Houston Tailgate Official Info

14 hours ago, CountryCletus said:

I was considering making a shitload of wings for the tailgate- but it requires someone in the area with a turkey fryer and propane.... if someone coming to the tailgate can supply that, I will bring wings, sauce and oil.

Hmm, how you make those there wings?

btw, a large stock pot may help as well. 

Edited by plenzmd1

10 minutes ago, CountryCletus said:

Listen, buddy... I could type a away with all the ins and out and what have yous, but I doubt you’d keep up, lmao!!!

He can't keep up, Country. You know this. He's good at three things: Gumbo, paying out bets via Venmo, and ruining upper-deck bathrooms.

• Haha (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

He can't keep up, Country. You know this. He's good at three things: Gumbo, paying out bets via Venmo, and ruining upper-deck bathrooms.

just so's ya know, ole Cletus learned form the master on how to do tailgate wings...meaning me! He would still be breading and do unspeakable things to em if not for lessons !

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, plenzmd1 said:

just so's ya know, ole Cletus learned form the master on how to do tailgate wings...meaning me! He would still be breading and do unspeakable things to em if not for lessons !

Mr. Cletus is a fine gentleman and he can cook roadkill just as well as you, good sir.

• Like (+1) 1

BBQ is also great here - highly recommend: 

1) The Pit Room (near downtown and not far from stadium).   The Brisket tacos are unreal. 

2) Pinkerton's - Its in the northeast part of the Heights.   Excellent brisket as well. 

Tex Mex Recommendation: Lupe Tortilla Beef Fajitas

Here is also Top 100 List from area Food Critic - easy to sort by type and neighborhood too: https://projects.houstonchronicle.com/top100/#/

Edited by Bills Oil Company

On 12/30/2019 at 3:54 PM, Jauronimo said:

Check out the Houston Bills Backers Facebook page.  Many out of towners are coordinating (or trying to) grill sharing, food, and beverage.  You may find someone able to help you out ahead of time or find someone at the lot mentioned in the OP who will lend you some grill space.  

I am considering getting a party pack of fajita from El Tiempo for simplicity sake (they're available on Uber Eats too).  It comes with plates, napkins, cutlery, everything you need.  Also flirting with the idea of getting a $35 charcoal grill and picking up a Killen's ready cooked brisket from HEB, some bread, and sauce, and reheating.

These things are decent in a pinch.  https://www.amazon.com/slp/disposable-grills/f364vmk2ypr754p

I will be driving down from Dallas Friday - I will have a Weber grill + accessories + chairs (8 or as many as I can fit).  Food for myself and my 2 daughters.  Y'all are welcome to join it!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Redneck said:

I will be driving down from Dallas Friday - I will have a Weber grill + accessories + chairs (8 or as many as I can fit).  Food for myself and my 2 daughters.  Y'all are welcome to join it!

Wife and I are also leaving Dallas on Friday AM. Grill, extra burgers and Sahlens with all the fixins, plenty of extra beers.  We’ll be at the lot first thing Saturday AM. Stop and sit, chat, and have a drink with us. White GMC Sierra Denali. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Is it okay if I come and park early Saturday and then come back a few hours later? I’d like to set up at 8 but I don’t really want to be out there until 11 or so. 

Why would you even ask? Just go there wearing one of those plastic fake-nose-glasses-moustache things and then just cut out and come back. No one would notice. 

20 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Sissy

8 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Why would you even ask? Just go there wearing one of those plastic fake-nose-glasses-moustache things and then just cut out and come back. No one would notice. 

I knew I’d take some heat for this. I plan on going pretty hard Friday. Apparently I have about 30 on Saturday because I’ll be one of the only people with a car. I am probably just going to get a ton of alcohol and some snacks because I don’t feel like working the whole time. We talked about grilling or frying turkey but I would much rather focus on fun. 

At any rate, think that I’m going to bring cornhole and a positive attitude. Y’all are welcome to come by say hi and have a drink. We will be in a silver Infiniti QX50 and the cornhole set will have one Ohio State and one Nintendo Controller. I’ll probably be in either a blue Edmunds or white Tre White Jersey. Stop by and say hi except for you you @plenzmd1 I don’t have time for your negativity ?

• Haha (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I knew I’d take some heat for this. I plan on going pretty hard Friday. Apparently I have about 30 on Saturday because I’ll be one of the only people with a car. I am probably just going to get a ton of alcohol and some snacks because I don’t feel like working the whole time. We talked about grilling or frying turkey but I would much rather focus on fun. 

At any rate, think that I’m going to bring cornhole and a positive attitude. Y’all are welcome to come by say hi and have a drink. We will be in a silver Infiniti QX50 and the cornhole set will have one Ohio State and one Nintendo Controller. I’ll probably be in either a blue Edmunds or white Tre White Jersey. Stop by and say hi except for you you @plenzmd1 I don’t have time for your negativity ?

I’ll look for you! As of now I plan on leaving my house around 5am and getting there around 11am.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/30/2019 at 11:52 AM, Jauronimo said:

5. The game is at 3:30 Central Time which is EXACTLY the same time as 4:30 Eastern.  Weird, I know.  One of science's greatest mysteries but its true so don't miss the game.

That's a good thing to mention, particularly if people have been enjoying the margaritas! :)

I was wondering whether the roof at the stadium will be open Saturday (forecast is 68 degrees and sunny) and came across an interesting tidbit -- the roof at NRG has not been open for a Texans game in more than FIVE years.  A local news station "investigated" and seemed to arrive at a conclusion that the team believes a closed roof contributes to crowd noise and creates more of a home field advantage.  The article I read (dated November 2019) lists the various NFL stadiums with retractable roofs and notes they are open a considerable amount of the time.

Way to go, Texans.  Get the taxpayers to pony up big time for a fancy retractable roof and then keep it closed because you don't think your crowd is loud enough.