Houston Tailgate Official Info

Just now, 99problems said:

Is there a capacity limit to the tailgate by chance? And $10 walk-in?

That’s a good question. I know in Nashville the “open Bills pre-made tailgate” event sold out.  

I'm seriously jealous. If I hadn't just spent all my available cash on moving I'd join y'all in a heartbeat. 

On 12/30/2019 at 10:07 PM, Augie said:

Ranch has it’s place, with homemade chips. Or even veggies. Get that stuff near wings and you are running risks. We will Dizzy Bat, then come after your arse!  (OK, You’ll probably be safe for a while, but we will eventually be relentless!) 

Ranch has no place with anything.  It's simply slightly flavored mayonnaise.  Yeech. Besides neither blue cheese nor ranch belong on the wings.  The blue cheese is for the crudites. 

On 1/1/2020 at 3:27 AM, Peace Frog said:

I recommend Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen and order the salmon alexander.  Totally awesome.

You do realize he asked for a  STEAKHOUSE, right?  ?

And my one contribution to those lucky enough to be there: ALWAYS ask for your wings to be "extra crispy". Never just expect them to be served properly cooked, especially outside of WNY. I also make it a point to order my pizza "Well done. Crispy." Then when it comes out soggy I have a legitimate complaint.  Sorry I don't have more interesting advice.

To those going, Salute!  ?

This is likely a stupid question but I’ve never tailgated with people that I don’t know. How does this work just show up and say Go Bills? I’m taking my 12 year old daughter and want to show her a good time, it’s her first Bills game

Edited by Speedy Beebe
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Speedy Beebe said:

This is likely a stupid question but I’ve never tailgated with people that I don’t know. How does this work just show up and say Go Bills? I’m taking my 12 year old daughter and want to show her a good time, it’s her first Bills game

I have taken my son who is 12 to a couple tailgates. One in Jacksonville 2 years ago for the playoff game. I wil say that everyone will be happy to let you tailgate with them, buttt....you will quickly find that there are a few that you will not want your child around. Other than that you will be fine. Just show up and have a good time. 

• Like (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, thronethinker said:

I have taken my son who is 12 to a couple tailgates. One in Jacksonville 2 years ago for the playoff game. I wil say that everyone will be happy to let you tailgate with them, buttt....you will quickly find that there are a few that you will not want your child around. Other than that you will be fine. Just show up and have a good time. 

That makes me a little sad. 

But based on my experience over the years I can attest if you find a Biils tailgate you will likely to be welcome. I typically bring alcohol to share, if I'm not at my own tailgate.  You'll find they are usually happy to share their food and appreciate any sincere contribution.  It goes without saying, be moderate in what you take and how you behave.

11 hours ago, eball said:

I was wondering whether the roof at the stadium will be open Saturday (forecast is 68 degrees and sunny) and came across an interesting tidbit -- the roof at NRG has not been open for a Texans game in more than FIVE years.  A local news station "investigated" and seemed to arrive at a conclusion that the team believes a closed roof contributes to crowd noise and creates more of a home field advantage.  The article I read (dated November 2019) lists the various NFL stadiums with retractable roofs and notes they are open a considerable amount of the time.

Way to go, Texans.  Get the taxpayers to pony up big time for a fancy retractable roof and then keep it closed because you don't think your crowd is loud enough.

$300-400 million wasted IMO.

19 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

By the way, resale prices are falling. Get in for $65 + fees.

So, $65 plus fees is like......$200?

It’s a steal, I get that, but I hate those lousy fees.......

I hope a TON of you can jump on this and make it happen! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Augie said:

The fees are like $25 a ticket. Freakin' nuts. I thought Congress smacked down Ticketmaster for gouging once?

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The fees are like $25 a ticket. Freakin' nuts. I thought Congress smacked down Ticketmaster for gouging once?

That’s actually not too bad, or at least, better than I expected (despite being almost 50%). Again, I hope Bills fans jump on this in droves. Real life stuff took it of the menu for me. 

Edited by Augie

6 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

How could Congress win where Pearl Jam failed?

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, 99problems said:

Is there a capacity limit to the tailgate by chance? And $10 walk-in?

There is no limit to the number of walk ins at the tailgate that I am aware of.

There are limited surface parking spots at the main lot and an adjoining garage that can handle 800 cars I've been told.  The lot owner also owns other nearby lots and guaranteed us he can handle all excess if the main lot is filled.  

8 hours ago, Augie said:

A lot of Bills gear here at the airport this morning. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Ticket prices have been there, its the airfare that is killer. I'm looking at $1000 round-trip for one seat from Orlando. If I was younger and didn't have a family I would have just drove the 14 hours Houston, but unfortunately I can't do that these days. I want to be there, but I know The Mafia will represent us well.. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Speedy Beebe said:

Look for fans wearing jerseys of players currently on the team, or all time greats.  Anyone wearing a Losman jersey is probably just there to get drunk and in trouble.  

1 hour ago, thronethinker said:

Ticket prices have been there, its the airfare that is killer. I'm looking at $1000 round-trip for one seat from Orlando. If I was younger and didn't have a family I would have just drove the 14 hours Houston, but unfortunately I can't do that these days. I want to be there, but I know The Mafia will represent us well.. 

I'm suffering the same problem from NYC.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1