Yannick Ngakoue - Peace Out Jax

Reed83HOF

12 minutes ago, Chicharito said:

Win a playoff game and we are not overpaying for anyone. Winning changes everything. This will become a destination everyone wants to come play in. No more Over paying!

Everyone over pays in free agency. 
But I think we can put the “nobody wants to play if buffalo” saying to rest finally. 
We have a team that players will want to play for now 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, elijah said:

For a GM that preaches staying in house, Ngakuoe might just cost too much to make this happen. 

Dawkins, Poyer, Milano, Tre White, Josh Allen, Tremaine Edmunds are just a few names coming up in the next 2 years.

Meh. The cap will only be an issue if Josh Allen emerges as THE MAN, so that'd be a great problem to have...a few years down the road. 

Yannnick is the disruptive force missing from this defense. You sign Yannick and you can get rid of both Murphy and Shaq. You've got Johnson who seems to be improving, and you can sign a few guys off the scrap heap if your starters are Yannick/Hughes. 

Keeping your own does not mean you sit pat in free agency and never pursue a big time player. Beane was interested in AB/Frank Clark/Clowney. Didn't come to fruition, but building through the draft does not preclude you from making an occasional big move.

9 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

I could see the Bills easily letting Poyer walk. 

Tre White is locked in for at least two more years.

Josh Allen? Really? Can we wait until he proves himself a little more before worrying about a contract extension? 

Baring major injury, it is 100% certain Allen will be extended. 

5 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

I'm not concerned about the cap at all...

This. The Bills created a ton of room by ridding themselves of players they didn't view as good fits, but I'm quite sure the plan is not to win the cap space war every offseason.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Yannnick is the disruptive force missing from this defense. You sign Yannick and you can get rid of both Murphy and Shaq. You've got Johnson who seems to be improving, and you can sign a few guys off the scrap heap if your starters are Yannick/Hughes. 

Keeping your own does not mean you sit pat in free agency and never pursue a big time player. Beane was interested in AB/Frank Clark/Clowney. Didn't come to fruition, but building through the draft does not preclude you from making an occasional big move.

What exactly has yannick done to be considered the disruptive force this team is missing or a big time player? Same for Clowney who has been quite ugly and disappears in Seattle. 
This yannick guy is not a bad player by any means but he’s not an elite pass rusher. I don’t see the upgrade he provides over shaq and his snap count will not be as high here with the rotations on the line meaning his numbers are probably going down some. 
Im not advocating for not signing him or even signing him I just don’t see what the fuss is about. His numbers aren’t that great. 

10 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

What exactly has yannick done to be considered the disruptive force this team is missing or a big time player? Same for Clowney who has been quite ugly and disappears in Seattle. 
This yannick guy is not a bad player by any means but he’s not an elite pass rusher. I don’t see the upgrade he provides over shaq and his snap count will not be as high here with the rotations on the line meaning his numbers are probably going down some. 
Im not advocating for not signing him or even signing him I just don’t see what the fuss is about. His numbers aren’t that great. 

He is better than Shaq, much better bend. If the Bills got him and Calais I’d be excited. Just adding a Yannick isn’t going to change things much. Hughes is only getting slower. 

3 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

He is better than Shaq, much better bend. If the Bills got him and Calais I’d be excited. Just adding a Yannick isn’t going to change things much. Hughes is only getting slower. 

Better than shaq or just faster? I’m being honest I have not watched the jags since their playoff push years ago. But I did go stat browsing and this guys numbers just don’t seem impressive. Sacks against bad teams.

Not a lot of QB hits. Is he getting pressures that don’t show up on his stat sheets? 
Cause his numbers look on the decline the last couple years. What’s his guarantee gonna look like? 70 million? Is he popular on here cause he’s considered the top guy available so we have to have him like when clowney was up for trade? 

I still want either him or Armstead as our Murphy replacement. Ngakoue's disruptions went down from 90 to 31 this year. Armstead would be better in run support. But we can't go wrong with either. 

21 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

Better than shaq or just faster? I’m being honest I have not watched the jags since their playoff push years ago. But I did go stat browsing and this guys numbers just don’t seem impressive. Sacks against bad teams.

Not a lot of QB hits. Is he getting pressures that don’t show up on his stat sheets? 
Cause his numbers look on the decline the last couple years. What’s his guarantee gonna look like? 70 million? Is he popular on here cause he’s considered the top guy available so we have to have him like when clowney was up for trade? 

Reading that his defensive disruptions fell dramatically from 90 to 31 is a little alarming. I'm not paying him 70M. The more research I do on Ngakoue,  the more appealing & affordable Armstead becomes.