The Pats Will be One and Done

H2o

One thing I've noticed about Brady. You know after 1 drive what type of game it's going to be. If he comes out and misses guys on that first drive you have a good shot at keeping him down. If he comes right out and just starts hitting guys in stride like he did in the 2nd Bills game, he will be on all night. 

It's going to be rainy and cold, conditions that favor running the ball and playing defense.

The NE offense is not great already AND they have struggled to run. Their WR group is bad and Edelman is seriously hurt to where even the injections might not help much.

Now that could also help the NE defense, since the Titans already want to run and NE will already be gearing up to stop the run. 

I think the game comes down to which QB/WR group can play in the sloppy conditions. I know Brady has shown that he can in the past, but with these WRs who cannot get open on a good day and when healthy, along with his struggles this season throwing the ball, it is going to be very tough.

On 12/30/2019 at 6:35 AM, matter2003 said:

I think Belichick will have something for Tannehill after seeing him all those years in the division.  I think it will be a close game and it will come down to if the Pats offense can score enough points because I think the D will keep the Titans in check for the most part.

Tannehill had some of the best success against the Pats than almost any other QB

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ArtVandalay said:

Yeah, the father time thing is on it's 5th year lmao

By this logic father time will NEVER catch up to Brady.

By almost any objective measure Father Time has ALREADY caught up to Brady.

They lose at home to one of the worst teams in the league, a must win game for them and the Dolphins had noting but pride on the line. No first round bye for the Pats is massive.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 12/30/2019 at 4:33 AM, oldmanfan said:

Wouldn't surprise me.  But Belichick will do what Belichick always does; take away their biggest strength in Henry and force Tannehill to beat them.  And I'm not sure Tannehill has that in him.

Yup.  Tenn will score 13 points max, get called for defensive holding 3 times, and lose.   I've seen this movie more times than I've seen The Godfather.

I get that the Pats are not what they used to be, but they are still the bully that everyone says is dead and then they always show up in the playoffs. There is zero way they lose this week IMO unless the wheels fall off and they give up a bunch of turnovers.  This is Tannehill people!!! They will knock him around and he won’t be posting the stats that he had been. I figure he will be good for 3 turnovers.  They may not beat KC but they will win at home. 

I hope I am wrong but betting against the Pats at home in the playoffs is not smart. 

10 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Good God!  The Patriots organization is so f-ing deep in the heads of most Bills fans! 

Let it go people!

Why wouldn't they be?  The Pats are one of the primary reasons for the playoff drought.  Look at all the 7-9 or 8-8 seasons that could have been winning seasons and wild card berths potentially if we didn't start 0-2 every year.  Of course the Pats are always on the minds of Bills fans...they have been in our way for 20 years.  Imagine if the Bills had been in the AFC south all these years?

This isn't an excuse or a pass for the Bills failures during the drought, but to think that Bills fans would NOT have the Pats on their minds is crazy.

On 12/30/2019 at 9:47 AM, T master said:

If the Pats are 1 & done & the Pats beat our Bills then where does that put the Bills ? 

If you paid attention and read Buffalo Stampedes post you would understand that the playoffs are about match ups. The Bills favorably match up well against Houston and have performed well on the road this year. It doesn’t guarantee anything, but on paper it looks good...

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

Good God!  The Patriots organization is so f-ing deep in the heads of most Bills fans! 

Let it go people!

I was recently advised that one should not respond to stupidity.

In light of this post, that seems like advice from which you could benefit.

3 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Yup.  Tenn will score 13 points max, get called for defensive holding 3 times, and lose.   I've seen this movie more times than I've seen The Godfather.

So, you're suggesting a horse head in Brady’s bed?  I just might know a guy......

• Haha (+1) 1

TOM BRADY'S DEMISE: Shockingly, New England has the worst QB in the playoffs

I didn't think that I would ever see the day when Tom Brady was viewed as a liability for the New England Patriots, but the 42-year-old is the worst quarterback in the playoffs.

I know the Twitterverse will scorch me for disrespecting the G.O.A.T. after all that he has accomplished during a spectacular 20-year run that includes six Super Bowl titles, four Super Bowl MVP awards and three NFL MVPs, but there's no way that anyone can take an honest look at his 2019 performance and not reach the same conclusion.

Brady not only enters this single-elimination tournament with the second-lowest passer rating among playoff quarterbacks -- 88.0, ahead of only Josh Allen's 85.3 -- but his play over the last half of the season puts him at the bottom of the entire quarterbacking barrel. Since Week 9, TB12's completion percentage (56.9), yards per attempt (5.9) and passer rating (80.8) all rank 28th or worse (among quarterbacks who attempted at least 100 passes in this period). During that span, Brady had a lower completion percentage than Allen, a lesser yards-per-attempt figure than Duck Hodges and a worse passer rating than Mitchell Trubisky.

Wow!

If that's not enough to make you queasy, just take a look at his numbers from the 2019 season after he torched the Patriots' first three opponents (the Steelers, Dolphins and Jets) with spectacular play from the pocket (SEE: 67.9 percent completions, 303.7 pass yards per game, 8.6 yards per pass attempt, 7:0 TD-to-INT and a 116.5 passer rating). Since Week 4, Brady's completion percentage (59.4), yards per attempt (6.2) and passer rating (82.0) all rank among the bottom six in the league, and his passing yards per game (242.0) and touchdown-to-interception ratio (17:8) certainly don't stand out as elite production.

If we took the name off the back of Brady's jersey, there's no way that you would fear the Patriots' QB1 in a matchup against any of the elite quarterbacks in the tournament. Brady would be the underdog in one-on-one matchups against Lamar Jackson, Patrick Mahomes, Drew Brees, Russell Wilson, Aaron Rodgers, Carson Wentz and Deshaun Watson, and you can at least make a very strong case for Jimmy Garoppolo, Ryan Tannehill, Kirk Cousins and Josh Allen (running skills give him the edge) in shootouts against TB12.

I'm not being a hater. If you make the assessment strictly on how each quarterback performed on the field this season, you can't make Brady the favorite in any of those matches. Despite his playoff greatness and legendary status, he hasn't outplayed the competition, and the numbers speak for themselves. While you can make the case that Brady hasn't been helped out by a supporting cast that's struggled with the dropsies -- New England's 34 drops rank as the second-most in the NFL, per Pro Football Focus -- the quarterback hasn't performed up to the TB12 standard and it has seriously limited the Patriots' offense.

Brady used to carve up defenses attempting to rattle him with blitzes, but now he wilts under the pressure. After posting a 52.1 percent completion rate under pressure from 2016 to '18, per Next Gen Stats, he's only completed 37.4 percent of those passes in 2019 -- the third-lowest mark in the league this season. Brady has also struggled to throw the ball to the outside. He has the lowest passer rating (67.4) among 32 qualified quarterbacks on throws to wide targets, along with a 53 percent completion rate and a 5:6 TD-to-INT ratio on these tosses. Compare those numbers to Brady's production in the past three seasons:

2018: 63.4 comp%, 11:2 TD-to-INT, 101.4 passer rating.
2017: 61.1 comp%, 10:5 TD-to-INT, 96.2 passer rating.
2016: 60.8 comp%, 9:1 TD-to-INT, 101.6 passer rating.

Studying the All-22 Coaches Film, I observe more accuracy and ball-placement issues from the veteran QB than I've ever seen before. Brady repeatedly misses open receivers down the seams or along the boundary on vertical throws, and his inconsistencies have prompted defensive coordinators to come after the 14-time Pro Bowler with reckless abandon.

"He's not the same player," a former NFL defensive coordinator who routinely faced Brady told me. "He's not as accurate and he's missing more throws than ever. Plus, he's more affected by pressure because he doesn't want to get it. The pieces around him aren't as good, either, but he definitely is not the player that made you pause before dialing up a pressure."

The Patriots have been able to win Super Bowls in a variety of ways during a remarkable two-decade run, but hoisting the Lombardi Trophy this February will require them to play around their quarterback. Despite his unparalleled resume, Brady will have to hope the squad can carry him to the title as the team's weakest link.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001093960/article/coaching-traits-to-seek-tom-bradys-fall-bakers-crucial-year

On 12/30/2019 at 6:46 AM, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I’m just saying. Tannehill has had a good season. Not to mention the Pats weakness is Tenn strength, power running.

If Tenn plays a clean game they can run the Pats off their field. 

I’m glad Tennessee got it as the last wild card and not Pittsburgh , at least Titans have a shot in this game !!

• Thank you (+1) 1