The Pats Will be One and Done

H2o

The Patriots, and their wonderful fanbase :rolleyes:, will feel life's keen sting this coming weekend. They are not in their typical stride heading into the playoffs. Truthfully, they are still looking for answers with their consistency on offense. They also only hold a .500 record in the playoffs with 0 SB appearances when being forced to play WC weekend. Father time is catching up with Brady, despite what we saw against our own Bills a little over a week ago. It was even more evident yesterday against the Dolphins. Mike Vrabel is a BB disciple of sorts and knows their schemes well. For all of the talk about Gilmore being DPOY, he was eaten alive yesterday by Devante Parker. The Pats have also shown they are beatable at home. The Titans offensive scheme is tailor made to face that defense. Derrick Henry is going to give them fits and Tannehill is a better version of Ryan Fitzpatrick. AJ Brown, even though he is only a rookie, is about as polished a WR you will find at this early stage in the league. He's big, strong, a very good route runner, and has some speed as well. I believe it will be another long day for Gilmore. Look for Vrabel to pound the rock with Henry and Tannehill to eat them alive off of play-action. I also expect Dion Lewis to be more involved in the passing game, being utilized in the same manner as White is for the Pats more so this WC weekend keeping the defense off balance. Vrabel will also have his defense ready to go, dialing up pressure at the right times to keep Brady uncomfortable all game long. This is the year that it all starts to come crashing down. Titans 31 Pats 21, and this will be with the Pats getting a garbage TD towards the end of the game. 

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I think Belichick will have something for Tannehill after seeing him all those years in the division.  I think it will be a close game and it will come down to if the Pats offense can score enough points because I think the D will keep the Titans in check for the most part.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, matter2003 said:

I think Belichick will have something for Tannehill after seeing him all those years in the division.  I think it will be a close game and it will come down to if the Pats offense can score enough points because I think the D will keep the Titans in check for the most part.

He couldn’t stop Fitz.

6 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Fitz gets in those grooves sometimes.  He couldn't stop him a lot of times actually...Fitz used to put up points on the Pats under Gailey.

I’m just saying. Tannehill has had a good season. Not to mention the Pats weakness is Tenn strength, power running.

If Tenn plays a clean game they can run the Pats off their field. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, mannc said:

I’ll believe it when I see it. Eight days ago, the Pats dominated the Bills on both sides of the ball.  They are more than capable of going on a run.

I think they beat Tennessee. Ugly, grind it out, probably score on defense or STs but win the game. 23-17.

I don't, however, see them as capable of going into Kansas City and winning again. The AFCCG is Kansas City @ Baltimore and that will be a hell of a game.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I think they beat Tennessee. Ugly, grind it out, probably score on defense or STs but win the game. 23-17.

I don't, however, see them as capable of going into Kansas City and winning again. The AFCCG is Kansas City @ Baltimore and that will be a hell of a game.

I can absolutely see Belichick going into KC and figuring out a way to frustrate Mahomes and beat Andy Reid.

Just now, mannc said:

I can absolutely see Belichick going into KC and figuring out a way to frustrate Mahomes and beat Andy Reid.

Oh I think he can figure out a way. I just don't believe he has the horses to execute it. I expect the Pats could go into that game with the perfect gameplan and still lose.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1