McDermott changes signs from “Playoff Caliber” to “Championship Caliber”

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

to jump from playoff achieving to serious title contender will have to require some heartless moves at just the right time

dumping McD and bringing in a coach who has "been there" might be one of them

Lol I can’t even respond in a serious manner. 
Congrats you won dumbest post of the day 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Rc2catch said:

Lol I can’t even respond in a serious manner. 
Congrats you won dumbest post of the day 

how so?

have you been around to watch a franchise go from nothing to Champions a few times?  Please list them so you have some base as a fan for watching this great process..... if none, then stay quiet in your little corner...  :D

takes various steps to get there, and then to get to the top

Edited by row_33

Metaphorically, I never “aim to shoot the dog”. ( my old manager used to use that West Virginian phrase).  You always aim high as an athlete.  With a humiliating loss to the Titans Saturday, let’s hope  B & B retire, and then we own the AFCE with more talent in free agency and the draft.  Nothing less than 10 wins every year.

We get our next Tomlin meaning a winning coach and Mgmt for over a decade, and bring pride back to this great city.  We want teams afraid to play Buffalo in New Era field and the next stadium as that is coming in there to four years.  I certainly hope we repeat Seattle’s architecture so wind is cut down, the noise level is deafening, and the partial roof cuts down on the snow and rain for fans.

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

to jump from playoff achieving to serious title contender will have to require some heartless moves at just the right time

Or........McD just might be a big part of the reason for our upward trajectory. Just like players, he too can continue to evolve and improve.  

Every coach who has ever “been there”, at one point had not “been there”. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

I mean, so long as this staff refuses to play Duke Williams, this coaching staff cannot be said to be seriously striving for a championship. 

Am I doing this right? 

it's a move with 20/20 hindsight

the team has earned a playoff spot for the first time in 20 years, still improvements to be made

the franchise seems to be committed to taking the next steps, but then again at least14 teams are committed as well, they will improve and hope to fill in the vacancy left by the Pats Dynasty falling apart.

6 minutes ago, row_33 said:

how so?

have you been around to watch a franchise go from nothing to Champions a few times?

You are talking about dumping mcdermott who has made the playoffs 2 out of 3 years, and hasn’t even played the game yet this year. Everyone who has “been there” at one time had not. The more Allen grows the better everyone looks. 
I just can’t fathom at this point even thinking about needing a coaching change. By your logic Kansas City should fire Andy Reid cause he can’t get his teams over the hump 

And thanks for editing in your little sly remark later ? 

Edited by Rc2catch
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

it's a move with 20/20 hindsight

the team has earned a playoff spot for the first time in 20 years, still improvements to be made

the franchise seems to be committed to taking the next steps, but then again at least14 teams are committed as well, they will improve and hope to fill in the vacancy left by the Pats Dynasty falling apart.

I was being sarcastic.  The team has lots of improvements to make (even though it is actually the first earned playoff spot in only two years). You are right, however, every other team is equally committed to improving. I have a hard time believing this organization isn't committed to taking the next steps. 

2 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

You are talking about dumping mcdermott who has made the playoffs 2 out of 3 years, and hasn’t even played the game yet this year. Everyone who has “been there” at one time had not. The more Allen grows the better everyone looks. 
I just can’t fathom at this point even thinking about needing a coaching change. By your logic Kansas City should fire Andy Reid cause he can’t get his teams over the hump 

Where did he say we should dump McDermott? 

11 minutes ago, row_33 said:

McD has been there, albeit as a coordinator. But I wouldn’t discount his playoff experience

as a great steadying hand. 

but I feel like you’re just bored and trying to stir the pot! ?

6 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Beane and McDermott have done a great job in the last 3 years. Two playoffs appearances and having solid core to build around going forward. I don't know what their contract status is but I would expect the Pegula's to resign both to new deals when the time comes.

Edited by Greg S
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Greg S said:

Beane and McDermott have done a great job in the last 3 years. Two playoffs appearances and having solid core to build around going forward. I don't know what their contract status is but I would expect the Pegula's to resign both to new deals when the times comes.

That’s what I don’t get. It’s not pretty always but what they have done in 3 years IS WORKING. Why change what is successful? 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, row_33 said:

how so?

have you been around to watch a franchise go from nothing to Champions a few times?  Please list them so you have some base as a fan for watching this great process..... if none, then stay quiet in your little corner...  :D

Image result for i love lamp

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rc2catch said:

That’s what I don’t get. It’s not pretty always but what they have done in 3 years IS WORKING. Why change what is successful? 

It's not always pretty because the Bills aren't a finished product yet. Whatever happens in these playoffs doesn't change the fact that Beane needs to have another strong offseason focusing on the offense. I would like to see the OL getter better and more in line with what SF and BAL do. Tough physical lines that can dominate the LOS. Also we need another playmaker at WR or TE to go with what we have. If Beane can improve the offense and keep the defense at an elite level than 2020 could be a special year. Hoping they can go on a run this year and I think they can/will get by Houston but winning at KC/BAL will be really tough with our current offense

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, mattrock123 said:

Personally, I don't think what we saw in the regular season will cut it. 

https://buffalowdown.com/2020/01/02/bills-brass-must-continue-to-practice-what-they-preach/

I just don't get it.  Haven't you been listening?  What we saw in the regular season never was the objective.   It's only a step in the process.   McBeane are slowly and steadily building this team.  They never intended that the team would peak in 2019, and it hasn't.   There's more to come.  

What's coming?   A new OLB, one or two offensive linemen, one or two receivers, a running back, more DBs.  

Give it time. 

• Like (+1) 2