The Pats Will be One and Done

H2o

I like this matchup for the Titans as much as anyone, and the Pats seem about as vulnerable as they have ever been. Add in no bye and how that has proven to be a killer for them and it seems like a good take.

That being said, there's just no way you can bet against them...especially after just losing in Foxborough. Bilicheat will have a stellar plan ready, and I wouldn't be surprised one bit if they put it to Tennessee. 

12 hours ago, Chris66 said:

Bills and Pats are the same team. Neither one is winning a shootout. If the defense fails to hold in the teens they probably lose.

You keep saying that. It isn't true.

The Pats are a team whose offense is bad because they hung onto an aging QB too long, and forgot to give him people who could actually get open and catch the ball.

The Bills offense is just getting started.  Hope ya enjoy watching it after the Titans end your dynasty on Saturday.

13 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I think they beat Tennessee. Ugly, grind it out, probably score on defense or STs but win the game. 23-17.

I don't, however, see them as capable of going into Kansas City and winning again. The AFCCG is Kansas City @ Baltimore and that will be a hell of a game.

That's exactly how I see it......I also see Baltimore beating KC and going to the SB...a repeat of a few years ago...SF vs Baltimore....

On 12/30/2019 at 9:21 PM, Success said:

You keep saying that. It isn't true.

The Pats are a team whose offense is bad because they hung onto an aging QB too long, and forgot to give him people who could actually get open and catch the ball.

The Bills offense is just getting started.  Hope ya enjoy watching it after the Titans end your dynasty on Saturday.

Not talking about future. Talking right now. If Houston or Tenn. put up a quick 17 pts. both teams are toast. Neither team is built to come back from that deficit. That's where they are the same.

I actually think the Bills and Texans are a lot more alike than the Bills and Patriots

For years the Texans were the 10-6/11-5 ish team that nobody took seriously in the playoffs. Totally one-sided back then with defense. Just not a team that scared you. 

We're in that vicinity now, which is a good step up from where this team has been. Still, nobody is really taking the Bills seriously as contenders this season. But this team is young and growing, so hopefully we can make some noise this year and truly become Super Bowl contenders going forward. 

This year either the Bills or Texans will be playing in mid January and still nobody will give either team a chance at winning it all. 

Edited by TheFunPolice

On 12/30/2019 at 8:01 PM, Bigmanbills88 said:

That incorrect. You need to specify and say brady and belichick have never made the SB playing a w.c game. 

But i wouod imaging its hard to get to SB playing on W.C weekend when you only played on w.c weekend 3x.

2006 patriots where worse than this 2019 team. They where a few plays away from a SB

Where they?  Lol, common man! Be a Bills fan and enjoy seeing the Pats struggle!  None of this doom and gloom nonsense, we're rolling baby!!!

I fully expect the Patriots to win and do it fairly easily. 

While it would be nice to see them lose, pats winning would also be better for the bills in my opinion. Would much rather go to Baltimore week 2 than KC. And KC will knock them out anyways. 

I see the Titans beating the Patriots this week, they are a good team and this is one of the rare down years for the Pats where they will lose in the playoffs, people will spend all season talking about how the dynasty and Brady are done, then they come back reloaded next year and dominate again. Brady is still Brady, he isn't holding them back this year. They will get a couple of guys that will work better with him this offseason and improve the line and be back looking like the favorite again next year.

As for the Bills, I don't have a good feeling going into the game and think they lose this one in another ugly low scoring game where the defence will do enough to hold the Texans to around 20 points and the Bills offence will put up 10-14 points and lose. Hopefully I'm wrong and the Texans have one of their bad games that they have had this year, but I don't see it happening.

It looks like just like the Pats game, I will miss the end of it for my hockey game that day........

Speaking of last game 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28411253/tom-brady-focused-titans-not-possible-patriots-finale

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Quarterback Tom Brady could potentially be playing in his final career home game for the New England Patriots in Saturday's wild-card matchup against the Tennessee Titans, but he said he hasn't allowed himself time for sentimental thoughts.

"I'm not much for nostalgia. I'm just pretty focused on what I need to do. This week has felt pretty much like every other week for the last 20 years," Brady said Thursday.

On 12/30/2019 at 4:48 AM, GunnerBill said:

I think they beat Tennessee. Ugly, grind it out, probably score on defense or STs but win the game. 23-17.

I don't, however, see them as capable of going into Kansas City and winning again. The AFCCG is Kansas City @ Baltimore and that will be a hell of a game.

Don't underestimate Andy Reid's ability to lose

13 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Don't underestimate Andy Reid's ability to lose

thats COLD.

13 hours ago, ArtVandalay said:

When will people learn to stop embarrassing themselves and stop underestimating the Patriots?

Every year for the last 18 years. It's just comical at this point.

Ever hear of Father Time?  

If Brady doesn't make it to the SB he's done in NE.   Even Kraft isn't that stupid. (or could he be?) 

On 12/30/2019 at 5:35 AM, matter2003 said:

I think Belichick will have something for Tannehill after seeing him all those years in the division.  I think it will be a close game and it will come down to if the Pats offense can score enough points because I think the D will keep the Titans in check for the most part.

Actually the Patriots had the most trouble with the Dolphins in recent years, including the years with Tannehill.

I will never count out the Pats as long as Brady is playing, but the fact that they lost to the Fins last week, with a first-round bye on the line, gives me pause. That was a very important game for them, and they tend not to lose very important games unless they are against championship-caliber teams. As in Super Bowls. 

Edited by skibum
  • Like (+1) 1