New ESPN story on “Super Cade” (also featuring Josh Allen, Darnold, Watson, Mahomes)

BillsFan4

A few weeks ago I went to a HS football playoff game near my house (Mission Viejo, CA - where my son goes to school). It was Mater Dei (a Catholic HS around 15 miles away) vs. Mission Viejo (public HS). I almost never go to HS games, but at the time, Mater Dei was ranked #1 in the US, Mission was ranked #10 in the US.

I only bring this up in this thread because Super Cade was an honorary captain for Mission at that game. I assume he must live in my city, don't remember reading this or seeing this in the articles about him before. I thought it was pretty cool. When I saw the kid out there for the coin toss, I kind of wondered, then they introduced him and I immediately Googled Super Cade since I wasn't positive of his last name, and of course, it was him.

By the way, at that game, Bryce Young, the QB for Mater Dei was amazing. He threw for over 500 yards before they pulled him, I think in the 3rd but may have been early 4th. The first play of the game was a 53 yard strike, second play was called back due to illegal receiver downfield but was a completion to what would have been a touchdown. He had 7 touchdown passes and many amazing throws. He's going to Alabama next year and I can't wait to see how he does with SEC competition. 

FYI, Matt Barkley went to Mater Dei, Mark Sanchez went to Mission.

• Like (+1) 1