Are the Bills this year's unofficial "team nobody wants to face" in the playoffs?

eball

Whos Ryan Tannehill? ?

If we cant stop Carlos Hyde we're going to have issue.

I dont think anybody fears our offense. My guess is that most teams want to avoid Lamar Jackson and the Baltimore Ravens. I personally would love to have a rematch. 

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

If your referring to underdogs nobody wants to face I’d say the Eagles even though they are beat up with injuries..... overall team nobody wants to face has to be Baltimore or KC, IMO. 

The eagles?  Really?  I’m hammering the Seahawks this week

• Like (+1) 1

The Ravens, maybe?

I know, I know, the reference is not just asking who's the best team in football. But what is it exactly? The most dangerous wild card team? Most dangerous team to play wild card weekend?

Assuming it's wild card teams only, I agree with the folks above picking Tennessee. I think teams would rather see the Bills coming than either the Titans or Seattle. And would probably rather see the Eagles (throwing them in even though they're not wild cards) or Texans than us.

IMO next year's going to be our year.

Edited by Thurman#1

i guess a good dark horse team is the Bills

but I wouldn't want to be on the road for Division Weekend

always have to tell myself not to highly rate the winners of WC Weekend, usually wiped out during DW unless there are very mitigating circumstances...

Just now, yungmack said:

The Bills are on a roll...a losing roll, having dropped 3 out of 4 of their  last games, including the embarrassing loss to the Pats. 

oh come on.  the bills lost to the ravens and pats, neither which was embarrassing...and if you want to count yesterday as a game they couldn't win, then you're just trying to hard.  

• Thank you (+1) 5

40 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Wild Card team that can do the most damage is Seattle

Oh wow.  Having now watched a couple of Seattle games.... I gots to disagree, Big Time

1) Seattle's defense did NOT look good in the games I saw (yesterday and the December Rams game).  They overpursue.  The Seahawks were famous for teaching and drilling the shoulder-wrap up tackle.  I don't know what they're teaching now, but if they're still teaching that it isn't being learned.  That was embarassing.

2) Seattle's offense this year has been propelled by Chris Carson and the run game.  Carson is now on IR.  This is uuuuge.

Signing Beast mode should be viewed as the desperation move that it is until proven otherwise.

3) Wilson was getting llllooooooovvvvve as an MVP candidate early on, but I was surprised at how Allen-like his passing was yesterday.  Getting blanked in the 1st half, then

just before halftime failing to convert from 1 and 10 at the SFO 40, including from 3rd and 6 on the SFO 36, then 4th and 1 from the SFO 31 is a play sequence that would be harshly criticized from the Bills, and the play calling/2 "false start" penalties on the OL would be viewed as "excuse making for Allen". 

Ditto the sequence at the end of the game, where they had 8 downs from the SFO 12 and failed to "get it in" including 2 completions on 7 pass attempts.  Very reminiscent of the end of the Pats and Ravens games for us.

Seattle was more dangerous before they lost Carson and the rest of their RBs.  They've now lost 3 of their last 4, and it wasn't from the same situation as we're in where the last 2 games are  "low probability of impact on playoffs". 

Maybe Lynch will step up but I'm not holding my breath.

7 minutes ago, teef said:

oh come on.  the bills lost to the ravens and pats, neither which was embarrassing...and if you want to count yesterday as a game they couldn't win, then you're just trying to hard.  

Sorry, but the loss to NE was an embarrassment for the much vaunted D. It was inexcusable.

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Oh wow.  Having now watched a couple of Seattle games.... I gots to disagree, Big Time

1) Seattle's defense did NOT look good in the games I saw (yesterday and the December Rams game).  They overpursue.  The Seahawks were famous for teaching and drilling the shoulder-wrap up tackle.  I don't know what they're teaching now, but if they're still teaching that it isn't being learned.  That was embarassing.

2) Seattle's offense this year has been propelled by Chris Carson and the run game.  Carson is now on IR.  This is uuuuge.

Signing Beast mode should be viewed as the desperation move that it is until proven otherwise.

3) Wilson was getting llllooooooovvvvve as an MVP candidate early on, but I was surprised at how Allen-like his passing was yesterday.  Getting blanked in the 1st half, then

just before halftime failing to convert from 1 and 10 at the SFO 40, including from 3rd and 6 on the SFO 36, then 4th and 1 from the SFO 31 is a play sequence that would be harshly criticized from the Bills, and the play calling/2 "false start" penalties on the OL would be viewed as "excuse making for Allen". 

Ditto the sequence at the end of the game, where they had 8 downs from the SFO 12 and failed to "get it in" including 2 completions on 7 pass attempts.  Very reminiscent of the end of the Pats and Ravens games for us.

Seattle was more dangerous before they lost Carson and the rest of their RBs.  They've now lost 3 of their last 4, and it wasn't from the same situation as we're in where the last 2 games are  "low probability of impact on playoffs". 

Maybe Lynch will step up but I'm not holding my breath.

Yea Seattle has properly lost its mojo at the wrong moment. I suppose the same accusation might be levelled at the Bills too. The teams people fear going into the playoffs are always the ones who come late. I think Houston might fear us just because the match up is in our favour. 

The one thing I will say about Seattle is that despite last night (and I haven't watched the game) I think they probably have a better chance of knocking off San Fran in San Fran than either the Packers or the Saints. The problem is they have to get past Philly first and I think the Eagles win that game. 

Teams aren't concerned with the Bills, not their offense at least.  Buffalo was 1-4 against playoff teams, with the lone victory coming against a Titans team that wasn't yet QB'd by Tannehill.  Besides, the Bills scored all of 72 points in those 5 games against playoff teams and I can't see them suddenly improving in the post-season.

McD's team is defense first and, as such, as a small margin of error.  I can't see them really scaring anyone with that offense as a result.

Why would the Bills be the team nobody wants to face? They're a limited offensive team with one quality receiver, a rookie running back who they don't use enough and a running QB. The defense is solid, but a bit thin at corner. When I see a Bills team that opens up the offense and stops depending on the defense to win games, I will start believing. Perhaps the brain trust doesn't believe this offense can be aggressive without making mistakes. If that's the case, teams like the Chiefs,  Ravens and even the Texans will look forward to playing us. Bottom line,  we don't do anything offensively really well. All that being said, if you win the turnover battle and make a few big plays you can win. 

Not getting all the Eagles love, I'm happy to go on record and say they've been inconsistent this year and give me little faith. I think they drop a turd of a game in the playoffs and ruin the watching experience of a playoff game.

I like the Bills in the AFC and Seahawks in the NFC as dark horses because of their playmaking QBs and coaching.

Edited by D. L. Hot-Flamethrower

7 minutes ago, Hampton Josh fan said:

Why would the Bills be the team nobody wants to face? They're a limited offensive team with one quality receiver, a rookie running back who they don't use enough and a running QB. The defense is solid, but a bit thin at corner. When I see a Bills team that opens up the offense and stops depending on the defense to win games, I will start believing. Perhaps the brain trust doesn't believe this offense can be aggressive without making mistakes. If that's the case, teams like the Chiefs,  Ravens and even the Texans will look forward to playing us. Bottom line,  we don't do anything offensively really well. All that being said, if you win the turnover battle and make a few big plays you can win. 

that's some folks on here, i was called everything but a child of god for suggesting the Bills game would get the lowest national TV ratings and the worst game time of the weekend, and that everyone will be watching the Pats (90% hoping Brady gets what's coming to him)

35 minutes ago, yungmack said:

The Bills are on a roll...a losing roll, having dropped 3 out of 4 of their  last games, including the embarrassing loss to the Pats. 

Jesus.  You can’t count Sunday’s game against the NYETS because they rested every starter they could.   

And even then the game was close.  

Just now, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Jesus.  You can’t count Sunday’s game against the NYETS because they rested every starter they could.   

And even then the game was close.  

it didna matter atoll