Houston Tailgate Official Info

39 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

I heard they still ran out of Labatts after ordering seven times more this week. 

That was at like 8:00. They also ran out of Miller Lite and Bud Light. At one point a Bud truck pulled up and beeped to an adoring crowd. 

To be honest though it didn’t feel like there was nearly as many as I expected. In fairness, a lot were still en route. 

4 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

An artist has many methods, one just may be to have someone do the actual painting whilst one takes credit! The painting is still a masterpiece, that’s all that matters!

425??? What you cooking in grape seed oil? 350-375 with Sams Club Canola works just fine, as long as enough oil and enough space for each wing to have its “

wiggle room”! 

Peanut oil is the best frying oil there is, smoke point is 450°.  I’m sure canola oil at low temps “works fine”. I like my food and especially my wings to be better than “just fine”, but to each their own.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

An artist has many methods, one just may be to have someone do the actual painting whilst one takes credit! The painting is still a masterpiece, that’s all that matters!

425??? What you cooking in grape seed oil? 350-375 with Sams Club Canola works just fine, as long as enough oil and enough space for each wing to have its “

wiggle room”! 

375 all day in a Vegetable oil. shake basket occasionally.

Franks and use real butter(melted) to make a mild or medium wing.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

1 hour ago, Dirtyd415 said:

Peanut oil is the best frying oil there is, smoke point is 450°.  I’m sure canola oil at low temps “works fine”. I like my food and especially my wings to be better than “just fine”, but to each their own.

One issue with peanut oil is that it can impart an unwanted flavor in the food. Just sayin’ 

Actually......you should use any oil you want. I’m just chiming in because I don’t know what to do with myself until game time. All the wings will be great, I’m sure. 

And....my irrational side is concerned that so many “pundits” are picking the Bills.  Nah, we got this!

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That was at like 8:00. They also ran out of Miller Lite and Bud Light. At one point a Bud truck pulled up and beeped to an adoring crowd. 

To be honest though it didn’t feel like there was nearly as many as I expected. In fairness, a lot were still en route. 

We had an awesome time.   My girlfriend  might be turning into a Bills fan.  LOL.  The crowd I thought was great.  Really good turnout.  Lots of drinking, dancing, partying. But none of the crazier table jumping insanity.   And yeah I don't think I ever seen beer trucks pulling up half way through the night to restock a bar.  

Talked to a couple locals.. that live in the apartments nearby.   They came down just to see what it was all about. Said they never seen a party like that down there.  They became fans of Bills' fans!  LOL. It was a good time. 

Can't say enough about the Houston Bills Backers for putting that all together.   It was undoubtedly a lot to get together. But man was it great!    Now... time for some breakfast then some hopefully we kick some Texan ass!

Go Bills!!

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Mojo44 said:

One issue with peanut oil is that it can impart an unwanted flavor in the food. Just sayin’ 

Actually......you should use any oil you want. I’m just chiming in because I don’t know what to do with myself until game time. All the wings will be great, I’m sure. 

And....my irrational side is concerned that so many “pundits” are picking the Bills.  Nah, we got this!

Fresh peanut oil imparts no taste.  Five guys (and 90% of kitchens that cook fresh fries) use peanut oil exclusively.  

But yes, people should use whatever oil they like or prefer.  Just make them wangs tasty!!

Edited by Dirtyd415
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

Here’s the tailgate from the top of the parking garage next door. Doesn’t really capture it but it was huge, and raucous. 

DA2D5A74-47D1-4AD7-A1AC-61D23A9086F3.jpeg

Amazing!

I will be listening for all of you on television. GO BILLS!!!