the first couple of years was brutal!!!!

3 hours ago, Maine-iac said:

You know I was thinking about this earlier today.  There were a number of sites that listed Daboll as a candidate (as well as Frazier).  If Daboll does leave, which I highly doubt, I think that on paper Pat Shurmur makes a lot sense.  He was known as a “QB whisperer” and someone with a great mind for offense.

I also read that Shurmur rated Allen during the draft process, though when they played NYG son Week 2 he didn’t have the most glowing review of Josh.  

Not a glowing endorsement but part of the reason I mention Shurmur is that I'm more afraid of what might happen if Daboll left than I would be excited.  I like McDermott and think he's a great defensive mind but if he's only going to go as far as his OC will take him and Daboll is probably the threshold.  Any worse an OC and we are a good defensive team that has a hard time winning.  I'm not sure I like the prospects of McDermott shopping the open market for OC's.

• Like (+1) 1