Are the Bills this year's unofficial "team nobody wants to face" in the playoffs?

eball

Sure seems that way...when you look at the fact they had a 6-2 record on the road and "defense travels" I don't think any team "likes" matching up with Buffalo.  Their worst effort of the season was a blustery day against Philly more than two months ago.  Josh has taken care of the ball, they have veteran receivers, a dynamic TE, and an OROY candidate in Singletary.  They've also gotten great experience playing against top defenses over the past 4-5 games.  I think it all boils down to Josh finding a way to avoid early game "jitters" and settling in more quickly.

• Like (+1) 1

I don't think there are any weak teams in the playoffs right now.  Philly is probably the worst because of all their injuries, but I wouldn't want to play them in Philly.  And Tennessee isn't going to be a pushover either.  While I agree, no one probably wants to play the Bills, but this year it's pick your poison.  Should be a really interesting this year....

• Like (+1) 1

As a team that is underestimated, Agreed with Ramza86, the Titans, good defense, they could pound the ball with possible the best RB in the league and have a resurgent QB in Tanneyhill.  Have to wonder what type of record the Titans might had if Tanneyhill had played a full year.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive

Listening to national sports talk on the radio.   That topic was raised on 2 different stations and both times, the Titans were the choice.  

Tannehill being most efficient QB in NFL over the last 10 weeks, good running game, and defensive playmakers including Simmons, Casey, and Byard were given as reasons. 

Personally I think both the Bills and Titans have good chances for a victory on Saturday.   Should be 2 close games.  

Baltimore and KC will be pretty big favorites over either Wildcard team. 

13 minutes ago, eball said:

Sure seems that way...when you look at the fact they had a 6-2 record on the road and "defense travels" I don't think any team "likes" matching up with Buffalo.  Their worst effort of the season was a blustery day against Philly more than two months ago.  Josh has taken care of the ball, they have veteran receivers, a dynamic TE, and an OROY candidate in Singletary.  They've also gotten great experience playing against top defenses over the past 4-5 games.  I think it all boils down to Josh finding a way to avoid early game "jitters" and settling in more quickly.

To answer the title, I believe that honor goes to the Ravens...

38 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Texans and Bills IMO are the 2 worst teams in the playoffs. Since the Texans are at home i'de say the Bills are the team i'de most want to face of the wild card teams.

Titans the team no one wants to face.

I'm in total agreement.

The Texans are very up and down. The Bills struggle to score more than 17 points a game.

Neither team will go far and will be fodder for the next round.

1 hour ago, eball said:

Depends.  How good is your screen game?  And can you power-rush?

42 minutes ago, eball said:

@GunnerBill and I are still waiting for Tannehill to revert back to the mean...

It would be the joke of the season if the Dolphins kicked Tannehill to the curb and he goes on to become a very good starter for someone else.

Meanwhile Fitzpatrick has totally ruined their tank, and they're talking about how they must bring him back next year.

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Texans and Bills IMO are the 2 worst teams in the playoffs. Since the Texans are at home i'de say the Bills are the team i'de most want to face of the wild card teams.

Titans the team no one wants to face.

Titans are very evenly matched on offense and defense.  Both in the top third of the league.  They have a great run game and since Tannehill took over, a consistent passing game.

The Bills have a better defense, unless you bring what is apparently our "kryptonite" (the screen game and power runs).  It will be interesting to see if we manage to shore that up for the playoffs.

We have an offense that blows "hot and cold" -  within the same game.  Statistically, we have the #8 run game in the league for yards but it doesn't seem that way in terms of being able to "get it done" when a score or when the game is on the line.  We seem to come up short consistently when the game is on the line.

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

If your referring to underdogs nobody wants to face I’d say the Eagles even though they are beat up with injuries..... overall team nobody wants to face has to be Baltimore or KC, IMO. 

Baltimore, hands down.

21 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Titans are very evenly matched on offense and defense.  Both in the top third of the league.  They have a great run game and since Tannehill took over, a consistent passing game.

The Bills have a better defense, unless you bring what is apparently our "kryptonite" (the screen game and power runs).  It will be interesting to see if we manage to shore that up for the playoffs.

We have an offense that blows "hot and cold" -  within the same game.  Statistically, we have the #8 run game in the league for yards but it doesn't seem that way in terms of being able to "get it done" when a score or when the game is on the line.  We seem to come up short consistently when the game is on the line.

Baltimore, hands down.

I agree, it’s been a fun season, and I really like this team. I think we can compete any given Sunday, but we’re not more feared than any other playoff team. If we had a consistent offense, teams would be petrified to play us. Right now, any team that trusts their offense to make a few plays has no reason fear us in the playoffs. With that said, I’m not saying we can’t win a playoff game.