Houston Tailgate Official Info

20 hours ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

Any recommendations for a good steakhouse / seafood place to hit for dinner Friday? Looking for something local not chain type. 

I live in Houston - specifically the Houston Heights, which is an old historic neighborhood just northwest of downtown (5-10 min from downtown).  Lots of popular restaurants in and around the neighborhood. 

For steak - Try B&B Butchers or Ritual.   Both are great and you will need a reservation.  B&B is a bit higher end.    

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Pluckers is very hit or miss but when they're on point they are quite good.  For an authentic buffalo wing, that's the place to go.  Wait times are often in excess of an hour and during peak times, quality suffers. 

On the less conventional side, Hay Merchant smokes their wings (and half the time fries them afterward) which are also great when they're executing (PB&J are my fave there).  Its also a great beer bar with excellent food since its owned by a big time chef.  Dak n Bop (located in the Museum District) serves battered Korean style wings.  Sriracha lime and Buffalo hot are very good.  Fuego's on Washington Ave breads their wings but they are consistently well cooked and crunchy (I loathe rubbery skin). 

Houston is a top notch food city but wings is not something we're known for.  I would strongly encourage you to avoid wings on this trip and opt for something we do well.    

Agree - I'm a Houstonian as well.  Stick w/ Tex Mex, Steaks, and Seafood.   Wings is for when you are in Buffalo.    When in Rome....

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, CowgirlsFan said:

No parking pass necessary.

Opens at 8 AM 

First come first serve.

$40.00 cost per car.

Yes ,it's definitely different.

Check the Houston Bills Backers Facebook Group several times a day for up to date information.

Oh...and...see you there.

Thanks and see you there!!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Do I need a parking pass for this lot or is it 1st come 1st serve? It’s different than where we were last year correct?

First come first serve.  $40 per car.  $10 for walk ins.  Yes, last year was Yellow lot which is owned/operated by NRG.  This is a private lot.  Address in the OP.

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

Any recommendations for a good steakhouse / seafood place to hit for dinner Friday? Looking for something local not chain type. 

No one chimed in on seafood so let me suggest for a true Houston flavor try Goode Company Seafood and get some fish smoked over mesquite, delicious, also have pretty good fried oysters (Liberty Kitchen has better fired oysters) or Goode Company Cantina if you want fish/mexican mix of cusine.

2 hours ago, Bills Oil Company said:

I live in Houston - specifically the Houston Heights, which is an old historic neighborhood just northwest of downtown (5-10 min from downtown).  Lots of popular restaurants in and around the neighborhood. 

For steak - Try B&B Butchers or Ritual.   Both are great and you will need a reservation.  B&B is a bit higher end.    

Love the Heights but parking now is getting to be a real pain in the arse.

• Thank you (+1) 1

If you like Cajun...  Zydeco Diner is the best I've had in Houston.    1119 Pease St, Houston, TX 77002

Its a few blocks from them Friday night block party. And only open during lunch on Thursday and Friday.   Wish they had better hours. 

On 12/30/2019 at 12:50 PM, Jauronimo said:

Pappa Bros in Downtown is the best steakhouse in the city in my opinion.  B&B Butcher on Washington Ave is where you're most likely to run into Beyonce.  Killen's Steakhouse in Memorial is less conventional and combines steakhouse with Texas BBQ and my one visit was excellent.  I had an underwhelming experience at Georgia James but my girlfren has been back several times since and vouches for it.  She also loves Doris Metropolitan.  

There is no shortage of fine steakhouses in Houston.

I recommend Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen and order the salmon alexander.  Totally awesome.

On 12/31/2019 at 10:15 AM, Bills Oil Company said:

Agree - I'm a Houstonian as well.  Stick w/ Tex Mex, Steaks, and Seafood.   Wings is for when you are in Buffalo.    When in Rome....

Agreed, the wings in Houston will disappoint. Tex Mex on the othet hand top notch. Relocated to Houston in March I have tried wings from Galveston to Montgomery., not worth the time. BTW Christians tailgate on Bagley is small. I went there for the draft

8 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

I recommend Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen and order the salmon alexander.  Totally awesome.

Pappa's is great. MHO Rudy's has the best brisket in Houston if you are looking for BBQ. Triple J's on the est side is incredible but not the best neighborhood.

On 12/31/2019 at 10:15 AM, Bills Oil Company said:

Agreed, the wings in Houston will disappoint. Tex Mex on the othet hand top notch. Relocated to Houston in March I have tried wings from Galveston to Montgomery., not worth the time. BTW Christians tailgate on Bagley is small. I went there for the draft

12 hours ago, CountryCletus said:

I was considering making a shitload of wings for the tailgate- but it requires someone in the area with a turkey fryer and propane.... if someone coming to the tailgate can supply that, I will bring wings, sauce and oil.

Why don't you post this in the Houston Bills Backers Facebook Group?