Adam Gase on LeVeon Bell’s future with the Jets and other stuff

YoloinOhio

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He took 3 snaps at CB  I believe 

I thought Darnold would look much better against our backups than he did. 

I thought that as well. I find it interesting that despite a lot of his shortcomings, he still gets the hype as if he's lighting it up week after week out there. In the season opener he threw for what, like 175 yards on 28 completions? Lemme run some math here... carry the one... open the calculator app... 6.2 yards per pass, and yeah Crowder had like 12 catches that game but everything was short. Dude seems hesitant to let it rip. But on the other hand, they'll nail Allen to the wall for pushing it downfield into traffic or whatever. "He needs to be careful!" Yeah, he knows, he just has the nads to attempt any throw. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I thought Darnold would look much better against our backups than he did. 

Me too. Darnold's biggest issue I see is throwing off his back foot. And throwing while he is falling away from the defense.I don't see him fixing this issue. It's in his DNA. Jets fans think it will go away once the line gets better but even the best lines or even average lines are not 100% effective all the time. What happens when Daronld faces a great defense? He's going to meltdown everytime?

10 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Me too. Darnold's biggest issue I see is throwing off his back foot. And throwing while he is falling away from the defense.I don't see him fixing this issue. It's in his DNA. Jets fans think it will go away once the line gets better but even the best lines or even average lines are not 100% effective all the time. What happens when Daronld faces a great defense? He's going to meltdown everytime?

He also plays in New York and there’s the worry he struggles with weather.   

In a division with Buffalo and New England, with your home stadium in northern New Jersey.... you have to be able to QB in winter conditions.  

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

He also plays in New York and there’s the worry he struggles with weather.   

In a division with Buffalo and New England, with your home stadium in northern New Jersey.... you have to be able to QB in winter conditions.  

He does come across kind of soft to me. Could be wrong, just the impression I get. 

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

He also plays in New York New Jersey and there’s the worry he struggles with weather.   

FIFY

• Thank you (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Funny I think Leveon is thinking the same thing.

I wonder how long it took him to long for the old Pittsburgh days? His running style requires something the X and O experts refer to as......”BLOCKING”. 

2 minutes ago, 17islongenough said:

Coaches dont count for the cap thats why the Raiders are paying Gruden $10million.

Coaches dont count for the cap thats why the Raiders are paying Gruden $10million.

I meant Bell lol. Gruden got the deal of a lifetime- 100 mil total over ten and a percentage of the team, plus he didnt have to get a bowl cut ???

...which is funny, because the Raiders are one of the few teams that have actual, non-cap related, financial constraints. I wouldn’t mind being the poorest member of a Billionaires Club!